Emeritus Professor Felicity Roddick has 26 years experience in the treatment of water and wastewater by various means including physical, chemical and biological processes.
She established the Water: Effective Technologies and Tools (WETT) Research Centre in 2011 and served as Director until 2016 after having undertaken many administrative roles at College and School level including Associate Dean (R&I) for the College of Science Engineering and Health, and foundation Head of the School of Civil, Environmental and Chemical Engineering. The WETT Centre won the RMIT Research Excellence – Team Award in 2013. She was appointed Emeritus Professor in 2017.
She was a researcher with the CRC for Water Quality and Treatment since its inception in 1995, and now its successor organization, Water Research Australia, and she served as Chairman of the Education Committees of both until recently. Recent awards include the RMIT Research Excellence- Leadership Award for 2013, the Ralph McIntosh Medal for outstanding service to HDR students in 2014, the Vice-Chancellor's Award for Supervision Excellence in 2016, and a Special Commendation for Excellence in Graduate Research Supervision from the Australian Council of Graduate Research in 2017.
Emeritus Professor Roddick's main research interests are the characterisation and removal of organic matter from potable and waste water, with a particular interest in advanced oxidation, membrane treatment and algal processes and their application to water reclamation and resource recovery.
She is a Fellow of the Institution of Engineers, the Institution of Chemical Engineers and the Environment Institute of Australia and New Zealand, as well as a member of the Australian Water Association and the International Water Association.
- DEng (RMIT University)
- MAppSc in Environmental Engineering (University of Melbourne)
- BAppSc (Applied Biology) with Distinction (RMIT)
- FRMIT- Fellowship Diploma in Applied Biology
- Moazzem, S.,Wills, J.,Fan, L.,Roddick, F.,Jegatheesan, V. (2018). (In Press) Performance of ceramic ultrafiltration and reverse osmosis membranes in treating car wash wastewater for reuse In: Environmental Science and Pollution Research, , 1 - 15
- Pramanik, B.,Gao, Y.,Fan, L.,Roddick, F.,Liu, Z. (2017). Antiscaling effect of polyaspartic acid and its derivative for RO membranes used for saline wastewater and brackish water desalination In: Desalination, 404, 224 - 229
- Pereira Miranda, A.,Ramkumar, N.,Andriotis, C.,Holtkemeier, T.,Yasmin, A.,Rochfort, S.,Wlodkowic, D.,Roddick, F.,Morrison, P.,Spangenberg, G.,Lai, B.,Sanjukta, S.,Mouradov, A. (2017). Applications of microalgal biofilms for wastewater treatment and bioenergy production In: Biotechnology for Biofuels, 10, 1 - 23
- Wang, Y.,Roddick, F.,Fan, L. (2017). (In Press) Direct and indirect photolysis of seven micropollutants in secondary effluent from a wastewater lagoon In: Chemosphere, , 1 - 46
- Jegatheesan, V.,Dockko, S.,Lee, S.,Shu, L.,Roddick, F.,Akbarzadeh, A. (2017). Transforming membrane technologies as appropriate technologies through cost-effective enhancements In: Desalination and Water Treatment, 73, 256 - 261
- Pramanik, B.,Roddick, F.,Fan, L. (2017). (In Press) Impact of biological activated carbon pre-treatment on the hydrophilic fraction of effluent organic matter for mitigating fouling in microfiltration In: Environmental Technology, , 1 - 8
- Pramanik, B.,Roddick, F.,Fan, L. (2017). (In Press) Biofiltration of feedwater to control organic fouling of low pressure membranes In: Critical Reviews in Environmental Science and Technology, , 1 - 28
- Myat, D.,Roddick, F.,Puspita, P.,Skillman, L.,Charrois, J.,Kristiana, I.,Uhl, W.,Vasyukova, E.,Roeszler, G.,Chan, A.,Zhu, B.,Muthukumaran, S.,Gray, S.,Duke, M. (2017). Effect of oxidation with coagulation and ceramic microfiltration pre-treatment on reverse osmosis for desalination of recycled wastewater In: Desalination, , 1 - 13
- Ravishankar, H.,Wang, J.,Shu, L.,Roddick, F.,Jegatheesan, V. (2016). Sustainable mining operations and the prospective role of membrane bio-reactor in mine water management In: Proceedings of the 2016 Australian Water Association Conference (Ozwater '16), Melbourne, Australia, 10-12 May 2016
- Liyanaarachchi, S.,Roddick, F.,Muthukumaran, S.,Shu, L.,Jegatheesan, V. (2016). A novel approach for waste management in desalination In: Proceedings of the 2016 Australian Water Association Conference (Ozwater '16), Melbourne, Australia, 10-12 May 2016
- Destruction of toxicity and reduction of the organic content of municipal wastewater reverse osmosis concentrate. Funded by: Smart Water Fund (2012-2016)
- Protozoan mimics: Cryptosporidium surrogates for validation of granular media filtration. Funded by: Water Research Australia Grants from (2014 to 2016)
- An assessment methodology for screening wastewater streams causing reduction of UVT. Funded by: Water Research Australia (2014-2016)
- A novel approach to quantify indirect ingestion of recycled water - improving the evidence base for water guidelines. Funded by: Water Quality Research Australia (WQRA) from (2012 to 2013)
- Particles, pathogens and micropollutants. Funded by: Australian Water Recycling - Centre of Excellence from (2013 to 2014)
15 PhD Completions and 11 Masters by Research Completions4 PhD Current Supervisions and 2 Masters by Research Current Supervisions