Dr. Argho Bandyopadhyay
Dr. Argho Bandyopadhyay is a Lecturer in MBA at the Graduate School of Business and Law, RMIT University, Australia. His principal research interests are in the areas of brand management, advertising and consumer emotions. His secondary research interests lies in the intersection of digital communities and consumer app adoption and innovation.
Argho is an experienced educator and researcher with a Doctor of Philosophy (Ph.D.) in Marketing. As an educator, Argho has seven (7) years of teaching and course coordinating experience in the Australian (5 years) and Malaysian (2 years) higher education sector, with impressive teaching record across a range of undergraduate and postgraduate marketing and communication subjects.
As a researcher, he has published in European Journal of Marketing (A*), Australasian Marketing Journal (A), Asia Pacific Journal of Marketing and Logistics (A), Journal of Retailing and Consumer Services (A) and Journal of Wine Research, and has also presented his research work in some of the well-known marketing conferences (AMA and ANZMAC).
Argho has received the 2021 inaugural Graduate School of Business and Law (GSBL) Dean's Merit Award for his teaching into numerous marketing and entrepreneurial subjects, and he is strongly committed to collaborating with students to practically apply their learning, using real-life industry projects to develop skills and capabilities, personally and professionally, for their career advancement.
Argho has been coordinating and facilitating courses in MBA programs at RMIT University. His principal research interests are in the areas of brand management, advertising and consumer emotions. His secondary research interests lies in the intersection of digital communities and consumer app adoption and innovation.
Dr. Argho Bandyopadhyay has been coordinating and facilitating a number of courses across the MBA and Accelerated MBA programs including:
- Business Research Design
- People and Organisation
- Marketing for Mangers
- Digital Entrepreneurship
- International Strategy
- Tan, S.,Bandyopadhyay, A.,Septianto, F. (2023). Relationship (breakup) reminders drive online advertising effectiveness In: Psychology & Marketing, , 1 - 10
- Bandyopadhyay, A.,Septianto, F.,Nallaperuma, K. (2022). Mixed Feelings Enhance the Effectiveness of Luxury Advertising In: Australasian Marketing Journal, 30, 28 - 34
- Nallaperuma, K.,Septianto, F.,Bandyopadhyay, A. (2022). Mixed emotional appeal enhances advertising effectiveness of pro-environmental luxury brands: the mediating role of cognitive flexibility In: Asia Pacific Journal of Marketing and Logistics, 34, 175 - 189
- Bandyopadhyay, A.,Septianto, F.,Nallaperuma, K. (2021). How scolding can encourage consumer engagement with plastic waste issue? The moderating role of consumers’ mindset In: Journal of Retailing and Consumer Services, 62, 1 - 8
- Bandyopadhyay, A.,Septianto, F.,Nallaperuma, K.,Lang, B. (2021). Emotional cues’ effects on grotesque advertising In: Australasian Marketing Journal, , 1 - 11
- Septianto, F.,Nallaperuma, K.,Bandyopadhyay, A.,Dolan, R. (2020). Proud powerful, grateful powerless: the interactive effect of power and emotion on gift giving In: European Journal of Marketing, 54, 1703 - 1729
- Nallaperuma, K.,Bandyopadhyay, A.,Lockshin, L. (2017). A comparative analysis of experts’ and consumers’ perceptions of regionality in Australian wine purchase decisions In: Journal of Wine Research, 28, 194 - 215
- Bachelor of Science (H) in Geology, Delhi University, India.
- Master of Business Administration, IBS Hyderabad, India.
- Master of Business in Integrated Marketing Communication (with research), Queensland University of Technology (QUT), Brisbane.
- Doctor of Philosophy in Marketing and Branding, Deakin University.
- Campaign Analyst
- Research Consultant
1 PhD Current Supervisions