Parking at Melbourne City campus
Car, motorcycle, and bicycle parking
RMIT’s commercial car park in Building 91 (110 Victoria Street) is independently managed by GreenCo. RMIT staff and students are entitled to a reduced parking rate for ongoing parking arrangements and should contact GreenCo by email email@example.com or phone 1300 734 959 to organise an ongoing parking arrangement.
If you prefer the flexibility of street parking, the City of Melbourne offers more than 3000 parking bays throughout the central business district. Please be aware that these parking bays are subject to enforced parking restrictions.
Motorcycle parking is now available for RMIT students and staff in Building 91 car park on City campus (110 Victoria Street). The car park is open from 6am to 10pm.
Approximately 50 bays have been allocated across all levels of the car park. For bay locations, please see the Building 91 car park map (PDF, 1.6mb, 9p) – bays are indicated by green shading within the map.
No fee will be charged, but in order to use the car park, motorcycle users will need to register for a permit via the Easypark system.
How to register
- Register online with EasyPark using your RMIT email address. You will need to create a new password that is eight characters long (this includes one capital letter and one number).
- Provide your address and contact details.
- Under ‘Apply for permits’ enter your vehicle registration number and continue.
- Below you should find parking permit options available to you. Select the permit you require - either ‘Annual Student and Staff Motorcycle Permit’ or ‘Bi-Annual Student and Staff Motorcycle Permit’
- Once you accept the terms and conditions and select ‘apply’, your permit is active.
If you cycle to campus secure bike parking facilities are available at the following locations:
- Building 51 basement car park, 80-92 Victoria Street, Carlton (with showers and changing rooms).
- Building 80 (Swanston Academic Building), Level 1, 445 Swanston Street, Melbourne (with showers, changing rooms and lockers).
- Building 100 (Design Hub), Basement, 150 Victoria Street.
To gain access to these facilities using your student card complete the Bike Cage Security form (PDF 22kb, 1p) and submit it to firstname.lastname@example.org or visit RMIT Security reception in Building 14, Level 3 (entrance on Franklin Street).
Important: bikes are not allowed inside RMIT buildings except to access bike parking facilities. During this transit cyclists must dismount.
Students with disabilities
Staff and students are required to observe parking regulations on campus and are likely to be issued a Parking Infringement Notice (PIN) / Fine if they breach parking regulations.
The current costs of parking fines are as follows:
- Band 1 2015/16 Parking Fine: $30
- Band 2 2015/16 Parking Fine: $89
- Band 3 2015/16 Parking Fine $148
The cost of parking permits and the fines for parking without a permit are RMIT-approved student fees. Failure to purchase a permit or pay a parking fine will have the same consequences as not paying any other student fee.
Lost or stolen permits
Replacement of lost or stolen permits will attract the full fee.
- There is no refund available for lost or stolen parking permits.
- Lost or stolen permits can only be replaced free of charge if evidence in the form of a police report or insurance claim form is provided. Otherwise, the permit will only be replaced if an additional fee is paid.