Ali Bab-Hadiashar is an internationally recognised researcher in the computer vision and intelligent robotics areas. His research is primarily in the field of computer vision and autonomous systems involving brake-by-wire systems for new generation vehicle technologies, unmanned aerial vehicles (UAVs) for environmental surveillance, and robot systems for advanced manufacturing.
- Established author with highly cited papers in prestigious journals and conferences
- Published several articles in prestigious journals including IEEETIP, IEEETIE, IJCV, Patter Recognition, and IEEETVT .
- Published highly cited papers: more than 5 papers with more than 30 citations on GoogleScholar
- More than 300 Scopus citations (with h_index of 8)
- More than 700 Googlescholar citations (with h_index of 13)
- Recipient of 6 Australian Research Council National Competitive Grants (3 as the first CI)
- Founding participant and a member of the technical and executive committees of the Research Centre for Advanced By-Wire Technologies (RABiT) 2002-2007 - set up by a Victorian Government Science and Technology Initiative grant of 4.7M
- Successful supervision of several PhD candidates (7 to completion)
Publications can be found on Google Scholar.
Ali Bab-Hadiashar is a professor of Advanced Manufacturing and Mechatronics in the School of Aerospace, Mechanical and Manufacturing Engineering. Bab-Hadiashar has been very active and successful in all aspects of academia including administration, teaching and research. He is an internationally recognised researcher in the area of computer vision and intelligent robotics. His work has resulted in technological achievements and research papers which have been recognised internationally by his peers. Bab-Hadiashar has also made significant contributions to developing and establishing the Robotics and Mechatronics Engineering programs, both locally and internationally.
BSc (Engg) Tehran, MES (Engg) Syd, PhD Monash
- Postdoctoral Research Associate, Monash University (1997-1999)
- Lecturer, Swinburne University of Technology (1999-2001)
- Senior Lecturer, Swinburne University of Technology (2002-2004)
- Associate Professor, Swinburne University of Technology (2004-2011)
- Senior member of IEEE since 2005
- Member of organisation committee, program committee and invited speaker of international conferences including ICIP, ACCV, ACRA, ICINCO and IScIDE.
- FIEAust (invited 2008 - not active)
- Khodadadian Gostar, A.,Rathnayake, T.,Tennakoon, R.,Bab-Hadiashar, A.,Battistelli, G.,Chisci, L.,Hoseinnezhad, R. (2020). Cooperative sensor fusion in centralized sensor networks using Cauchy�Schwarz divergence In: Signal Processing, 167, 1 - 12
- Phan, D.,Bab-Hadiashar, A.,Lai, C.,Crawford, B.,Hoseinnezhad, R.,Nakhaie Jazar, R.,Khayyam, H. (2020). Intelligent energy management system for conventional autonomous vehicles In: Energy, 191, 1 - 13
- Panicker, S.,Khodadadian Gostar, A.,Bab-Hadiashar, A.,Hoseinnezhad, R. (2020). Tracking of targets of interest using labeled multi-Bernoulli filter with multi-sensor control In: Signal Processing, 171, 107451 - 11
- Phan, D.,Bab-Hadiashar, A.,Hoseinnezhad, R.,Nakhaie Jazar, R.,Date, A.,Jamali, A.,Pham, D.,Khayyam, H. (2020). Neuro-fuzzy system for energy management of conventional autonomous vehicles In: Energies, 13, 1 - 16
- Muthu, S.,Tennakoon, R.,Rathnayake, T.,Hoseinnezhad, R.,Suter, D.,Bab-Hadiashar, A. (2020). Motion Segmentation of RGB-D Sequences: Combining Semantic and Motion Information Using Statistical Inference In: IEEE Transactions on Image Processing, 29, 5557 - 5570
- Asadzadeh, A.,Arashpour, M.,Li, H.,Ngo, T.,Bab-Hadiashar, A.,Rashidi, A. (2020). Sensor-based safety management In: Automation in Construction, 113, 1 - 16
- Tennakoon, R.,Bortsova, G.,�rting, S.,Khodadadian Gostar, A.,Wille, M.,Saghir, Z.,Hoseinnezhad, R.,de Bruijne, M.,Bab-Hadiashar, A. (2020). Classification of Volumetric Images Using Multi-Instance Learning and Extreme Value Theorem In: IEEE Transactions on Medical Imaging, 39, 854 - 865
- Mohseni, S.,Wu, H.,Thom, J.,Bab-Hadiashar, A. (2020). Recognizing induced emotions with only one feature: A novel color histogram-based system In: IEEE Access, 8, 37173 - 37190
- Phan, D.,Bab-Hadiashar, A.,Fayyazi, M.,Hoseinnezhad, R.,Nakhaie Jazar, R.,Khayyam, H. (2020). Interval Type-2 Fuzzy Logic Control for Energy Management of Hybrid Electric Autonomous Vehicle In: IEEE Transactions on Intelligent Vehicles, , 1 - 11
- Khayyam, H.,Jamali, A.,Bab-Hadiashar, A.,Esch, T.,Ramakrishna, S.,Jalili, M.,Naebe, M. (2020). A Novel Hybrid Machine Learning Algorithm for Limited and Big Data Modeling with Application in Industry 4.0 In: IEEE Access, 8, 111381 - 111393
- Automated Integrity Assessment of Self-Piercing Rivet Joints: i4.0 Approach. Funded by: ARC Linkage Project Grants 2019 from (2020 to 2023)
- Agreement for the funding of Postdoctoral and Associate Positions relating to Maritime Platform Dynamics and Control. Funded by: Defence Science and Technology Group - Contract from (2019 to 2022)
- Vision systems for processes control in metal additive manufacturing (CSIRO PhD scholarship). Funded by: CSIRO Post Graduate Top Up Scholarship from (2018 to 2020)
- Detection of Structure and Defects of Additively Manufactured Parts (PhD candidate:�Matheus Xavier). Funded by: CSIRO Post Graduate Top Up Scholarship from (2018 to 2021)
- Visual intelligence for safe vehicle operation in industrial environment. Funded by: ARC Linkage Grant 2016 from (2016 to 2020)
14 PhD Current Supervisions and 2 Masters by Research Current Supervisions7 PhD Completions