Dr. Annie Liang has more than 14 years of teaching and research experiences, and has been working in China, France, and Australia. Her research expertise include Air Traffic Management (ATM), trajectory-based operation (TBO), machine learning and big data for trajectory analysis and prediction, with application to autonomous ATM/UTM system, and Advanced Air Mobility (AAM). She holds a Civil area control license (China) and she is a Member of the Royal Aeronautical Society, AIAA (American Institute of Aeronautics and Astronautics) and IEEE (Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers).
1) Academic engagement
- 2018 - now, Peer review for journals: Transportation Research Part C,E, Journal of Aircraft, European Journal of Operational Research, Journal of Aerospace Information Systems, Journal of Advanced Transportation etc.
- 2020, Visiting Scientist at Nanyang Technological University, ATMRI, Singapore
- 2019, Invited keynote speaker in SITRAER XVIII – Air Transportation Symposium, Brazil - "Application of AI and Machine learning to Automated Aircraft Sequencing and Merging in TMA"
2) Industry engagement
- 2021 Supporting South Australian based start-up to develop optimization tools for UTM management
- 2019 Supporting South Australia based start-up to use Block-chain to securely track and identify drones
- 2019 Supporting South Australia based company to develop an advanced manufacturing solution for global aircraft maintenance service
- 2018 Supporting France based start-up to develop global weather data solution for aviation operation
- Two patents about Point Merge System (PMS): CN106485954B,CN105759630B.
- 2021, UniSA Early Career Innovation Grants – "Remote air traffic control (ATC) simulation tutoring assistant tool (E-tutoring)"
- Intelligent air traffic management, Unmanned traffic management
- Safety centered advanced air mobility, Smart urban air mobility
- Sustainable aviation and environment
- Ph.D., Aeronautics-Astronautics Doctoral School (EDAA), University of Toulouse III Paul Sabatier, France, 2018
- Master of Engineering, French Civil Aviation University (ENAC), France, 2006
- Bachelor of Engineering, Civil Aviation University of China (CAUC), China, 2004
- Senior lecturer, RMIT university, Australia, 2021.08-now
- Lecturer, University of South Australia, Australia, 2018-2021
- Ph.D. researcher, French Civil Aviation University (ENAC), France, 2015-2018
- Assistant professor, Civil Aviation University of China (CAUC), China, 2006-2014
- Yuan, L.,Liang, M.,Xie, Y. (2020). Change-Oriented Risk Management in Civil Aviation Operation: A Case Study in China Air Navigation Service Provider In: Journal of Advanced Transportation, 2020, 1 - 8
- Wang, Z.,Liang, M.,Delahaye, D. (2020). Automated data-driven prediction on aircraft Estimated Time of Arrival In: Journal of Air Transport Management, 88, 1 - 14
- Wang, Z.,Liang, M.,Delahaye, D. (2018). A hybrid machine learning model for short-term estimated time of arrival prediction in terminal manoeuvring area In: Transportation Research Part C: Emerging Technologies, 95, 280 - 294
- Liang, M.,Delahaye, D.,Marechal, P. (2018). Conflict-free arrival and departure trajectory planning for parallel runway with advanced point-merge system In: Transportation Research Part C: Emerging Technologies, 95, 207 - 227
- Liang, M.,Delahaye, D.,Marecha, P. (2017). Integrated sequencing and merging aircraft to parallel runways with automated conflict resolution and advanced avionics capabilities In: Transportation Research Part C: Emerging Technologies, 85, 268 - 291
3 PhD Current Supervisions and 1 Masters by Research Current Supervisions