Dr Hai Dong is the leader of Smart Sensing and Services Research Area, the deputy director and co-founder of CloudTech-RMIT Green Cryptocurrency Joint Research Laboratory (GreenCryptoLab), and a member of RMIT Centre for Cyber Security Research and Innovation (CCSRI).
He published a monograph and 120+ research articles (70+ CORE-A*/A/SJR Top-10%) in international journals and conferences, including CACM, CSUR, JCSS, TIE, TII, TMC, TSC, TSE, ASE, ICSOC, ICWS, etc. He received the Best Research Paper Award in ICSOC 2016 and the 2023 RMIT Award for Research Engagement and Impact - Industry Engagement in Graduate Research.
He obtained 5 million+ research funding from government (including ARC, CRC, CRC-P, and QNRF) and industry as a chief investigator. He currently serves as a chair for the IEEE Computational Intelligence Society Task Force on Deep Edge Intelligence. He served in the organising/program committees of 80+ international conferences, including ICDM, ICSOC, ICWS, etc. He was invited to review for 50+ international journals, such as CSUR, TKDE, TOIT, TSC, etc. His primary research interests include: Service-Oriented Computing, Edge Intelligence, Blockchain, AI Security, Cyber Security, Data Science, etc. He is a senior member of the IEEE and a member of the ACM.
- Abeysekara, G.,Dong, H.,Qin, A. (2023). Data-driven Trust Prediction in Mobile Edge Computing-based IoT Systems In: IEEE Transactions on Services Computing, 16, 246 - 260
- Jin, H.,Zhang, P.,Dong, H.,Zhu, Y.,Bouguettaya, A. (2023). Privacy-Aware Forecasting of Quality of Service in Mobile Edge Computing In: IEEE Transactions on Services Computing, 16, 478 - 492
- Chu, H.,Zhang, P.,Dong, H.,Xiao, Y.,Ji, S.,Li, W. (2023). A survey on smart contract vulnerabilities: Data sources, detection and repair In: Information and Software Technology, 159, 1 - 17
- Abeysekara, G.,Dong, H.,Qin, A. (2023). Edge Intelligence for Real-Time IoT Service Trust Prediction In: IEEE Transactions on Services Computing, , 1 - 14
- Cai, H.,Zhang, P.,Dong, H.,Grunske, L.,Ji, S.,Yuan, T. (2023). Adversarial example-based test case generation for black-box speech recognition systems In: Software Testing Verification and Reliability, , 1 - 21
- Zhang, P.,Yu, Q.,Xiao, Y.,Dong, H.,Luo, X.,Wang, X.,Zhang, M. (2023). BiAn: Smart Contract Source Code Obfuscation In: IEEE Transactions on Software Engineering, 49, 4456 - 4476
- Ding, L.,Zhu, Y.,Zhang, P.,Dong, H.,Chen, H. (2022). Multi-Class Prediction of Mineral Resources Based on Deep Learning In: IEEE Access, 10, 111463 - 111476
- Wei, T.,Zhang, P.,Dong, H.,Jin, H.,Bouguettaya, A. (2022). Mobility-Aware Proactive QoS Monitoring for Mobile Edge Computing In: Proceedings of the 20th International Conference on Service-Oriented Computing, Seville, Spain, 29 November – 2 December 2022
- Jin, H.,Zhang, P.,Dong, H.,Wei, X.,Zhu, Y.,Gu, T. (2022). Mobility-aware and Privacy-protecting QoS Optimization in Mobile Edge Networks In: IEEE Transactions on Mobile Computing, , 1 - 17
- Li, W.,Zhang, P.,Dong, H.,Jia, Y.,Co, W. (2022). RSDF-AM-LSTM: Regional Scale Division Rainfall Forecasting Using Attention and LSTM In: ACM/IMS Transactions on Data Science, 2, 1 - 27
5 PhD Completions and 1 Masters by Research Completions8 PhD Current Supervisions
- Fast and Secure Crypto Payments for E-Commerce Merchants. Funded by: Novatti Pty Ltd - CRCP from (2023 to 2026)
- A Regulatory Template Engine for Real-time Constraint Enforcement in Decentralised Finance Platforms - Digital Finance CRC (DFCRC) Industrial PhD Scholarship (PhD candidate: Chanuka Lalinda Wijayakoon). Funded by: Digital Finance CRC Limited - Scholarship from (2022 to 2025)
- Adaptive and Ubiquitous Trust Framework for Internet of Things interactions (Led by The University of Sydney). Funded by: ARC Discovery Projects commencing in 2022 from (2022 to 2025)
- Spatio -Temporal Composition of Sensor Cloud Services (Administered by Qatar University). Funded by: Qatar National Research Fund - Grant 2016 from (2016 to 2020)