Dr Lucy Lunevich is a Senior Lecturer and Program Manager of Master of Engineering Management program at the School of Engineering.
Lucy Lunevich’s research interest focuses on complex evolving systems including economics, social ecology, environmental systems, adaptive environmental management, climate change and disaster management. She’s the author of book “Disaster and Emergency Planning for Preparedness, Response, and Recovery: Promoting Resilient Infrastructure and Community”. The book written for water, wastewater, electric, and gas utility managers, cyber security engineers, operators, consulting engineers, emergency response planners and professionals, public officials, this publication addresses the key elements if emergency planning, including regulatory requirements and how to recover from resulting emergencies and build on resilience of community and develop new standards for infrastructure.
She has also been recognised as a scholar in critical digital pedagogy and published book “Creativity in Teaching and Teaching for Creativity: Modern Practices in the Digital Era”. Creativity in Teaching and Teaching for Creativity: Modern Practices in the Digital Era approaches human intelligence as a universal gift. It emphasizes that the creativity of human beings is not only a natural quality, but one that can be enhanced as a result of learning. The book suggests new teaching models and approaches and discusses how the role of teachers in the classroom has fundamentally changed, emphasizing the emotional connection between students and teachers.
Prior to life in academia, Dr Lunevich was a principle environmental consultant, worked for the major international consultancies to global resource sector, and founded three Start-Ups in Europe. Her research also focuses on business model innovations, leadership, strategic alliances encompassing businesses at higher productivity level, rapid shift into digital economy. She is a passionate advocate for the role of high education, research and innovation in creating economic prosperity and for improving people's lives through education and training, innovation and environmental awareness.
Dr Lunevich is an active researcher with interests in the area of complex evolving systems. She has been an author of over 50 publications, including invited four book chapters, 2 books, over 12 refereed journal papers, 12 industry reports.
Dr Lunevich is a Fellow of the Australian Institute of Company Directors (2018; FAICD), a Fellow of the Royal Australian Chemical Institute (2008; FRACI).
- Lunevich, L.,Wadaani, M. (2022). Creativity in Teaching and Teaching for Creativity: Modern Practices in the Digital Era in Engineering, CRC Press Taylor & Francis Group , Florida, US
- Sharif Zadeh, A.,Dabnichki, P.,Lunevich, L. (2022). Analysis of Business Practice and Opportunities in the Construction Industry of UAE in Comparison to Gulf In: Human Centred Intelligent Systems, Springer, Singapore
- Sharif Zadeh, A.,Dabnichki, P.,Lunevich, L. (2022). Role of Construction Industry in the Economic Transition Across the United Arab Emirates In: Human Centred Intelligent Systems, Springer, Singapore
- Lunevich, L. (2022). Critical Digital Pedagogy: Alternative Ways of Being and Educating, Connected Knowledge and Connective Learning In: Creative Education, 13, 1884 - 1896
- Lunevich, L. (2021). Creativity in Teaching and Teaching for Creativity in Engineering and Science in Higher Education—Revisiting Vygotsky’s Psychology of Art In: Creative Education, 12 , 1445 - 1457
- Lunevich, L. (2021). Critical Digital Pedagogy and Innovative Model, Revisiting Plato and Kant: An Environmental Approach to Teaching in the Digital Era In: Creative Education, 12, 2011 - 2024
- Lunevich, L. (2019). Aqueous Silica and Silica Polimerization In: Desalination - Challenges and Opportunities, IntechOpen, London, UK
- Lunevich, L.,Sanciolo, P.,Milne, N.,Gray, S. (2017). Silica fouling in coal seam gas water reverse osmosis desalination In: Environmental Science: Water Research and Technology, 3, 911 - 921
- Lunevich, L.,Sanciolo, P.,Dumee, L.,Gray, S. (2016). Silica fouling in high salinity waters in reverse osmosis desalination (sodium-silica system) In: Environmental Science: Water Research and Technology, 2, 539 - 548
- Lunevich, L.,Sanciolo, P.,Smallridge, A.,Gray, S. (2016). Silica scale formation and effect of sodium and aluminium ions -29Si NMR study In: Environmental Science: Water Research and Technology, 2, 174 - 185
2 PhD Current Supervisions