Dr Hai Dong is the leader of Smart Sensing and Services Research Area, the deputy director and co-founder of CloudTech-RMIT Green Cryptocurrency Joint Research Laboratory (GreenCryptoLab), and a member of RMIT Centre for Cyber Security Research and Innovation (CCSRI).
He published a monograph and 120+ research articles (70+ CORE-A*/A/SJR Top-10%) in international journals and conferences, including CACM, CSUR, JCSS, TIE, TII, TMC, TSC, TSE, ICSOC, ICWS, etc. He received the Best Research Paper Award in ICSOC 2016.
He obtained 5 million+ research funding from government (including ARC, CRC, CRC-P, and QNRF) and industry as a chief investigator. He currently serves as a chair for the IEEE Computational Intelligence Society Task Force on Deep Edge Intelligence. He served in the organising/program committees of 80+ international conferences, including ICSOC, ICWS, etc. He was invited to review for 50+ international journals, such as CSUR, TKDE, TOIT, TSC, etc. His primary research interests include: Service-Oriented Computing, Edge Computing, Blockchain, AI Security, Cyber Security, Data Science, etc. He is a senior member of the IEEE and a member of the ACM.
- Abeysekara, G.,Dong, H.,Qin, A. (2023). Data-driven Trust Prediction in Mobile Edge Computing-based IoT Systems In: IEEE Transactions on Services Computing, 16, 246 - 260
- Jin, H.,Zhang, P.,Dong, H.,Zhu, Y.,Bouguettaya, A. (2023). Privacy-Aware Forecasting of Quality of Service in Mobile Edge Computing In: IEEE Transactions on Services Computing, 16, 478 - 492
- Chu, H.,Zhang, P.,Dong, H.,Xiao, Y.,Ji, S.,Li, W. (2023). A survey on smart contract vulnerabilities: Data sources, detection and repair In: Information and Software Technology, 159, 1 - 17
- Abeysekara, G.,Dong, H.,Qin, A. (2023). Edge Intelligence for Real-Time IoT Service Trust Prediction In: IEEE Transactions on Services Computing, , 1 - 14
- Cai, H.,Zhang, P.,Dong, H.,Grunske, L.,Ji, S.,Yuan, T. (2023). Adversarial example-based test case generation for black-box speech recognition systems In: Software Testing Verification and Reliability, , 1 - 21
- Zhang, P.,Yu, Q.,Xiao, Y.,Dong, H.,Luo, X.,Wang, X.,Zhang, M. (2023). BiAn: Smart Contract Source Code Obfuscation In: IEEE Transactions on Software Engineering, 49, 4456 - 4476
- Ding, L.,Zhu, Y.,Zhang, P.,Dong, H.,Chen, H. (2022). Multi-Class Prediction of Mineral Resources Based on Deep Learning In: IEEE Access, 10, 111463 - 111476
- Wei, T.,Zhang, P.,Dong, H.,Jin, H.,Bouguettaya, A. (2022). Mobility-Aware Proactive QoS Monitoring for Mobile Edge Computing In: Proceedings of the 20th International Conference on Service-Oriented Computing, Seville, Spain, 29 November – 2 December 2022
- Jin, H.,Zhang, P.,Dong, H.,Wei, X.,Zhu, Y.,Gu, T. (2022). Mobility-aware and Privacy-protecting QoS Optimization in Mobile Edge Networks In: IEEE Transactions on Mobile Computing, , 1 - 17
- Li, W.,Zhang, P.,Dong, H.,Jia, Y.,Co, W. (2022). RSDF-AM-LSTM: Regional Scale Division Rainfall Forecasting Using Attention and LSTM In: ACM/IMS Transactions on Data Science, 2, 1 - 27
5 PhD Completions and 1 Masters by Research Completions8 PhD Current Supervisions
- Fast and Secure Crypto Payments for E-Commerce Merchants. Funded by: Novatti Pty Ltd - CRCP from (2023 to 2026)
- A Regulatory Template Engine for Real-time Constraint Enforcement in Decentralised Finance Platforms - Digital Finance CRC (DFCRC) Industrial PhD Scholarship (PhD candidate: Chanuka Lalinda Wijayakoon). Funded by: Digital Finance CRC Limited - Scholarship from (2022 to 2025)
- Adaptive and Ubiquitous Trust Framework for Internet of Things interactions (Led by The University of Sydney). Funded by: ARC Discovery Projects commencing in 2022 from (2022 to 2024)
- Spatio -Temporal Composition of Sensor Cloud Services (Administered by Qatar University). Funded by: Qatar National Research Fund - Grant 2016 from (2016 to 2020)