UniLodge @ RMIT Bundoora - Walert House Accommodation Scholarship
For students who are moving to Melbourne to study at RMIT Bundoora; worth a rental subsidy at UniLodge @ RMIT Bundoora - Walert House
In semester 2 2021 the scholarship was paid in the form of a rental subsidy for one bedroom in a four bedroom multi-share apartment at UniLodge @ RMIT Bundoora - Walert House for 23 weeks, worth $5,359.
After the subsidy, successful recipients will be required to pay the difference of $359.
The amounts for 2022 are not yet confirmed.
This scholarship is for one year only, students may be able to continue to live at Walert House but will not be eligible for an accommodation scholarship in their second year.
To be eligible for this scholarship you must:
- be an Australian or New Zealand citizen, an Australian permanent resident or a permanent humanitarian visa holder
- be relocating from interstate rural/regional Victoria to study at the RMIT Bundoora campus in semester 1 2022 for the first time and either:
- be commencing full time study in the standard semester 1 2022 in a certificate IV, diploma, degree or postgraduate by coursework program at RMIT
- be able to demonstrate financial and/or educational disadvantage such as:
- receiving a Government tested low income benefit or having a Centrelink Health Care Card
- having a long term medical condition or disability which impacts your study
- have previously/are currently living in foster/kinship care or are a ward of the state
- experiencing difficult family/social circumstances
- were born overseas, are from a non-English speaking background and recently migrated to Australia
- are a current or former refugee
- completed your secondary education at a School Network Access Program school
- have not previously commenced or completed a program at the same level of study or higher
If you are a certificate IV or diploma student you must:
- have a government-subsidised place
- not be enrolled in an apprenticeship or traineeship program.
Applications can be submitted direct to RMIT or through the Victorian Tertiary Admissions Centre (VTAC) however, it is preferred that you apply direct to RMIT for this scholarship.
Direct to RMIT applications
The online application form will be made available here when applications open. In order to be considered for this scholarship, you must submit a complete online application. Partial applications will not be assessed.
Find out more about applying for scholarships.
Apply online through the Victorian Tertiary Admissions Centre (VTAC) website (www.vtac.edu.au).
Before you begin your application, please visit Supporting Your Application for more information about supporting your application with evidence, providing referee letters and answering application questions.
View the Coursework Scholarships Office’s terms and conditions.
Students will be required to pay a security deposit ($932 2020 rate) to UniLodge @ RMIT Bundoora - Walert House prior to moving in. This will be refunded to students at the end of the contract following an apartment inspection and clearance of all relevant payments to UniLodge @ RMIT Bundoora - Walert House.
Students are required to abide by all Rules of Residency as outlined in the handbook, which you will receive upon confirmation of your place at UniLodge.
UniLodge @ RMIT Bundoora - Walert House is located on the Bundoora West Campus and is a short walk to East Campus. Students can easily stroll to classes – no need to drive or catch public transport! The 86 tram line is located on the doorstep. Thomastown train station is accessible by bus, easily connecting you to the Melbourne CBD and surrounding suburbs. University Hill Town Centre is a few minutes' walk away and has over 100 international and national brands, takeaway food vendors and cafes. Mimosa Park is a 10 minute stroll away – perfect for relaxing with friends or enjoying the serenity as you catch up on your favourite book.
Apartments are fully equipped with modern kitchen, lounge chair/sofa, comfortable beds, wardrobes, large study desks with chair and lamp, bookshelves, TV, data ports, blinds and modern bathrooms. UniLodge @ RMIT Bundoora have linen and kitchen kits available for purchase.
Residential advisors are on campus and available 24/7.
Visit UniLodge @ RMIT Bundoora - Walert House for more information.
Notice to applicants
The scholarship application process is highly competitive with a limited number of scholarships available. Unfortunately, not all eligible applicants will receive one.
Only successful candidates will be notified via their RMIT student email account by 31 March 2022. If you have not received an offer by 31 March 2022, your application has been unsuccessful.