Carol Bond is a political and social scientist investigating business-related socio-economic and policy topics in the energy and resources sectors.
Carol is a Lecturer in Management at RMIT University, Australia. Over the course of her career, Carol's work has been concerned with investigating and analysing in how government policy and investment in the energy and resources sectors in Australia affects socio-economic factors in SME operating environments.
Core research themes are policy impacts on businesses, energy-related equity & distributive justice issues, and circular economy opportunities. In the course of pursuing this agenda, Carol has published journal articles, a monograph, industry-facing articles, and research reports related to the energy and resources sectors within the field of management studies. Key outputs have been published in: Journal of Business Ethics, Australian Journal of Management, and Ecological Economics.
Carol is a Chief Investigator - Future Fuels CRC (2018 - 2025)
- PhD - University of Queensland (Political Science)
- MIS - University of Queensland (International Studies, Adv)
- MAR - Yale University Divinity School (Ethics)
- Unger, C.,Everingham, J.,Bond, C. (2020). Transition or transformation: shifting priorities and stakeholders in Australian mined land rehabilitation and closure In: Australasian Journal of Environmental Management, 27, 84 - 113
- Bond, C.,Kelly, L. (2020). Returning land to country: Indigenous engagement in mined land closure and rehabilitation In: Australian Journal of Management, 46, 174 - 192
- Gabriel, C.,Bond, C. (2019). Need, Entitlement and Desert: A Distributive Justice Framework for Consumption Degrowth In: Ecological Economics, 156, 327 - 336
- Bond, C. (2018). Business and peace-building : the role of natural resources companies, Routledge, New York
- Gillespie, N.,Bond, C.,Downs, V.,Staggs, J. (2016). Stakeholder trust in the Queensland CSG industry In: Journal of the Australian Petroleum Production & Exploration Association (APPEA), 56, 239 - 246
- Bond, C.,Kirsch, P. (2015). Vulnerable populations affected by mining: Predicting and preventing outbreaks of physical violence In: Extractive Industries and Society, 2, 552 - 561
- Bond, C. (2014). Positive peace and sustainability in the mining context: Beyond the triple bottom line In: Journal of Cleaner Production, 84, 164 - 173
- Bond, C. (2013). Sustainable peace: An added dimension to social sustainability in the mining context In: International Journal of Sustainability Policy and Practice, 8, 59 - 72
- Kemp, D.,Owen, J.,Gotzmann, N.,Bond, C. (2011). Just Relations and Company-Community Conflict in Mining In: Journal of Business Ethics, 101, 93 - 109
1 PhD Current Supervisions
- Asia Trade and Innovation Hub (VHESIF Pool 1). Funded by: Victorian Higher Education State Investment Fund (VHESIF) - Pool 1 from (2021 to 2025)