Prue is an Early Career Development Fellow (Lecturer, Management) in the School of Management. Her research interests include improving health and social care service delivery, and understanding how institutional change may be provoked and harnessed for the social good. Prior to working in academia, Prue worked in the NGO and Government sectors as a senior researcher and policy officer on a number of public policy and service delivery issues affecting disadvantaged Australians.
Her PhD dissertation explored how firms support former prisoners to reintegrate into the workforce.
- Course co-coordinator: BUSM1094 Organisational Analysis; BUSM1100 Organisational Analysis
- Tutor: BUSM1094 Organisational Analysis
- PhD (Monash University)
- Master of Management (Monash University)
- Bachelor of Arts (Deakin University)
- Burns, P.,Currie, G.,McLoughlin, I.,Robinson, T.,Sohal, A.,Teede, H. (2022). Creating conditions for effective knowledge brokering: a qualitative case study In: BMC Health Services Research, 22, 1 - 23
- McLoughlin, I.,Burns, P.,Looi, E.,Sohal, A.,Teede, H. (2020). Brokering knowledge into the public sector: understanding improvement facilitators’ priorities in the redesign of hospital care In: Public Management Review, 22, 836 - 856
- Robinson, T.,Bailey, C.,Morris, H.,Burns, P.,Melder, A.,Croft, C.,Spyridonidis, D.,Bismantara, H.,Skouteris, H.,Teede, H. (2020). Bridging the research-practice gap in healthcare: A rapid review of research translation centres in England and Australia In: Health Research Policy and Systems, 18, 1 - 17
- Robinson, T.,Skouteris, H.,Burns, P.,Melder, A.,Bailey, C.,Croft, C.,Spyridonidis, D.,Teede, H. (2020). Flipping the paradigm: A qualitative exploration of research translation centres in the United Kingdom and Australia In: Health Research Policy and Systems, 18, 1 - 14
- Melder, A.,Burns, P.,McLoughlin, I.,Teede, H. (2018). Examining 'institutional entrepreneurship' in healthcare redesign and improvement through comparative case study research: A study protocol In: BMJ Open, 8, 1 - 8
- Burns, P.,Nyland, C.,Cooney, R.,Schapper, J. (2017). Moral shocks and small wins: Encouraging firms based in liberal societies to behave integratively towards former prisoners In: Punishment and Society, 19, 417 - 439
- Nyland, C.,Bruce, K.,Burns, P. (2014). Taylorism, the International Labour Organization, and the Genesis and Diffusion of Codetermination In: Organization Studies, 35, 1149 - 1169
1 PhD Current Supervisions