Robyn is the academic lead, research training and supervisor development, in the School of Graduate Research.Robyn leads the development and delivery of professional development programs for HDR candidates and supervisors, including the enterprise-wide Respectful Research Training culture-change initiative. Robyn's research interests include research education and gender equality and she publishes widely on these topics.
- Research education
- Researcher development
- PhD supervision
- Higher education policy and practice
- PhD (Philosophy) Monash University, Melbourne, Australia.
- BA (Hons) (First-class) Murdoch University, Perth, Australia.
- Cuthbert, D.,Barnacle, R.,Henry, N.,Latham, K.,Sidelil, L.,Spark, C. (2023). Barriers to gender equality in STEMM: do leaders have the gender competence for change? In: Equality, Diversity and Inclusion: An International Journal, , 1 - 15
- Cuthbert, D.,Barnacle, R.,Sidelil, L.,Henry, N.,Latham, K.,Spark, C. (2023). ‘If someone, somewhere had a plan’: Disavowal in the gender-equality resistance talk of STEMM leaders In: Women's Studies International Forum, 100, 1 - 9
- Barnacle, R.,Cuthbert, D.,Hall, A.,Sidelil, L. (2022). Respect@Uni: A feminist insider perspective on respect-based culture change in higher education In: Critical Studies in Education, , 1 - 20
- Barnacle, R.,Cuthbert, D. (2021). A Public and Persuasive PhD: Reforming Doctoral Education in the Outreach Focused University In: The PhD at the End of the World, Springer, Switzerland
- Barnacle, R.,Cuthbert, D.,Schmidt, C.,Batty, C. (2020). HASS PhD graduate careers and knowledge transfer: A conduit for enduring, multi-sector networks In: Arts and Humanities in Higher Education, 19, 397 - 418
- Barnacle, R.,Cuthbert, D.,Schmidt, C.,Batty, C. (2020). Vectors of knowledge exchange: the value of industry engagement to HASS PhDs In: Higher Education, 80, 973 - 987
- Barnacle, R.,Schmidt, C.,Cuthbert, D. (2019). Expertise and the PhD: Between depth and a flat place In: Higher Education Quarterly, 73, 168 - 181
- Barnacle, R. (2018). Research Education and Care: The Care-Full PhD In: The Thinking University: A Philosophical Examination of Thought and Higher Education, Springer International Publishing AG, Cham, Switzerland
- Barnacle, R.,Dall'Alba, G. (2017). Committed to learn: student engagement and care in higher education In: Higher Education Research and Development, 36, 1326 - 1338
- Barnacle, R.,Cuthbert, D.,Laurie, R. (2016). Exploring researcher motivation: Implications for PhD education In: Asia Pacific Graduate Education: Comparative Policies and Regional Developments, Palgrave Macmillan, New York, United States
Note: Supervision projects since 2004
1 PhD Current Supervisions6 PhD Completions
Research practice and knowledge generation; research education: pedagogy, practice and policy; ontology and learning.