2004 Australia Council for the Arts, Skills and Arts Development Grant, Tokyo Studio Residency (Nov 2004 – Feb 2005). National competitive grant, and internationally significant venue
2004 Siemens RMIT Fine Arts Scholarship, RMIT. Prestigious University industry student prize
2004 Diana Morgan Postgraduate Gold & Silversmithing Prize, RMIT. Prestigious University industry student prize
2006 Solo exhibition: “Asakusa Window”, Object Gallery, Sydney. Research that meets standards of excellence in its field and makes an exceptional contribution of particular significance to the area of contemporary jewellery and object in Australia.
2006 Award group exhibition: “Cicely & Colin Rigg Contemporary Design Award”, Ian Potter Centre, National Gallery of Victoria, Melbourne. Research that is leading in its field. Top level group exhibition and award, by invitation and curated by highly esteemed experts in the field.
Associate member of the
- Ph.D Candidate
- Bastin, N. (2013). Jewellery works that reimage botanical specimens from early European settlement of Australia In: Transplantation: a Sense of Place and Culture Toowoomba, Australia
- Bastin, N. (2013). The keeper of unnoticed sewer vermin: vinyl wall image with 4 jewellery objects In: Melbourne Now Melbourne, Australia
- Bastin, N. (2013). Miniature object based works depicting a In: This Beguiling Shelf Tokyo, Japan???
- Bastin, N. (2012). Jewellery works as imagined accessories of the re-invented Hero In: The Sleepless Hero (solo exhibition) Melbourne, Australia
- Bastin, N. (2010). Neo Plastic Jewellery Artefacts (Japan) in Treasure Room Australia - Schatzkammer Australien In: Munich, Germany
- Bastin, N. (2010). Neo Plastic Jewellery Artefacts In: By Example: Australian contemporary jewellery Japan
- Bastin, N. (2009). Neo Plastic Jewellery Artefacts (France) in Four Jewellers: Robert Baines, Nicholas Bastin, Simon Cottrell, Kirsten Haydon, Melbourne, Australie In: Cagnes sur Mer, France
- Bastin, N. (2008). Collection of five jewellery works In: Fuse: artists and jewellers exploring self and society through diverse technologies Melbourne, Australia
- Bastin, N. (2006). Collection of 11 jewellery works In: The Cicely & Colin Rigg Contemporary Design Award 2006 Melbourne, Australia
- Bastin, N. (2006). Collection of 4 window installation of jewellery and objects In: Asakusa Window Sydney, Australia
1 Masters by Research Current Supervisions2 PhD Completions and 1 Masters by Research Completions