Andrew is a Professor in Sustainability and Urban Planning in the School of Global, Urban and Social Studies (GUSS) and the Centre for Urban Research (CUR) at RMIT.
Andrew is a planning educator and researcher with a focus on rural and regional planning issues. He has a background in planning practice and his current research and supervision is in the area of land use change and planning policy associated with regional Australia, food systems and peri-urban development.
Publications at Google Scholar.
- PhD, La Trobe University
- Master of Environmental Studies, University of Melbourne
- BA (Urban Studies) Victoria University
- Lyne, K.,Williams, C.,Vardoulakis, S.,Butt, A., et al, . (2023). A Research Translation, Implementation and Impact Strategy for the Australian Healthy Environments and Lives (HEAL) Research Network In: International Journal of Environmental Research and Public Health, 20, 1 - 8
- Deilami, K.,Shooshtarian, S.,Rudner, J.,Butt, A.,Amati, M. (2022). Resilience and Adaptation Strategies for Urban Heat at Regional, City and Local Scales In: Disaster Risk Reduction for Resilience, Springer, Switzerland
- Giles-Corti, W.,Saghapour, T.,Turrell, G.,Gunn, L.,Both, A.,Lowe, M.,Rozek, J.,Roberts, R.,Hooper, P.,Butt, A.,Higgs, C. (2022). Spatial and socioeconomic inequities in liveability in Australia'S 21 largest cities: Does city size matter? In: Health and Place, 78, 1 - 16
- Sun, C.,MacLeod, T.,Both, A.,Hurley, J.,Butt, A.,Amati, M. (2021). A human-centred assessment framework to prioritise heat mitigation efforts for active travel at city scale In: Science of the Total Environment, 763, 1 - 39
- Butt, A.,Kroen, A.,Steele, W.,Duhr, S. (2021). Local government co-ordination: metropolitan governance in twenty-first century Australia In: AHURI Final Report, , 1 - 69
- Middha, B.,Butt, A.,Li, T. (2020). Living Locally: Beveridge North West In: Resilient Melbourne, DELWP Melbourne, Australia
- Deilami, K.,Rudner, J.,Butt, A.,MacLeod, T.,Williams, G.,Romeijn, H.,Amati, M. (2020). Allowing Users to Benefit from Tree Shading: Using a Smartphone App to Allow Adaptive Route Planning during Extreme Heat In: Forests, 11, 1 - 15
- Middha, B.,Butt, A.,Li, T. (2020). Living Locally Beveridge North-West Volume I In: Department of Environment, Land, Water and Planning Melbourne, Australia
- Butt, A.,Middha, B.,Li, T. (2020). Living Locally Beveridge North-West Volume II :Consideration of, precinct structure planning and 20-minute neighbourhoods in greenfield areas In: Department of Environment, Land, Water and Planning Melbourne, Australia
- Giles-Corti, B.,Butt, A.,Zapata-Diomedi, B.,Gunn, L., et al, . (2020). Physical determinants of health: healthy, liveable and sustainable communities In: Medical Journal of Australia, 214, 17 - 21
2 PhD Completions and 1 Masters by Research Completions5 PhD Current Supervisions
- Integrating housing policy, settlement planning, and disaster prevention, preparedness and response (23/PRO/53331). Funded by: Australian Housing & Urban Research Institute (AHURI) - Competitive from (2023 to 2024)
- Healthy Environments And Lives (HEAL) - National Research Network on Human Health and Environmental Change (administered by Australian National University). Funded by: NHMRC 2020 SPECIAL INITIATIVE IN HUMAN HEALTH AND ENVIRONMENTAL CHANGE from (2022 to 2027)
- Activating social connection to address isolation in Australia (externally led by Swinburne University of Technology). Funded by: ARC Linkage Project Grants 2020 from (2021 to 2024)
- Local Government Co-ordination: Metropolitan Governance in Twenty-first Century Australia. Funded by: AHURI Research Grants 2019 (CAT 1 Generic) from (2019 to 2023)
- Enabling active travel in Australian cities by mapping shadeways (Smart Active Transport - Urban Heat Maps for Bendigo). Funded by: Smart Cities and Suburbs Program - 2017 onwards from (2017 to 2020)