Mr Jordan Lacey
Dr Jordan Lacey is an Australian Research Council fellow and senior lecturer across RMIT University’s School of Design and School of Art. He specialises in artistic research and soundscape design.
- Art & Design Research Fellow
- Editorial duties: Journal Sonic Studies; Unlikely Journal of Creative Arts.
PhD in Architecture & Design (Urban Soundscapes)
Bachelor of Applied Science
Graduate Diploma in Education
Bachelor of Arts
Certificate IV in Training and Assessment
Jordan is a practicing sound artist and musician, with a history of sound performance in Melbourne and Sydney in a variety of genres. He has performed in a number of locations around Australia and is currently engaged in the creation of soundscape compositions and sonic philosophies in a variety of contexts.
In his ten years' secondary school teaching he has built experience in the TAFE system, private and public schooling, and remote area teaching in the Northern Territory.
He has presented research on separate occasions to Landscape Architects at the City of Melbourne, and to the RMIT Design Research institute’s Material Symposium. Jordan has had a number of publications, conferences, installations and grants and spent a number of years travelling through Asia, Europe and Australia.
In 2010, he completed an internship as a Research Assistant at SIAL Sound Studios, where he completed a scoping exercise in Acoustic Ecology (Sites-of-Respite research).
Jordan is a member of the Australian Forum for Acoustic Ecology, and Australian Computer Music Association.
- Lacey, J. (2022). Urban Roar, Bloomsbury, United States
- Lacey, J.,Rousell, D. (2021). Autonomous bodies and tiny ecologies: Sifting through human(ist) remains In: Journal of Posthuman Studies: Philosophy, Technology, Media, 5, 72 - 77
- Lacey, J. (2021). Biophilic Design for the Emergence of Wild Affectivities In: Kerb, , 86 - 91
- Lacey, J. (2020). Zoë, Sonic Relationality and Posthuman Urban Sound Art In: RE:SOUND 2019 – 8th International Conference on Media Art, Science, and Technology, Aalborg, Denmark , 20-23 August 2019
- Lacey, J. (2020). Sound Installations for the Production of Atmosphere as a Limited Field of Sounds In: The Bloomsbury Handbook of Sonic Methodologies, Bloomsbury Publishing, New York, United States
- Lacey, J. (2020). COLD: translating the ambiance of rivulets into air-conditioners In: Unlikely Journal of Creative Arts, 1, 1 - 11
- Lacey, J.,Castro, R.,Craenen, P.,Moore, S. (2020). Toward the Possibilities of Urban Sound Parks In: Ambiances, Alloæsthesia: Senses, Inventions, Worlds: Proceedings of the 4th International Congress on Ambiances, virtual, 2-4 Dec 2020
- Lacey, J.,Freer, R. (2019). COLD In: Translating Ambiance Melbourne, Australia
- Lacey, J. (2019). Fielding_Overlay In: 1as Jornadas de Arte, Ciencias, Humanidades y Ciudadanía (ACHC Conference) Mexico City, Mexico
- Lacey, J. (2019). Broken Ecologies In: RE:SOUND 2019 Aalborg, Denmark
1 Masters by Research Completions2 PhD Current Supervisions
- Translating ambiance: restorative sound design for urban soundscapes. Funded by: ARC Discovery Early Career Researcher Award (DECRA) 2019 from (2019 to 2022)