The VCPS provides the following benefits to recipients:
- a stipend of $45,076 per annum pro rata (full-time study) which represents a generous RMIT top-up of approximately $15,000 above the RTP rate
- a research support allowance of $5,000 per annum to support research activities
- International candidates in receipt of this scholarship are also awarded an RMIT Research International Tuition Fee Scholarship (RRITFS)
- All local candidates, Australian and New Zealand citizens or permanent residents of Australia are provided with an RTP Fee Offset scholarship. Applicants in receipt of an RTP Fee Offset scholarship are not required to pay tuition fees for the maximum duration of their candidature
- a relocation allowance for the cost of relocating in order to take up their postgraduate research program, up to $515 per adult and $255 per child to a maximum of $1,540
- paid sick, maternity and parenting leave (within the limits of the Scholarship Terms and Conditions).
- if you are an international candidate, you will also receive the cost of an Overseas Student Health Cover (OSHC) policy for your visa duration.
The duration of a Vice Chancellor’s PhD Scholarship is three and a half years full-time. This will be reduced by any periods of study undertaken towards an equivalent research degree prior to the commencement of the program at RMIT University.