Dr Zsuzsanna Csereklyei is a Senior Lecturer in the School of Economics, Finance and Marketing at RMIT University.
Zsuzsanna Csereklyei is an economist focusing on energy transitions, electricity markets and on the adoption of efficient technologies.
Zsuzsanna's work includes publications in the Energy Journal, Energy Economics, Ecological Economics, Journal of Econometrics and Energy Policy. Her current research includes several projects in the field of energy transitions, including energy profile forecasting, electricity market design, and projects on the future role of batteries.
Zsuzsanna has taught several courses in Macroeconomics (WU Vienna, RMIT), Energy Policy, Political Economy (LMU Munich), Econometrics (RMIT) and been awarded the Award of Excellence for her thesis by the Austrian Ministry of Science and Research, given for the best dissertations in the country. She has also worked for over eight years in leading management positions in industry and in consulting.
- Energy and Resource Economics
- Environmental Economics
- Energy Transitions, Electricity Markets
- Energy Systems
- Economics of Asteroid Mining
- Bruns, S.,Csereklyei, Z.,Stern, D. (2020). A multicointegration model of global climate change In: Journal of Econometrics, 214, 175 - 197
- Csereklyei, Z. (2020). Price and income elasticities of residential and industrial electricity demand in the European Union In: Energy Policy, 137, 1 - 12
- Csereklyei, Z.,Stern, D. (2020). Flying More Efficiently: Joint Impacts of Fuel Prices, Capital Costs and Fleet Size on Airline Fleet Fuel Economy In: Ecological Economics, 175, 1 - 14
- Csereklyei, Z.,Qu, S.,Ancev, T. (2019). The effect of wind and solar power generation on wholesale electricity prices in Australia In: Energy Policy, 131, 358 - 369
- Csereklyei, Z.,Stern, D. (2018). Technology Choices in the U.S. Electricity Industry before and after Market Restructuring In: The Energy Journal, 39, 157 - 182
- Csereklyei, Z.,Thurner, P.,Langer, J.,K�chenhoff, H. (2017). Energy paths in the European Union: A model-based clustering approach In: Energy Economics, 65, 442 - 457
- Burke, P.,Csereklyei, Z. (2016). Understanding the energy-GDP elasticity: A sectoral approach In: Energy Economics, 58, 199 - 210
- Csereklyei, Z.,Rubio-Varas, M.,Stern, D. (2016). Energy and economic growth: The stylized facts In: Energy Journal, 37, 223 - 255
- Csereklyei, Z.,Thurner, P.,Bauer, A.,Kuchenhoff, H. (2016). The effect of economic growth, oil prices, and the benefits of reactor standardization: Duration of nuclear power plant construction revisited In: Energy Policy, 91, 49 - 59
- Csereklyei, Z.,Stern, D. (2015). Global energy use: Decoupling or convergence? In: Energy Economics, 51, 633 - 641
1 PhD Current Supervisions
- United States Department of Energy (DOE), Energy Information Administration: invited department speaker on Energy Modelling, October 2015, Washington DC, USA.
- Watts Radio (USA), Interview on Energy Transitions
- Using real time data to understand housing insecurity. Funded by: AHURI Research Grants 2019 (CAT 1 Generic) from (2019 to 2020)