International students enrolment guide
To enrol, you need your program code and student number - this information is in your RMIT offer letter and CoE.
You must complete your enrolment yourself - proxy enrolment (someone else enrolling on your behalf) is not permitted.
This step applies to vocational education students only. If you are enrolling into a Diploma of Commerce, Associate Degree or degree program, you do not need to create a USI - go to Step 3.
It is an Australian Government requirement that you have a USI to enrol in a vocational education program. The USI is a reference number that will give you access to an online record of all of your recognised training and qualifications.
How to create your USI
1. You need at least one of the following forms of identification:
- passport with Australian Visa
- Certificate Of Registration By Descent
- Citizenship Certificate
- Immi Card.
2. Follow the instructions on the Australian Government website.
Record your USI, because you will need it to enrol.
RMIT holds enrolment information sessions for many programs.
Check the Enrolment information session search to find out if there is a session scheduled for your program.
If you don’t have a session, you can continue to enrol online.
1. To make enrolment as easy as possible, set yourself up for success by:
- using a desktop or laptop computer
- using one of RMIT’s preferred browsers for Enrolment Online e.g. Chrome
- enabling pop-ups in your browser settings - or you won’t be able to complete your enrolment.
2. Log in to Enrolment Online using your RMIT ID and password:
- Your RMIT ID is the letter ‘s’ followed by your student number (example: s1234567).Your student number is in your RMIT enrolment email.
- Your temporary password is the letter ‘p’ followed by your date of birth backwards and an exclamation mark (example: p19920428!).
Change your temporary password as soon as possible to make sure your student account is secure. Find out how at password assistance.
3. Select the Enrol button next to your program.
1. Select Show classes.
2. Follow the instructions to select classes for each semester.
If your classes are pre-selected for you, go to Step 3.
Vocational education students only: If you have been provided with a section code by your school, enter this in the Class section field and select Show classes.
The Status column indicates the availability of classes. These will change as you enrol. See the key below.
3. Select Add selected classes. Your class enrolments will now be displayed.
4. Select Exit EOL and check the pop-up summary of your enrolment to ensure all details are correct.
Congratulations! You are now officially an RMIT student!
- If you have technical problems with Enrolment Online or password queries, contact ITS Service and Support.
- For academic advice and information about your program and courses, contact RMIT Connect or your RMIT school if you are a College of Design and Social Context student.
- For questions about how to enrol: