A step-by-step guide for international students on how to apply to study at RMIT.
Applying for a research degree?
If you want to apply for a research program, follow this process and apply here instead.
Step 1: Find a program
You can also use the Programs, intakes and tuition fees database to search for programs.
Step 2: Check the entry requirements
Check that you qualify for the program's entry requirements including:
- English language requirements
- academic entry requirement (see equivalent entry requirements by country)
- selection tasks.
If you don’t meet the entry requirements for your preferred program, you can consider a range of programs that may provide pathways to your preferred program.
If you are currently studying an Australian Year 12 (in Australia or overseas) or International Baccalaureate (in Australia or New Zealand) and applying for a Bachelor, Associate or Honours degree, you will need to apply via VTAC. You should check the VTAC entry requirements.
Step 3: Collect required documents
To avoid delays in admission processing, submit a complete set of supporting documents including:
- certified copies of academic transcripts (not required for current RMIT students applying to another RMIT program)
- certified copies of all graduation certificates in both the original language and English (not required for current RMIT students applying to another RMIT program)
- evidence of English language proficiency (not required for current RMIT students applying to another RMIT program)
- any documentation relating to selection tasks (pre-selection kits, folios etc.)
- CV, work reference letter, referee report etc if applicable
Please note that documents submitted will not be returned.
Step 4: Submit your application
Submit your application online with all the required documents.
Students completing an Australian Year 12 (in Australia or overseas), or the International Baccalaureate (in Australia or New Zealand)
- Apply for Higher Education programs (Bachelor, Associate Degree and Honours) through the Victorian Tertiary Admissions Centre (VTAC).
Apply now via VTAC
- Apply for Vocational Education programs (Foundation Studies, ELICOS, VCE, Certificate IV, Diploma and Advanced Diplomas) via the online application system for international students.
Studying fully online
- If your program is delivered fully online, use the online application system for local students and follow the local student application process. Note: fully online programs do not qualify for an Australian Student Visa.
Apply now via Admissions
All other international students
- If you are applying for on-campus study in a coursework program use the online application system for international students.
You will need to pay an application fee if you are from one of these countries classified as high risk.
Your application will be assessed in line with RMIT’s policies and procedures. If you are successful, you will receive an offer letter. You can then accept your offer by following the instructions in your offer letter.
RMIT will normally advise you on the outcome of your application within 10 business days. If you are applying from Australia you should hear within 24 hours. If you don't hear back within the time frame above please contact Admissions Helpdesk.
If you are applying via VTAC check the VTAC website for important dates.