Ali Bab-Hadiashar is an internationally recognised researcher in the computer vision and intelligent robotics areas. His research is primarily in the field of computer vision and autonomous systems involving brake-by-wire systems for new generation vehicle technologies, unmanned aerial vehicles (UAVs) for environmental surveillance, and robot systems for advanced manufacturing.
- Established author with highly cited papers in prestigious journals and conferences
- Published several articles in prestigious journals including IEEETIP, IEEETIE, IJCV, Patter Recognition, and IEEETVT .
- Published highly cited papers: more than 5 papers with more than 30 citations on GoogleScholar
- More than 300 Scopus citations (with h_index of 8)
- More than 700 Googlescholar citations (with h_index of 13)
- Recipient of 6 Australian Research Council National Competitive Grants (3 as the first CI)
- Founding participant and a member of the technical and executive committees of the Research Centre for Advanced By-Wire Technologies (RABiT) 2002-2007 - set up by a Victorian Government Science and Technology Initiative grant of 4.7M
- Successful supervision of several PhD candidates (7 to completion)
Publications can be found on Google Scholar.
Ali Bab-Hadiashar is a professor of Advanced Manufacturing and Mechatronics in the School of Aerospace, Mechanical and Manufacturing Engineering. Bab-Hadiashar has been very active and successful in all aspects of academia including administration, teaching and research. He is an internationally recognised researcher in the area of computer vision and intelligent robotics. His work has resulted in technological achievements and research papers which have been recognised internationally by his peers. Bab-Hadiashar has also made significant contributions to developing and establishing the Robotics and Mechatronics Engineering programs, both locally and internationally.
BSc (Engg) Tehran, MES (Engg) Syd, PhD Monash
- Postdoctoral Research Associate, Monash University (1997-1999)
- Lecturer, Swinburne University of Technology (1999-2001)
- Senior Lecturer, Swinburne University of Technology (2002-2004)
- Associate Professor, Swinburne University of Technology (2004-2011)
- Senior member of IEEE since 2005
- Member of organisation committee, program committee and invited speaker of international conferences including ICIP, ACCV, ACRA, ICINCO and IScIDE.
- FIEAust (invited 2008 - not active)
- Rathnayake, T.,Tennakoon, R.,Khodadadian Gostar, A.,Bab-Hadiashar, A.,Hoseinnezhad, R. (2019). Information Fusion for Industrial Mobile Platform Safety via Track-Before-Detect Labeled Multi-Bernoulli Filter In: Sensors, 19, 1 - 20
- Khodadadian Gostar, A.,Fu, C.,Chuah, W.,Hossain, M.,Tennakoon, R.,Bab-Hadiashar, A.,Hoseinnezhad, R. (2019). State transition for statistical SLAM using planar features in 3D point clouds In: Sensors, 19, 1 - 17
- Wang, X.,Hoseinnezhad, R.,Gostar, A.,Rathnayake, T.,Xu, B.,Bab-Hadiashar, A. (2018). Multi-sensor control for multi-object Bayes filters In: Signal Processing, 142, 260 - 270
- Tennakoon, R.,Sadri, A.,Hoseinnezhad, R.,Bab-Hadiashar, A. (2018). Effective Sampling: Fast Segmentation Using Robust Geometric Model Fitting In: IEEE Transactions on Image Processing, 27, 4182 - 4194
- Wang, X.,Khodadadian Gostar, A.,Rathnayake, T.,Xu, B.,Bab-Hadiashar, A.,Hoseinnezhad, R. (2018). Centralized multiple-view sensor fusion using labeled multi-Bernoulli filters In: Signal Processing, 150, 75 - 84
- Tennakoon, R.,Hoseinnezhad, R.,Tran, H.,Bab-Hadiashar, A. (2018). Visual Inspection of Storm-Water Pipe Systems Using Deep Convolutional Neural Networks In: Proceedings of the 15th International Conference on Informatics in Control, Automation and Robotics (ICINCO 2018), Porto, Portugal, 29-31 July 2018
- Sadri, A.,Tennakoon, R.,Hoseinnezhad, R.,Bab-Hadiashar, A. (2018). Robust visual data segmentation: Sampling from distribution of model parameters In: Computer Vision and Image Understanding, 174, 82 - 94
- Khodadadian Gostar, A.,Hoseinnezhad, R.,Rathnayake, T.,Wang, X.,Bab-Hadiashar, A. (2017). Constrained sensor control for labeled multi-bernoulli filter using Cauchy-Schwarz divergence In: IEEE Signal Processing Letters, 24, 1313 - 1317
- Khayyam, H.,Fakhrhoseini, S.,Church, J.,Milani, A.,Bab-Hadiashar, A.,Nakhaie Jazar, G.,Naebe, M. (2017). Predictive modelling and optimization of carbon fiber mechanical properties through high temperature furnace In: Applied Thermal Engineering, 125, 1539 - 1554
- Arashpour, M.,Bai, Y.,Aranda-Mena, G.,Bab-Hadiashar, A.,Hosseini, M.,Kalutara, P. (2017). Optimizing decisions in advanced manufacturing of prefabricated products: Theorizing supply chain configurations in off-site construction In: Automation in Construction, 84, 146 - 153
- Agreement for the funding of Postdoctoral and Associate Positions relating to Maritime Platform Dynamics and Control. Funded by: Defence Science and Technology Group - Contract from (2019 to 2022)
- Detection of Structure and Defects of Additively Manufactured Parts (CSIRO PhD scholarship). Funded by: CSIRO POSTGRADUATE SCHOLARSHIPS from (2018 to 2021)
- Vision systems for processes control in metal additive manufacturing (CSIRO PhD scholarship). Funded by: CSIRO POSTGRADUATE SCHOLARSHIPS from (2018 to 2020)
- Visual intelligence for safe vehicle operation in industrial environment. Funded by: ARC Linkage Grant 2016 from (2016 to 2019)
- Crowd tracking and visual analytics for rapidly deployable imaging devices. Funded by: ARC Linkage Grant 2016 from (2016 to 2019)
11 PhD Current Supervisions and 1 Masters by Research Current Supervisions5 PhD Completions