Senior Lecturer in Medical Radiations, School of Health and Biomedical Sciences
- Radiation safety and protection,
- Radiation Biology,
- Health Physics,
- Radiation dosimetry in Medical Imaging,
- Nuclear Medicine and Radiotherapy,
- Physics Education.
- Zirconium-89 for Positron Emission Tomography and Hydroxamate Resin Column for Gallium-68 Generator. PhD project (to be completed in 2013), Senior Supervisor.
- Evaluating the shielding effectivness for novel PET isotopes, determining skin dose and the bremsstrahlung radiation phenomenon. Honours Project (to be completed in 2013). Senior Supervisor.
- Novel 3D Radiochromic Dosimeters for Advanced Radiotherapy Techniques. PhD Project (Completed in 2013). Second Supervisor.
- The Reduction of Dose to Breast Tissue during Multi-Slice CT Examinations using Bismuth Breast Shields and Dose Modulation. Masters by Research project (Completed in 2012). Senior Supervisor.
- An analysis of the adequacy of two off-line correction protocols when applied to soft tissue matching in radiotherapy treatment of prostate cancer. Honours project (completed in 2009). Senior Supervisor.
- Senior Lecturer – Medical Radiation Physics
- Radiation Safety Officer – School of Medical Sciences
Teaching Medical Physics and Radiobiology to undergraduate and postgraduate students.
- ONPS 2343 – Medical Radiations Technology 1
- ONPS 2344 – Medical Radiations Technology 2
- ONPS 2346 – Nuclear Medicine Technology 2
- ONPS 2347 – Medical Imaging Technology 1
- ONPS 2348 – Medical Imaging Technology 2
- ONPS 2353 – Medical Imaging Technology 3
- BSc (Hons), University of Chittagong (Bangladesh), 1990
- MSc (Physics), University of Chittagong (Bangladesh), 1993
- PhD (Nuclear Physics), The University of Melbourne (Australia), 2001
- MAppSc (Medical Physics), Queensland University of Technology (Australia), 2007
- ANSTO General Radiation Safety Officer Course, Lucas Heights, Sydney, August 23-25, 2011.
- RADaim, Melbourne, Australia, July 25-26, 2009.
- ESTRO Endorsed Basic Clinical Radiobiology Course Sydney, Australia, March 22-27, 2009
- Australian Institute of Physics (AIP), Member, 2002 – 2015
- American Physical Society (APS), Member, 2002 – 2015
- Australasian College of Physical Scientists and Engineers in Medicine (ACPSEM), Associate Member, 2002 –
- Neutron Scattering Society of America (NSSA), Member, 2004 –
- The American Association of Physicists in Medicine (AAPM), Member, 2009 –
- American Association of Physics Teachers (AAPT), Member, 2011 –
- Australian Radiation Protection Society (ARPS), Member, 2012 –
- Health Physics Society (HPS), Member, 2014 –
- RMIT Teaching Excellence Award (Higher Education) 2016
- Science, Engineering, and Health Top Course Award 2016 (for four courses)
- Student Choice Teaching Award 2015
- Science, Engineering, and Health Top Course Award 2015 (for four courses)
- Science, Engineering, and Health Top Course Award 2014 (for five courses)
- School of Medicine Head of School Award, 2013
- Outstanding Good Teaching Scale (GTS) Award, 2013 (for four courses)
- Outstanding Good Teaching Scale (GTS) Award, 2012 (for four courses)
- RMIT University International Media Star of the Year Award, 2011
- Outstanding Good Teaching Scale (GTS) Award, 2011
- Outstanding Good Teaching Scale (GTS) Award, 2010
- Top Honours Student Supervisor Award, 2009 (for top Honours student, Leanne Donald)
- Australian Institute of Physics Bragg Gold Medal Finalist, 2002
- Bawazeer, O.,Herath, S.,Sarasanandarajah, S.,Kron, T.,Deb, P. (2017). The influence of acquisition mode on the dosimetric performance of an amorphous silicon electronic portal imaging device In: Journal of Medical Physics, 42, 90 - 95
- Maghrabi, H.,Wang, L.,Deb, P.,Vijayan, A. (2017). A study of shielding and comfort performance for selected fabrics used as casing material for x-ray protective aprons In: Journal of Fiber Bioengineering and Informatics (JFBI), 10, 91 - 104
- Badawy, M.,Mong, K.,Lykhun, U.,Deb, P. (2016). An assessment of nursing staffs' knowledge of radiation protection and practice In: Journal of Radiological Protection, 36, 178 - 183
- Maghrabi, H.,Mahbub, R.,Vijayan, A.,Deb, P.,Wang, L. (2016). Comfort characteristics of selected textile fabrics proposed for use as X-Ray protective apron casing In: Proceedings of the 9th Textile Bioengineering and Informatics Symposium in Conjunction Proceedings of the 9th Textile Bioengineering and Informatics Symposium in Conjunction with the 6th Asian Protective Clothing Conference (TBIS-APCC 2016), Melbourne, Australia, 12-16 July 2016
- Maghrabi, H.,Vijayan, A.,Mohaddes, F.,Deb, P.,Wang, L. (2016). Evaluation of X-ray radiation shielding performance of barium sulphate-coated fabrics In: Fibers and Polymers, 17, 2047 - 2054
- Maghrabi, H.,Vijayan, A.,Wang, L.,Deb, P. (2015). Design of seamless knitted radiation shielding garments with 3D body scanning technology In: Proceedings of the 1st International Design Technology Conference (DesTech 2015) - Procedia Technology Volume 20, Geelong, Australia, 29 June-1 July 2015
- Maghrabi, H.,Vijayan, A.,Deb, P.,Wang, L. (2015). Bismuth oxide-coated fabrics for x-ray shielding In: Textile Research Journal, 86, 649 - 658
- Maghrabi, H.,Deb, P.,Vijayan, A.,Wang, L. (2015). An overview of lead aprons for radiation protection: are they doing their best? In: Proceedings of the 8th Textile Bioengineering and Informatics Symposium (TBIS 2015), Zadar, Croatia, 14-17 June 2015
- Bawazeer, O.,Herath, S.,Sarasanandarajah, S.,Deb, P. (2015). Electronic portal imaging device dosimetry for IMRT: A review on commercially available solutions In: IFMBE Proceedings, Toronto, Canada, 7-12 June 2015
- Badawy, M.,Deb, P.,Chan, R.,Farouque, O. (2015). A review of radiation protection solutions for the staff in the cardiac catheterisation laboratory In: Heart Lung and Circulation, 25, 961 - 967
1 PhD Current Supervisions and 1 Masters by Research Current Supervisions5 PhD Completions and 1 Masters by Research Completions