Robyn Barnacle is a Senior Research Fellow in the School of Graduate Research, RMIT University, Melbourne, Australia.She is a research education specialist and coordinates professional development programs for higher degrees by research supervisors and candidates. Robyn's research is in the area of higher education and focuses on doctoral education.
- Research education
- Researcher development
- PhD supervision
- Higher education policy and practice
- PhD (Philosophy) Monash University, Melbourne, Australia.
- BA (Hons) (First-class) Murdoch University, Perth, Australia.
- Barnacle, R.,Cuthbert, D. (2021). A Public and Persuasive PhD: Reforming Doctoral Education in the Outreach Focused University In: The PhD at the End of the World, Springer, Switzerland
- Barnacle, R.,Cuthbert, D.,Schmidt, C.,Batty, C. (2020). HASS PhD graduate careers and knowledge transfer: A conduit for enduring, multi-sector networks In: Arts and Humanities in Higher Education, 19, 397 - 418
- Barnacle, R.,Cuthbert, D.,Schmidt, C.,Batty, C. (2020). Vectors of knowledge exchange: the value of industry engagement to HASS PhDs In: Higher Education, 80, 973 - 987
- Barnacle, R.,Schmidt, C.,Cuthbert, D. (2019). Expertise and the PhD: Between depth and a flat place In: Higher Education Quarterly, 73, 168 - 181
- Barnacle, R. (2018). Research Education and Care: The Care-Full PhD In: The Thinking University: A Philosophical Examination of Thought and Higher Education, Springer International Publishing AG, Cham, Switzerland
- Barnacle, R.,Dall'Alba, G. (2017). Committed to learn: student engagement and care in higher education In: Higher Education Research and Development, 36, 1326 - 1338
- Barnacle, R.,Cuthbert, D.,Laurie, R. (2016). Exploring researcher motivation: Implications for PhD education In: Asia Pacific Graduate Education: Comparative Policies and Regional Developments, Palgrave Macmillan, New York, United States
- Dall'Alba, G.,Barnacle, R. (2015). Exploring knowing/being through discordant professional practice In: Educational Philosophy and Theory, 47, 1452 - 1464
- Mewburn, I.,Tokareva, E.,Cuthbert, D.,Sinclair, J.,Barnacle, R. (2014). 'These are issues that should not be raised in black and white': the culture of progress reporting and the doctorate In: Higher Education Research and Development, 33, 510 - 522
- Sinclair, J.,Cuthbert, D.,Barnacle, R. (2014). The entrepreneurial subjectivity of successful researchers In: Higher Education Research and Development, 33, 1007 - 1019
Note: Supervision projects since 2004
2 PhD Current Supervisions5 PhD Completions
Research practice and knowledge generation; research education: pedagogy, practice and policy; ontology and learning.