Parking at Melbourne City campus
Car, motorcycle, and bicycle parking
RMIT’s commercial car park in Building 91 (110 Victoria Street) is independently managed by GreenCo.
RMIT Students and staff are eligible for significant parking discounts from 1 February 2018 as provided below:
|Hours||RMIT Rate||Public Rate|
|0 mins - 1 hr||$6.00||$12.00|
|1 - 2 hrs||$10.00||$20.00|
|2 - 3 hrs||$14.00||$28.00|
|3 - 4 hrs||$18.00||$32.00|
|4 - 5 hrs||$20.00||$40.00|
|5 - 6 hrs||$24.00||$50.00|
|Early Bird Rate||$15.00||$18.00|
|Entry/Exit||Enter between 6:30am - 10:00am
Exit before close
|Enter between 6:30am - 10:00am
Exit before close
|Entry/Exit||Enter after 4pm, exit before close||Enter after 4pm, exit before close|
Motorcycle parking is now available for RMIT students and staff in Building 91 car park on City campus (110 Victoria Street). The car park is open from 6am to 10pm.
Approximately 50 bays have been allocated across all levels of the car park. For bay locations, please see the Building 91 car park map (PDF, 1.6mb, 9p) – bays are indicated by green shading within the map.
No fee will be charged, but in order to use the car park, motorcycle users will need to register for a permit via the Easypark system.
How to register
- Register online with EasyPark using your RMIT email address. You will need to create a new password that is eight characters long (this includes one capital letter and one number).
- Provide your address and contact details.
- Under ‘Apply for permits’ enter your vehicle registration number and continue.
- Below you should find parking permit options available to you. Select the permit you require - either ‘Annual Student and Staff Motorcycle Permit’ or ‘Bi-Annual Student and Staff Motorcycle Permit’
- Once you accept the terms and conditions and select ‘apply’, your permit is active.
If you cycle to campus secure bike parking facilities are available at the following locations:
- Building 51 basement car park, 80-92 Victoria Street, Carlton (with showers and changing rooms).
- Building 80 (Swanston Academic Building), Level 1, 445 Swanston Street, Melbourne (with showers, changing rooms and lockers).
- Building 100 (Design Hub), Basement, 150 Victoria Street.
To gain access to these facilities using your student card complete the Bike Cage Security form (PDF 22kb, 1p) and submit it to firstname.lastname@example.org or visit RMIT Security reception in Building 14, Level 3 (entrance on Franklin Street).
Important: bikes are not allowed inside RMIT buildings except to access bike parking facilities. During this transit cyclists must dismount.
Students with disabilities
Staff and students are required to observe parking regulations on campus and are likely to be issued a Parking Infringement Notice (PIN) / Fine if they breach parking regulations.
The current costs of parking fines are as follows:
- Band 1 2017/18 Parking Fine: $31
- Band 2 2017/18 Parking Fine: $93
- Band 3 2017/18 Parking Fine $155
The cost of parking permits and the fines for parking without a permit are RMIT-approved student fees. Failure to purchase a permit or pay a parking fine will have the same consequences as not paying any other student fee.
RMIT is an authorised Enforcement Agency through Fines Victoria and an Authorised Officer may issue PIN’s in line with the following Acts.
- s35 and s61 RMIT Act 2010 (Vic)
- s90K (g),(i), (iii) and (v) Road Safety Road Rules 2017 (Vic)
- s13 Infringements Act 2006 (Vic)
- Rule 8 Infringements (Reporting and Prescribed Details and Forms) Regulations 2006 (Vic).
- Penalties are set by the Victorian Government under s87(3) of the Road Safety Road Rules 2017 (Vic).
Lost or stolen permits
Replacement of lost or stolen permits will attract the full fee.
- There is no refund available for lost or stolen parking permits.
- Lost or stolen permits can only be replaced free of charge if evidence in the form of a police report or insurance claim form is provided. Otherwise, the permit will only be replaced if an additional fee is paid.