Dr Zsuzsanna Csereklyei is a Senior Lecturer in the School of Economics, Finance and Marketing at RMIT University.
Zsuzsanna Csereklyei is an economist focusing on energy transitions, electricity markets and on the adoption of efficient technologies.
Zsuzsanna's work includes publications in the Energy Journal, Energy Economics, Ecological Economics, Journal of Econometrics and Energy Policy. Her current research includes several projects in the field of energy transitions, including energy profile forecasting, electricity market design, and projects on the future role of batteries.
Zsuzsanna has taught several courses in Macroeconomics (WU Vienna, RMIT), Energy Policy, Political Economy (LMU Munich), Econometrics (RMIT) and been awarded the Award of Excellence for her thesis by the Austrian Ministry of Science and Research, given for the best dissertations in the country. She has also worked for over eight years in leading management positions in industry and in consulting.
- Energy and Resource Economics
- Environmental Economics
- Energy Transitions, Electricity Markets
- Energy Systems
- Economics of Asteroid Mining
- Say, K.,Csereklyei, Z.,Brown, F.,Wang, C. (2023). The economics of public transport electrification: A case study from Victoria, Australia In: Energy Economics, 120, 1 - 19
- Csereklyei, Z.,Manchester, J.,Ancev, T. (2023). Coal generator revenues and the rise of renewable generation: Evidence from Australia's national electricity market In: Energy Policy, 178, 1 - 17
- Moradi Amani, A.,Csereklyei, Z.,Dwyer, S.,Bai, F.,Dargaville, R.,De Jong, P.,Hargroves, C.,Jalili, M.,Lu, J.,Meegahapola, L.,Nagrath, K.,SAJJADI, S. (2023). My V2X EV: Informing strategic electric vehicle integration In: RACE for 2030 (CRC) Melbourne, Asutralia
- Rajakaruna, N.,Ghosh, A.,Pashajavid, E.,et al, .,Kallies, A.,Wilkinson, R.,Csereklyei, Z.,Teixeira, C. (2023). Local DER Network Solutions. In: RACE for 2030 CRC Melbourne, Australia
- Venkataraman, M.,Csereklyei, Z.,Aisbett, E.,Rahbari, A.,Jotzo, F.,Lord, M.,Pye, J. (2022). Zero-carbon steel production: The opportunities and role for Australia In: Energy Policy, 163, 1 - 11
- Yanotti, M.,Banks, M.,De Silva, A.,Anantharama, N.,Whiteford, P.,Bowman, D.,Csereklyei, Z. (2021). The utility of new data in understanding housing insecurity In: AHURI Final Report, , 1 - 56
- Csereklyei, Z.,Qu, S.,Ancev, T. (2021). Are electricity system outages and the generation mix related? Evidence from NSW, Australia In: Energy Economics, 99, 1 - 11
- Csereklyei, Z.,Anantharama, N.,Kallies, A. (2021). Electricity market transitions in Australia: Evidence using model-based clustering In: Energy Economics, 103, 1 - 21
- Csereklyei, Z.,Kallies, A.,Diaz Valdivia, C. (2021). The status of and opportunities for utility-scale battery storage in Australia: A regulatory and market perspective In: Utilities Policy, 73, 1 - 12
- Csereklyei, Z.,Stern, D. (2020). Flying More Efficiently: Joint Impacts of Fuel Prices, Capital Costs and Fleet Size on Airline Fleet Fuel Economy In: Ecological Economics, 175, 1 - 14
1 PhD Completions
- United States Department of Energy (DOE), Energy Information Administration: invited department speaker on Energy Modelling, October 2015, Washington DC, USA.
- Watts Radio (USA), Interview on Energy Transitions
- Opportunity Assessment: N3 Local DER network Solutions. Funded by: Race for 2030 CRC Limited - Contract from (2022 to 2022)
- Supporting the Electrification of Victoria’s Future Fleet (VHESIF Pool 2). Funded by: Victorian Higher Education State Investment Fund (VHESIF) - Pool 2 from (2021 to 2025)
- Using real time data to understand housing insecurity. Funded by: AHURI Research Grants 2019 (CAT 1 Generic) from (2019 to 2020)