UniLodge @ RMIT Bundoora - Walert House Accommodation Scholarship
For students who are moving to Melbourne to commence study at RMIT Bundoora; worth full weekly rent paid to UniLodge @ RMIT Bundoora - Walert House
In 2020 the scholarship provides the full weekly rent for one bedroom in a four bedroom multi-share apartment at UniLodge @ RMIT Bundoora - Walert House for 46 weeks, a total rental subsidy value of $10,718.
This scholarship is for one year only, students may be able to continue to live at Walert House but will not be eligible for an accommodation scholarship in their second year.
To be eligible for this scholarship you must:
- be an Australian or New Zealand citizen, an Australian permanent resident or a permanent humanitarian visa holder
- be commencing full time study in the standard semester 1 and 2 in your first year of a certificate IV, diploma, degree or postgraduate by coursework program at RMIT in 2020
- be able to demonstrate financial and/or educational disadvantage such as:
- receiving a Government tested low income benefit or having a Centrelink Health Care Card
- having a long term medical condition or disability which impacts your study
- have previously/are currently living in foster/kinship care or are a ward of the state
- experiencing difficult family/social circumstances
- were born overseas, are from a non-English speaking background and recently migrated to Australia
- are a current or former refugee
- completed your secondary education at a School Network Access Program school
- be relocating from interstate rural/regional Victoria to study at the RMIT Bundoora campus
- have not previously commenced or completed a program at the same level of study or higher
- have not previously been enrolled at RMIT.
If you are a certificate IV or diploma student you must:
- have a government-subsidised place
- be commencing a program with a duration of at least one year or a pathway program combination (a mix of certificate IV and diploma) that is at least one year long
- not be enrolled in an apprenticeship or traineeship program.
If you are a degree, honours or postgraduate by coursework student you must:
- be commencing a program with a duration of at least one year.
Applications can be submitted direct to RMIT or through the Victorian Tertiary Admissions Centre (VTAC) however, it is preferred that you apply direct to RMIT for this scholarship.
Direct to RMIT applications
The online application form will be provided here when applications open. In order to be considered for this scholarship, you must submit a complete online application. Partial applications will not be assessed.
Find out more about applying for scholarships.
Apply online through the Victorian Tertiary Admissions Centre (VTAC) website (www.vtac.edu.au).
Before you begin your application, please visit Supporting Your Application for more information about supporting your application with evidence, providing referee letters and answering application questions.
View the Coursework Scholarships Office’s terms and conditions.
Students will be required to pay a security deposit ($932 2020 rate) to UniLodge @ RMIT Bundoora - Walert House prior to moving in. This will be refunded to students at the end of the contract following an apartment inspection and clearance of all relevant payments to UniLodge @ RMIT Bundoora - Walert House.
Students are required to abide by all Rules of Residency as outlined in the handbook, which you will receive upon confirmation of your place at UniLodge.
UniLodge @ RMIT Bundoora - Walert House is located on the Bundoora West Campus and is a short walk to East Campus. Students can easily stroll to classes – no need to drive or catch public transport! The 86 tram line is located on the doorstep. Thomastown train station is accessible by bus, easily connecting you to the Melbourne CBD and surrounding suburbs. University Hill Town Centre is a few minutes' walk away and has over 100 international and national brands, takeaway food vendors and cafes. Mimosa Park is a 10 minute stroll away – perfect for relaxing with friends or enjoying the serenity as you catch up on your favourite book.
Apartments are fully equipped with modern kitchen, lounge chair/sofa, comfortable beds, wardrobes, large study desks with chair and lamp, bookshelves, TV, data ports, blinds and modern bathrooms. UniLodge @ RMIT Bundoora have linen and kitchen kits available for purchase.
Residential advisors are on campus and available 24/7.
Visit UniLodge @ RMIT Bundoora - Walert House for more information.
Notice to applicants
The scholarship application process is highly competitive with a limited number of scholarships available. Unfortunately, not all eligible applicants will receive one.
Only successful candidates will be notified via their RMIT student email account by 31 March 2020. If you have not received an offer by 31 March 2020, your application has been unsuccessful.