ARC DECRA Fellow in Chemical Engineering
Dr Seungju Kim is an expert in materials science and chemical engineering with a MS in Chemical Engineering and a PhD in Energy Engineering at Hanyang University, Korea. He has recently focused on making polymer-MOF electrospun membranes for seawater desalination and CO2 separation.
- Membrane materials and processes for gas separation, seawater desalination (RO and FO), membrane distillation, nanofiltration, and wastewater treatment.
- Polymer nanofibre membranes for membrane gas absorption and membrane distillation.
- Polymer nanocomposite materials with graphene based and metal organic framework based materials.
- Membrane fabrication (casting, spin-coating, hollow fibre spinning).
Membrane separation, polymers, 2D materials, water desalination by RO and FO, gas separation, membrane distillation, CO2 separation
- Superhydrophobic thermally rearranged membranes for low-energy separation. Funded by: ARC Discovery Early Career Researcher Award (DECRA) 2022 from (2022 to 2025)