Katrin’s research focuses on Occupational Health, stress prevention, psychosocial work aspects and mental wellbeing.
Katrin's research activities are primarily in the field of Occupational Health and Safety, with a focus on mental wellbeing, social support, and stress. Other areas of focus include Human Resource Management (HRM), with a particular focus on factors associated with teamwork and cultural diversity at the workplace.
Katrin was awarded with scholarships during her Masters and PhD, as well as industry focused research grants. Katrin actively presents her research at international conferences.
- Mental health
- Stress prevention
- Cultural diversity in work teams
- Health and safety
- Social support and leadership
- Mental wellbeing, mental health, stress, teamwork, digital health, technology induced stress, organisational psychology
Doctorate in Economics (Dr. rer. pol),
University of Bayreuth (Germany), 2018
Master of Arts (Major Management & Human Resources),
University of Lüneburg (Germany), 2011 (1st Class Honour)
Bachelor of Arts (Major Human Resource Management & Law),
University of Applied Science Osnabrück (Germany), 2008 (1st Class Honour)
- Leifels, K.,Zhang, R. (2023). Cultural diversity in work teams and wellbeing impairments: A stress perspective In: International Journal of Cross Cultural Management, 23, 367 - 387
- Leifels, K.,Turner, M. (2022). Cultural intelligence – an essential competency in the globalised world In: International Journal of Globalisation and Small Business, 13, 211 - 227
- Leifels, K.,Bowen, P. (2021). The dark side of teamwork–the relationship between social stressors, social resources and team member well-being in monocultural and multicultural work teams In: Cross Cultural & Strategic Management, 28, 867 - 893
- Leifels, K. (2020). A quantitative analysis of the perception of social stressors and their effects among members of culturally diverse work teams In: Journal of Cultural Diversity, 27, 65 - 68
- Leifels, K. (2019). Stressoren und Ressourcen in der interkulturellen Teamarbeit [Stressors and resources in intercultural Teamwork], Springer Gabler, Wiesbaden, Germany
- Lingard, H.,Leifels, K.,Rahnama, S.,Fletcher, H.,Harley, J. (2019). Applying the Hierarchy of Control to Occupational Health Risks in Construction: Barriers to Effective Decision-Making In: Transport NSW Melbourne, Australia
- Leifels, K.,Lingard, H. (2019). Prevention of occupational diseases – an overview of different controls during tunnelling activities In: CIB World Building Congress 2019, Hong Kong, China, 17-21 June 2019
- Rahmani, F.,Leifels, K. (2018). Abductive Grounded Theory: a worked example of a study in construction management In: Construction Management and Economics, 36, 565 - 583