Fellowships, scholarships, and awards
A representative list of fellowships, scholarships, and awards are shown below.
- 2011- 2012- Brazil (CNPq) fellowship for International experts- Biomedical Engineering
- 2009- Erasumus Mundus International expert Fellowship
- 2015- IIT Madras Fellowship
Membership of professional societies
- Institute of Electrical and Electronic Engineers (IEEE)
- Australian Society of Medical and Biological Engineers (SMBE)- chair for 3 years.
- ARC Australian Research Network for Intelligent Sensors, Sensor Networks and Signal processing, (ISSNIP) [2006-2011]
- Associate Editor- IEEE Transactions of Neural Systems and Rehabilitation Engineering (TNSRE)
- International editor for Journal of Biomedical Engineering
- Guest editor for number of journals- such as Hindawi (2015), Elsevier (2013),
Chair for international conferences
- Chair of over 25 conferences.
- Founder and chair of IEEE Biosignals and Biorobotics since 2009.
- Electronic engineering, Biomedical engineering, Bio-signal processing, intelligent systems.
- 2 authored books, 8 book chapters, 83 journal articles, 255 conference proceedings.
- Full list of publications can be found in Google Scholar.
- Leader of Biomedical Engineering research
- Electronic Design
- Biomedical Electronics
- Introduction to Biomedical Engineering
- Biomedical Signal Processing
- Research Students mentoring
- 1991 – Ph.D., Biomedical Engg, Indian Institute of Technology, Delhi
- 1983 – Electrical Engg, Indian Institute of Technology, Madras (Chennai)
- Ajaz, A.,Aliahmad, B.,Kumar, H.,Sarossy, M.,Kumar, D. (2020). Association between Optical Coherence Tomography and Fluorescein Angiography based retinal features in the diagnosis of Macular Edema In: Computers in Biology and Medicine, 116, 1 - 6
- Manjeri Keloth, S.,Poosapadi Arjunan, S.,Kumar, D. (2020). Variance of the gait parameters and fraction of double-support interval for determining the severity of parkinson's disease In: Applied Sciences (Switzerland), 10, 1 - 10
- Bhowmik, S.,Motin, M.,Sarossy, M.,Radcliffe, P.,Kumar, D. (2020). Sample entropy analysis of pupillary signals in glaucoma patients and control via light-induced pupillometry In: Proceedings of the 42nd�Annual International Conference of the IEEE Engineering in Medicine and Biology Society (EMBC 2020), Montreal, QC, Canada, 20-24 July 2020
- Gautam, A.,Panwar, M.,Wankhede, A.,Poosapadi Arjunan, S.,Naik, G.,Acharyya, A.,Kumar, D. (2020). LoCoMo-Net: A Low-Complex Deep Learning Framework for sEMG Based Hand Movement Recognition for Prosthetic Control In: IEEE Journal of Translational Engineering in Health and Medicine, 8, 1 - 12
- Puzhavakkathu Madom Viswanatha, R.,Poosapadi Arjunan, S.,Bingham, A.,Jelfs, B.,Kempster, P.,Raghav, S.,Kumar, D. (2019). Complexity Measures of Voice Recordings as a Discriminative Tool for Parkinson's Disease In: Biosensors, 10, 1 - 16
- PuzhavakkathuMadom Viswanathan, R.,Bingham, A.,Raghav, S.,Poosapadi Arjunan, S.,Jelfs, B.,Kempster, P.,Kumar, D. (2019). Normalized Mutual Information of phonetic sound to distinguish the speech of Parkinson�s disease In: Proceedings of the 41st Annual International Conference of the IEEE Engineering in Medicine and Biology Society (EMBS 2019), Berlin, Germany, 23-27 July 2019
- Kumar, D.,Radcliffe, P. (2019). Teaching while surrounded by smartphones In: Proceedings of the 41st Annual International Conference of the IEEE Engineering in Medicine and Biology Society (EMBS 2019), Berlin, Germany, 23-27 July 2019
- Ajaz, A.,Aliahmad, B.,Sarossy, M.,Kumar, D. (2019). Relation Between Retinal Vasculature and Retinal Thickness in Macular Edema In: Proceedings of the 41st Annual International Conference of the IEEE Engineering in Medicine and Biology Society (EMBS 2019), Berlin, Germany, 23-27 July 2019
- Rani, P.,Aliahmad, B.,Kumar, D. (2019). The association of temperature of Diabetic Foot Ulcers with Chronic Kidney Disorder In: Proceedings of the 41st Annual International Conference of the IEEE Engineering in Medicine and Biology Society (EMBS 2019), Berlin, Germany, 23-27 July 2019
- Kumar, D.,Radcliffe, P. (2019). Teaching Surrounded by Smart Phones, Springer Nature, Singapore
- Wearable sensors for gait assessment of neuromotor disorder patients to prevent freezing of gait. Funded by: Promobilia Foundation Sweden: Competitive Grant 2016 onwards from (2020 to 2022)
- Physiological Measures of Hearing Perception Using Function Near-Infrared�Spectroscopy (APR Intern�Rekha Puzhavakkathu Madom Viswanathan). Funded by: Australian Mathematical Sciences Institute Internship from (2020 to 2020)
- Hyperspectral Imaging for Ischaemia Detection. Funded by: Australian Academy of Technology and Engineering Primary Grant 2018 from (2018 to 2019)
- Muscle fatigue monitor. Funded by: Global Connections Fund Bridging Grants 2017 from (2017 to 2018)
- Real-time Spectroscopic system for contaminant detection in red meat. Funded by: Australian Meat Processor Corporation (AMPC) and Meat and Livestock Australia (MLA) Joint Food Safety Program Grant 2016 from (2016 to 2018)
Note: Supervision projects since 2004
25 PhD Completions and 7 Masters by Research Completions3 PhD Current Supervisions
Biomedical engineering, neuromotor control, biosignal phenomena, human computer interaction, back ailments, fatigue.