Completion of this certificate will provide you with skills suitable to enhance your opportunities for apprenticeships as either an electrician or an air-conditioning and refrigeration mechanic. Both areas continue to see strong growth within Australia.
After completing your apprenticeship, you can choose to work for a company or for yourself.
Electricians install, maintain, repair, test and commission electrical and electronic equipment and systems for industrial, commercial and domestic purposes. Electricians also work on electrical transmission and distribution equipment.
Tradespeople in these fields can be employed as:
- systems electricians on domestic, residential and heavy industrial buildings
- instrument technicians on measuring, process control and scientific instruments
- electronic tradespeople providing electrical installation, repair maintenance, modification and testing of electrical/electronic systems.
Refrigeration and air-conditioning tradespeople work in a range of sector and locations including as a commercial refrigeration mechanic:
- on shipping containers
- with trucks and transportation
- with industrial installations including supermarkets and bars
- within air-conditioning firms doing domestic or industrial air flow solutions.