Bambang earned his BSc in Engineering (Civil) from Colorado School of Mines in the USA, a Master degree in Civil Engineering (Construction Management) from the University of Indonesia, and a PhD in Engineering Project Management from the University of Melbourne, Australia.
He started his professional career as a Graduate Project Engineer at Hudbay Oil Malacca Strait Ltd., a Production Sharing Contractor for the Indonesian State Own Oil Company, in 1988. He was involved in oil field development projects which included the construction of access road and well site facilities, base camp, process plant, pipeline and offshore structures. He also coordinated two studies on road construction on peat ground.
Bambang started his full-time tenure at the University of Indonesia in 2001, following the completion of his PhD. In 2002 he was appointed as the Deputy Head of Civil Engineering Department and was promoted to the Head Department position in November 2004. From 2007 to 2013, he took a position as Associate Professor and the Course Leaders for Master of Project Management and Master of Infrastructure Management in the School of Civil Engineering and Built Environment, Queensland University of Technology (QUT), Australia. In August 2013, he moved to Saudi Arabia, joining King Fahd University of Petroleum and Mineral as Associate Professor in Construction Engineering and Management.
Since July 2018, Bambang started his position at RMIT University.
- Teaches postgraduate students in project management program.
- Serves as Higher Degree Research Delegate Authority (HDR DA) for the School of Property, Construction and Project Management
- PhD in Engineering (Project Management) - The University of Melbourne, Australia
- MEng in Civil Engineering (Construction Management) - University of Indonesia
- BSc in Engineering (Civil) - Colorado School of Mines, Golden, Colorado, USA
- Oil and gas industry (in Indonesia), as a project engineer and senior project engineer
- Secretary to the Advisory Board of the Indonesian National Construction Service Development Board (2002-2007)
- Member of Infrastructure Cluster Advisory Board, Australia-Indonesia Centre (2016-2018)
- Yang, J.,Zang, Y.,Yang, J.,Wakefield, R.,Nguyen, K.,Shi, L.,Trigunarsyah, B.,Parolini, F.,Bonomo, P.,Frontini, F.,Qi, D.,Ko, Y.,Deng, X. (2023). Fire safety requirements for building integrated photovoltaics (BIPV): A cross-country comparison In: Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, 173, 1 - 13
- Yunus, R.,Trigunarsyah, B.,Hamid, A.,Afandi, S.,Riazi, S. (2023). Validation of the Guidelines for Sustainable Construction of Industrialized Building System (IBS) In: Civil Engineering and Architecture, 11, 3200 - 3208
- Moohialdin, A.,Lamari, F.,Miska, M.,Trigunarsyah, B. (2023). Proximity Activity Intensity Identification System in Hot and Humid Weather Conditions: Development and Implementation In: Journal of Construction Engineering and Management, 149, 1 - 14
- Pratama, G.,Latief, Y.,Trigunarsyah, B.,Sagita Riantini, L.,Sihombing, L. (2023). Enhancing Risk Assessment in Toll Road Operations: A Hybrid Rough Delphi-Rough DEMATEL Approach In: Civil Engineering Journal, 9, 2130 - 2144
- Moohialdin, A.,Trigunarsyah, B.,Islam, M.,Siddiqui, M. (2022). Physiological impacts on construction workers under extremely hot and humid weather In: International Archives of Occupational and Environmental Health, 95, 315 - 329
- Dissanayake, N.,Xia, B.,Skitmore, M.,Trigunarsyah, B.,Menadue, V. (2022). Ranked generic criteria for EPC contractor selection In: Engineering, Construction and Architectural Management, , 1 - 22
- Hamsal, M.,Dwidienawati, D.,Ichsan, M.,Syamil, A.,Trigunarsyah, B. (2022). Multi-Perspective Approach to Building Team Resilience in Project Management—A Case Study in Indonesia In: Sustainability, 14, 1 - 22
- Willar, D.,Trigunarsyah, B.,Dewi, A.,Makalew, F. (2022). Evaluating quality management of road construction projects: a Delphi study In: TQM Journal, , 1 - 25
- Dewi, A.,Willar, D.,Trigunarsyah, B.,Makalew, F. (2022). Competence of Indonesia workforce in facing liberalization In: IOP Conference Series: Earth and Environmental Science, Volume 1101, Knowledge and Learning, Melbourne, Australia, 26-30 June 2022
- Trigunarsyah, B.,Moohialdin, A.,Islam, M. (2021). Quality Management System Framework for Construction Companies in the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia In: International Journal of Productivity and Quality Management, , 1 - 28
1 PhD Completions7 PhD Current Supervisions and 1 Masters by Research Current Supervisions