Dr Rose Michael is Lecturer in the Master of Writing and Publishing and Bachelor of Creative Writing within RMIT's School of Media and Communication.
Rose is a writer, editor and academic who has been published in Griffith Review, Best Australian Stories, Island, Cultural Studies Review, Review of Australian Fiction, Sydney Review of Books and Meanjin. Her first novel, The Asking Game (Transit Lounge, 2007), was a runner-up for the Vogel award and received an Aurealis honourable mention. An early extract from her second, The Art of Navigation (University of Western Australia, 2017), was shortlisted for a Conjure award.
She has received numerous grants: from the Copyright Agency Limited (2010 and 2017), Australia Council for the Arts (2012), Arts Victoria (2009), and the City of Melbourne (2007); for an Australian Research Council Linkage Project (2007–11); as well as a University of Melbourne Publication Subsidy (2006).
Rose brings extensive professional experience as an editor and publisher to her work in the Bowen Street Press and loves the opportunity RMIT provides for her to lecture across the writing and publishing programs.
- Lecturer, Writing and Publishing
- Lecturer, Creative Writing
- Supervisor, Honours and Higher Research Degree students
- Convenor, Bowen Street Press writing group
- Member, non/fictionLab
- Bachelor of Arts (Hons), University of Melbourne
- Master of Arts, University of Technology, Sydney
- PhD, University of Western Australia
- Australasian Association of Writing Programs (AAWP)
- The Writer's Hotel. Funded by: Ignite Career Fund 2017, Round 2 from (2018 to 2018)
- Michael, R. (2016). Pool In: Review of Australian Fiction 19:2 Australia
- Michael, R. (2012). Arcade Publications In: Arcade Publications Melbourne, Australia
1 PhD Current Supervisions