His research areas include: the development Digital Audio Broadcasting; Internet based audio services, their connections with other emerging media and the role of communities of interest in this environment.
Bruce is a Melbourne based media producer, broadcaster and academic. Prior to working at RMIT University, Bruce was Senior Producer at 3RRR fm where he continues to present programs. He is a former director of Melbourne Fringe Festival, 3RRRfm and the Cinemedia Digital Media Fund. Recent publications include articles on Digital Media for the Australian Film Commission, The Radio Journal, Communications Law Centre, Media Information Australia and the Key Centre for Media and Cultural Policy. He organised The Radio Conference 2005 at RMIT, a gathering of over 300 radio academics and practitioners from 25 countries. He is on the editorial board of 3CMedia and the Journal of Radio and Audio Media.
Presently he is developing ROAR (Radio Online At RMIT), a site that showcases and distributes audio produced at RMIT.
Bruce is the Program Co-ordinator for the Professional Communication program. He also heads the Radio courses at RMIT and lectures in Radio 1 and Radio 2.
Bruce Berryman holds a Masters degree in Communication (Research) and is currently a PhD candidate researching radio in a digital environment.
- Berryman, B. (2016). Enabling Collaboration in a Virtual Environment In: Journal of Technologies and Human Usability, 12, 15 - 28
- Berryman, B. (2015). Enablers of collaborative media production in networked learning environments In: Proceedings of the International Conference on Learning and Teaching 2015, Singapore, 29 September -1 October 2015
- Berryman, B.,Bryan, R. (2010). Shared stories In: 3CMedia, -, 33 - 40
- Berryman, B. (2005). Teaching radio for digital platforms In: Radio in the World: Radio Conference 2005, ,
- Berryman, B. (2004). From on-air to the web: re-defining the radio producer - Review of radio studies teaching In: The Radio Journal: international studies in broadcast and audio media, 2, 118 - 120
1 PhD Current Supervisions