Juris Doctor Indigenous Scholarship
For Indigenous students commencing the Juris Doctor; worth up tuition fees paid per semester
Tuition fees paid per semester.
- up to a maximum of 288 enrolled credit points (including any credit exemptions) and/or
- up to the standard full-time (6 semesters) or part-time (12 semesters) duration of program
To be eligible for this scholarship you must:
- be an Australian Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander
- be an Australian citizen
- be commencing in the Juris Doctor (MC161) at RMIT
- demonstrate a commitment to Indigenous issues
- be passionate about your study and future career
- not have previously completed the same level or program or higher
- not qualify for Abstudy
- be registered with the Ngarara Willim Centre for Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander students.
Complete the online application form by the application close date. No late or impartial applications will be accepted.
Depending on your circumstances, you will need to provide different types of evidence and material to support your scholarship application. Applications without supporting documents will not be considered.
Please visit Supporting Your Application for more information.
It is expected that the online application will take approximately thirty minutes to complete. The main application questions are listed below to allow you time to prepare your answers in advance prior to starting the online application.
- Discuss your passion for studying in your chosen field, including the steps you have taken to achieve your educational goals.
- What are your future plans and career aspirations?
- How do you intend to use this scholarship and how will it assist you to achieve academic success?
- Discuss your commitment to Indigenous issues.
- Discuss any difficult circumstances you have faced that have affected your education.
Find out more about applying for scholarships.
Funded by the School of Graduate Business and Law, the Juris Doctor Indigenous Scholarship has been established to support students achieve their educational dreams.
Note You will need to present your invoice to your school's finance office each semester to organise the payment of your fees.
Notice to applicants
The scholarship application process is highly competitive with a limited number of scholarships available. Unfortunately, not all eligible applicants will receive one.
Only successful candidates will be notified via email to their RMIT student account.