Dr Matthew Marino is a research fellow working in close collaboration with THALES Group on next generation air traffic management systems and software for safer and more sustainable air traffic operations.
- Funded research through THALES Group on next generation ATM systems/software.
- Intelligent Transportation Systems (ITS) group member, School of Aerospace, Mechanical and Manufacturing Engineering.
- Avionics and Air Traffic Management (ATM) team member, School of Aerospace, Mechanical and Manufacturing Engineering.
- Unmanned Aerial Systems (UAS) Research Team Member, Sir Lawrence Wackett Aerospace Research Centre.
- Doctor of Engineering (Aerospace), RMIT University- 2013
- Bachelor of Aerospace Engineering (Hons), RMIT University – 2008
- Remote Piloted Aerial System pilot certificate, Bronze Wings – 2000
- 2013 – RMIT - Postgraduate researcher, Micro Air Vehicle (MAV) systems.
- 2010 – Test Engineer, Austral Ships, wind-tunnel testing of fast catamaran.
- 2008 – 2013 - Engineering tutor in Advanced Aero Structures, Vehicle Aerodynamics, Fluid Dynamics, Systems Engineering, Aircraft Design,
- 2007 – 2008 - Test Engineer, SIEMENS AG, Industrial Gas Turbine Test and Evaluation, Research and Development, Berlin.
Professional awards and prizes
- Higher Degrees by Research conference best presentation award 2011.
- Higher Degrees by Research conference best presentation award 2009.
- Rotary Youth Leadership Award (RYLA) 2006.
- Abdul Sathar Eqbal, M.,Fernando, W.,Marino, M.,Wild, G. (2018). Hybrid propulsion systems for remotely piloted aircraft systems In: Aerospace, 5, 1 - 17
- Prudden, S.,Fisher, A.,Marino, M.,Mohamed, A.,Watkins, S.,Wild, G. (2018). Measuring wind with small unmanned aircraft systems In: Journal of Wind Engineering and Industrial Aerodynamics, 176, 197 - 210
- Panta, A.,Mohamed, A.,Marino, M.,Watkins, S.,Fisher, A. (2018). Unconventional control solutions for small fixed wing unmanned aircraft In: Progress in Aerospace Sciences, 102, 122 - 135
- Marino, M.,Ambani, J.,Watkins, R.,Sabatini, R. (2017). StopRotor - A new VTOL aircraft configuration In: Proceedings of the 17th Australian International Aerospace Congress (AIAC 2017), Melbourne, Australia, 26 February - 2 March 2017
- Panta, A.,Watkins, S.,Marino, M.,Petersen, P. (2017). Investigation of the dynamics of leading edge control surfaces for MAV flight In: Proceedings of the 17th Australian International Aerospace Congress, Melbourne, Australia, 26-28 February 2017
- Sliwinski, J.,Gardi, A.,Marino, M.,Sabatini, R. (2017). Hybrid-electric propulsion integration in unmanned aircraft In: Energy, 140, 1407 - 1416
- Panta, A.,Petersen, P.,Marino, M.,Watkins, S.,Fisher, A.,Mohamed, A. (2017). Qualitative investigation of the dynamics of a leading edge control surfaces for MAV applications In: Proceedings of the 9th International Micro Air Vehicle Conference and Flight Competitioin (IMAV 2017), Toulouse France, 18-22 September 2017
- Lim, Y.,Gardi, A.,Marino, M.,Sabatini, R. (2016). Modelling and evaluation of persistent contrail formation regions for offline and online strategic flight trajectory planning In: Sustainable Aviation: Energy and Environmental Issues, Springer, Switzerland
- Somerville, A.,Marino, M.,Baxter, G.,Wild, G. (2016). Understanding box wing aircraft: essential technology to improve sustainability in the aviation industry In: Aviation, 20, 129 - 136
- Gardi, A.,Marino, M.,Ramasamy, S.,Sabatini, R.,Kistan, T. (2016). 4-dimensional trajectory optimisation algorithm for air traffic management systems In: Proceedings of the 35th AIAA/IEEE Digital Avionics Systems Conference (DASC 2016), Sacramento, United States, 25 - 29 September 2016
- StopRotor VTOL UAS. Funded by: Department of Defence - Defence Innovation Hub 2018 onwards from (2018 to 2019)
- Development of the dynamics model of the Stoprotor UAV for accurate performance evaluation.. Funded by: Defence Science Institute Grant 2015 from (2016 to 2017)
5 PhD Current Supervisions and 2 Masters by Research Current Supervisions