Ngarara Willim Postgraduate Coursework Scholarship
For Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander postgraduate by coursework students; worth up to $13,000
To be eligible for this scholarship you must:
- be an Australian Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander
- be enrolled full-time in a postgraduate by coursework program at RMIT in semester 1 2020 (or studying part-time with exceptional circumstances)
- be able to demonstrate financial and/or educational disadvantage such as:
- receiving a Government tested low income benefit or having a Centrelink Health Care Card
- having a long term medical condition or disability which impacts your study
- experiencing difficult family/social circumstances
- have/will be relocating from interstate or rural/regional Victoria to study at RMIT
- have at least one year of your program left to complete
- be able to demonstrate participation in your local, indigenous and/or university community
- be passionate about your study and future career
- be registered with the Ngarara Willim Centre for Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander students.
Complete the online application form by the application close date.
Depending on your circumstances, you will need to provide different types of evidence and material to support your scholarship application. Applications without supporting documents will not be considered.
Please visit Supporting Your Application for more information.
It is expected that the online application will take approximately thirty minutes to complete. The main application questions are listed below to allow you time to prepare your answers in advance prior to starting the online application.
- Discuss your passion for studying in your chosen field, including the steps you have taken to achieve your educational goals.
- What are your future plans and career aspirations?
- How do you intend to use this scholarship and how will it assist you to achieve academic success?
- Discuss any difficult circumstances you have faced that have had an impact on your education.
- How have you contributed to your university community and/or the Indigenous community during your previous undergraduate study?
Find out more about applying for scholarships.
Notice to applicants
The scholarship application process is highly competitive with a limited number of scholarships available. Unfortunately, not all eligible applicants will receive one.
Only successful candidates will be notified via email to their RMIT student account.