Marnie is Senior Research Fellow at the School of Art and acting leader for CAST (contemporary art and social transformation) research group at RMIT University in Naarm (Melbourne), Australia.www.marniebadham.com.
With a twenty-five-year history of art and social justice in Australia and Canada, Marnie's research sits at the intersection of socially-engaged art practices, participatory methodologies and the politics of cultural measurement.
Through aesthetic forms of encounter and exchange, her work brings together disparate groups of people in dialogue to examine and affect local issues.
Her current focus includes a series of creative cartographies registering emotions in public space; expanded curation projects on the aesthetics and politics of food; and a book project The Social Life of Artist Residencies: connecting with people and place not your own.
- Wise, K.,MacDonald, A.,Badham, M.,Brown, N.,Rankin, S. (2022). Interdisciplinarity for social justice enterprise: intersecting education, industry and community arts perspectives In: Australian Educational Researcher, 49, 1 - 21
- Badham, M.,Wise, K.,MacDonald, A. (2021). Mona’s 24 Carrot Gardens: Seeding an Ecology of Cultural Value in Tasmania In: Exploring Cultural Value: Contemporary Issues for Theory and Practice, Emerald Publishing Limited, Bingley, England
- Badham, M.,Hulbert, T. (2020). Pedestrian Poetics for Public Space In: Dancing Place: Corhanwarrabul Dandenong Ranges, Australia
- Lanson, K.,Badham, M.,Hulbert, T. (2020). #unmaskedselfiesinsolidarity From Digital Artivism to the Collective Care of Social Art in Public Space In: Journal of Public Space, 5, 87 - 106
- Badham, M. (2019). Spectres of evaluation indeterminacy and the negotiation of value(s) in socially engaged art In: Co Creation, CAC Brétigny, Paris, France
- Badham, M. (2019). Bruised Food: a living laboratory In: Bruised Art, Action and Ecology in Asia Melbourne, Australia
- Condliffe, Z.,Beer, T.,Badham, M. (2018). Refugium: the politics of participatory ecological art in public-private spaces In: GPS: Global Performance Studies, 1, 1 - 22
- Badham, M.,Garrett-Petts, W.,Jackson, S.,Langlois, J.,Malhotra, S. (2018). Creative Cartographies: A Roundtable Discussion On Artistic Approaches To Cultural Mapping In: Artistic Approaches to Cultural Mapping, Taylor and Francis, London, United Kingdom
- Badham, M. (2018). Five Weeks in Spring: an emotional map of Lilydale In: Force of Nature Lilydale, Victoria, Australia
- Badham, M. (2017). Reflections of the Coming Back Out Ball: A dialogic evaluation In: All the Queens Men Melbourne, Australia
1 PhD Completions and 1 Masters by Research Completions9 PhD Current Supervisions
- Ambitious and Fair: Strategies for a sustainable visual arts sector. Funded by: ARC Linkage Project Grants 2020 from (2021 to 2023)
- Bring two keynote speakers to the Art Association of Australia and New Zealand (AAANZ) Annual Conference, `Aesthetics, Politics, History: The Social Context of Art`, Melbourne, 5-8 December 2018. Funded by: Ian Potter Foundation Conference Grants 2018 onwards from (2018 to 2018)