- Public policy
- Property Rights
I am a regular contributor to public debate with opinion pieces having appeared in The Age, The Australian, Australian Financial Review, The Conversation, Daily Telegraph, The Drum, Sydney Morning Herald, and Wall Street Journal Asia.
I am also a regular commentator in both radio and television.
Various subjects in Economics and Finance at both undergraduate and post-graduate levels.
- BCom, BCom(Hons), MCom (Wits), PhD, Grad Cert T&L (RMIT)
- Berg, C.,Davidson, S.,Potts, J. (2019). Towards Crypto-friendly Public Policy In: Blockchain Economics: Implications of Distributed Ledgers Markets, Communications Networks, and Algorithmic Reality, World Scientific Publishing Europe Ltd, London, United Kingdom
- Davidson, S.,De Filippi, P.,Potts, J. (2018). Blockchains and the economic institutions of capitalism In: Journal of Institutional Economics, 14, 639 - 658
- Davidson, S. (2018). Some (micro) economics of regulation In: Australia's Red Tape Crisis: The Causes and Costs of Over-Regulation, Connor Court Publishing, Australia
- Berg, C.,Davidson, S. (2018). Against public broadcasting: Why we should privatise the ABC and how to do it, Connor Court Publishing, Australia
- Davidson, S.,De Silva, A. (2018). Did recent tobacco reforms change the cigarette market? In: Economic Papers, 37, 55 - 74
- Davidson, S. (2018). Comment: Do firms that pay less company tax create more jobs? Volume 59, September 2018, Pages 25�28 In: Economic Analysis and Policy, 59, 127 - 129
- Davidson, S. (2018). Populism and Fiscal Illusion In: Australian Economic Review, 51, 418 - 425
- Novak, M.,Potts, J.,Davidson, S. (2018). The Cost of Trust: A Pilot Study In: The Journal of the British Blockchain Association, 1, 1 - 7
- Davidson, S.,Li, L. (2017). Taxation in a mixed economy: the case of China In: Studies in Economics and Finance, 34, 49 - 61
- Berg, C.,Davidson, S. (2017). Nudging, calculation, and utopia In: Journal of Behavioral Economics for Policy, 1, 49 - 52
- Enhancing the investment environment in Asia-Pacific Economic Cooperation (APEC) and Association of Southeast Asian Nations (ASEAN) Economics. Funded by: AusAID Public Sector Linkages Program from (2013 to 2015)
- Does Australian Corporate Taxation Matter?. Funded by: ARC Discovery 2007 from (2007 to 2009)
- Does the diversification penalty crowd out R&D value?. Funded by: Academic Research Grant from (2006 to 2006)
- Do Australians firms have a lower propensity to undertake R&D?. Funded by: Australian Centre for Financial Studies Grant pre-2014 from (2006 to 2007)
- Economic Reform and Australian Electoral Decision Making. Funded by: ARC Discovery Projects 2004 from (2004 to 2007)
15 PhD Completions and 6 Masters by Research Completions8 PhD Current Supervisions and 1 Masters by Research Current Supervisions