Zahir's research focuses on security aspects, and more specifically on intrusion detection in critical systems, as well as on the performance/scalability of large-scale systems (i.e., Cloud/IoT/Edge).
He is also the Research Director of the RMIT Centre of Cyber Security Research and Innovation (CCSRI), aiming to bring together RMIT security experts across various disciplines to tackle the even complex security challenges Australia will be facing in the next decades.
- PhD in Computer Science, University of Grenoble, France.
- Masters in Operational Research, University of Grenoble, France.
- Bachelor (Honours) in Operational Research, Universty of Algiers (USTHB), Algeria.
- Anwar, A.,Mahmood, A.,Ray, B.,Mahmud, M.,Tari, Z. (2020). Machine learning to ensure data integrity in power system topological network database In: Electronics, 9, 1 - 17
- Alabdulatif, A.,Khalil, I.,Zomaya, A.,Tari, Z.,Yi, X. (2020). Fully Homomorphic based Privacy-Preserving Distributed Expectation Maximization on Cloud In: IEEE Transactions on Parallel and Distributed Systems, 31, 2668 - 2681
- Sohrabi, N.,Tari, Z. (2020). ZyConChain: A Scalable Blockchain for General Applications In: IEEE Access, 8, 158893 - 158910
- Alsaedi, A.,Moustafa, N.,Tari, Z.,Mahmood, A.,Anwar, A. (2020). (In Press) TON_IoT Telemetry Dataset: A New Generation Dataset of IoT and IIoT for Data-Driven Intrusion Detection Systems In: IEEE Access, 8, 165130 - 165150
- Tari, Z.,Fahad, A.,Almalawi, A.,Yi, X. (2020). Network classification for traffic management : anomaly detection, feature selection, clustering and classification, Institution of Engineering and Technology, United Kingdom
- Sohrabi, N.,Yi, X.,Tari, Z.,Khalil, I. (2020). BACC: Blockchain-Based Access Control For Cloud Data In: Proceedings of the Australasian Computer Science Week (ACSW 2020), Melbourne, Australia, 4-6 February 2020
- Zhang, S.,Li, W.,Wang, C.,Tari, Z.,Zomaya, A. (2020). DyBatch: Efficient Batching and Fair Scheduling for Deep Learning Inference on Time-sharing Devices In: Proceedings of the 20th IEEE/ACM International Symposium on Cluster, Cloud and Internet Computing (CCGRID 2020), Melbourne, Australia, 11-14 May 2020
- HoseinyFarahabady, M.,Jannesari, A.,Taheri, J.,Bao, W.,Zomaya, A.,Tari, Z. (2020). Q-Flink: A QoS-Aware Controller for Apache Flink In: Proceedings of the 20th IEEE/ACM International Symposium on Cluster, Cloud and Internet Computing (CCGRID 2020), Melbourne, Australia, 11-14 May 2020
- Sohrabi, N.,Tari, Z. (2020). On The Scalability of Blockchain Systems In: Proceedings of the IEEE International Conference on Cloud Engineering (IC2E 2020), Sydney, Australia, 21-24 April 2020
- Shah, Z.,Anwar, A.,Mahmood, A.,Tari, Z.,Zomaya, A. (2020). A Spatiotemporal Data Summarization Approach for Real-Time Operation of Smart Grid In: IEEE Transactions on Big Data, 6, 624 - 637
- Resource Allocation for High-Volume Streaming Data in Data Centers. Funded by: ARC Discovery Projects 2020 from (2020 to 2023)
- Energy Informatics and Demand Response Technologies (Administered by The University of Sydney). Funded by: Australia China Science and Research Fund Grant from (2020 to 2022)
- Cloud Resource Allocation under Bursty Conditions for Heavy-Tailed Job (Administered by University of Sydney). Funded by: ARC Linkage Grant 2016 from (2016 to 2020)
- Contention-aware scheduling in cloud data centres. Administered by The University of Sydney.. Funded by: ARC Linkage Projects via Other University 2015 from (2015 to 2019)
- Energy-Efficient Computing: Expanding the Role of Scheduling in Cloud Data Centres - Administered by the University of Sydney. Funded by: ARC Linkage Projects via Other University Grant 2014 from (2015 to 2018)
27 PhD Completions and 1 Masters by Research Completions4 PhD Current Supervisions