Strategic and inspirational executive leader with a focus on driving innovation and achieving digital transformation in the tertiary sector.
Significant track record in leading effective learning and teaching initiatives, creating strategic and sustainable relationships at institutional, national and international levels.
Significant focus on building capability in teams and individual staff and fostering an inclusive, collaborative culture.
A key focus of the role is to change the way we deliver learning and teaching by leading a team of high performing professionals who will partner with the Schools' Academic teams to build and continuously enhance interactive, digitally enabled studentcentered learning experiences that meet the needs of a diverse student audience and that provides experiences to develop future leaders.
The role will play a leadership role in transforming learning in the College through digital innovation, involving higher levels of blended and online learning across all STEMM programs. Additionally, the role is expected also to lead new product and programs developments both onshore and offshore to required quality standards and in line with policies and producers of the University.
- Company Directors Course • Australian Institute of Company Directors (2019)
- Doctor of Philosophy • Monash University (2007)
- Diploma of Education • Monash University (1994)
- Graduate Diploma of Accounting • Monash University (1992)
- Bachelor of Science (Honours) • Monash University (1987)
- Professor, Dean Learning Innovation (1 Feb 2018 – Current)
Acting Director, STEM Practice and Innovation Academy ( Oct 2019-current)
Swinburne University of Technology
- Associate Professor and Director, Education Excellence
Office of Learning and Teaching, Monash University (1 Jul 2013 - Dec 2017)
- Associate Professor and Associate Director Office Pro Vice-Chancellor (Learning and Teaching)
Monash University (November 2010 – 30 June 2013)
- Director Educational Quality, Faculty of Information Technology (Jan 2008 – November 2010)
Senior Lecturer, Faculty of Information Technology (Jan 2001 - November 2010)
1 PhD Current Supervisions
- Dang, T.,Carbone, A.,Ye, J.,Vu, T. (2022). How academics manage individual differences to team teach in higher education: a sociocultural activity theory perspective In: Higher Education, , 1 - 20
- Green, J.,Carbone, A.,Rayner, G. (2019). Employability pursuits beyond the formal curriculum: extra and co-curricular activities In: Education for Employability (Volume 1): The Employability Agenda, Brill, Leiden, United Kingdom
- Carbone, A.,Hamilton, M. (2016). Pizza with university ICT students: what do students' expect employers want from them? In: Proceedings of the Australasian Computer Science Week Multiconference, Canberra, Australia, 01-05 February 2016
- Carbone, A.,Hamilton, M.,Jollands, M. (2015). Moving Towards the Future of Teaching Pedagogies and Learning Paradigms: Understanding the 21st Century Employability Challenges in the ICT Industry In: Proceedings of the 9th International Conference on Researching Work and Learning, Singapore, 9-11 December 2015
- Hamilton, M.,Carbone, A.,Jollands, M. (2015). Learning beyond the curriculum: Academics' perspectives on ICT student employability skills In: Proceedings of the 26th Annual Conference of the Australasian Association for Engineering Education (AAEE2015), Geelong, Australia, 7-9 December 2015
- Sheard, J.,Simon, S.,Carbone, A.,D'Souza, D.,Hamilton, M. (2013). Assessment of programming: pedagogical foundations of exams In: Proceedings of the 18th ACM conference on Innovation and technology in computer science education, Canterbury, United Kingdom, 1 - 3 July 2013
- Carbone, A.,Ceddia, J.,--, S.,D'Souza, D.,Mason, R. (2013). Student concerns in introductory programming courses In: Proceedings of the 15th Australasian Computing Education Conference (ACE 2013), Adelaide, Australia, 29 January - 1 February 2013
- Sheard, J.,--, S.,Carbone, A.,Chinn, D.,Clear, T.,Corney, M.,D'Souza, D.,Fenwick, J.,Harland, J.,Laakso, M.,Teague, D. (2013). How difficult are exams? A framework for assessing the complexity of introductory programming exams In: Proceedings of the 15th Australasian Computing Education Conference (ACE 2013), Adelaide, Australia, 30 October 2013
- Halilovich, H.,Carbone, A.,Ross, B. (2013). Spaces where learning takes place: rethinking contemporary approaches to learning and teaching In: HERDSA - Research and Development in Higher Education: The Place of Learning and Teaching, 36, 175 - 186
- Simon, .,Sheard, J.,Carbone, A.,Chinn, D.,Laakso, M.,Clear, T.,De Raadt, M.,D'Souza, D.,Lister, R.,Skene, J.,Warburton, G. (2012). Introductory programming: examining the exams In: Proceedings of the 14th Australasian Computing Education Conference (ACE2012), Melbourne, Australia, 31 January - 3 February 2012