Fellowships, scholarships, and awards
A representative list of fellowships, scholarships, and awards are shown below.
- 2011- 2012- Brazil (CNPq) fellowship for International experts- Biomedical Engineering
- 2009- Erasumus Mundus International expert Fellowship
- 2015- IIT Madras Fellowship
Membership of professional societies
- Institute of Electrical and Electronic Engineers (IEEE)
- Australian Society of Medical and Biological Engineers (SMBE)- chair for 3 years.
- ARC Australian Research Network for Intelligent Sensors, Sensor Networks and Signal processing, (ISSNIP) [2006-2011]
- Associate Editor- IEEE Transactions of Neural Systems and Rehabilitation Engineering (TNSRE)
- International editor for Journal of Biomedical Engineering
- Guest editor for number of journals- such as Hindawi (2015), Elsevier (2013),
Chair for international conferences
- Chair of over 25 conferences.
- Founder and chair of IEEE Biosignals and Biorobotics since 2009.
- Electronic engineering, Biomedical engineering, Bio-signal processing, intelligent systems.
- 2 authored books, 8 book chapters, 83 journal articles, 255 conference proceedings.
- Full list of publications can be found in Google Scholar.
- Leader of Biomedical Engineering research
- Electronic Design
- Biomedical Electronics
- Introduction to Biomedical Engineering
- Biomedical Signal Processing
- Research Students mentoring
- 1991 – Ph.D., Biomedical Engg, Indian Institute of Technology, Delhi
- 1983 – Electrical Engg, Indian Institute of Technology, Madras (Chennai)
- Sarossy, M.,Crowston, J.,Kumar, D.,Wu, Z. (2022). Empirical mode decomposition denoising of the electroretinogram to enhance measurement of the photopic negative response In: Biomedical Signal Processing and Control, 71, 1 - 8
- Hires, M.,Gazda, M.,Drotar, P.,Pah, N.,Motin, M.,Kumar, D. (2022). Convolutional neural network ensemble for Parkinson's disease detection from voice recordings In: Computers in Biology and Medicine, 141, 1 - 9
- Monshipouri, M.,Aliahmad, B.,Ogrin, R.,Elder, K.,Anderson, J.,Polus, B.,Kumar, D. (2021). Thermal imaging potential and limitations to predict healing of venous leg ulcers In: Scientific Reports, 11, 1 - 11
- Ajaz, A.,Kumar, H.,Kumar, D. (2021). A review of methods for automatic detection of macular edema In: Biomedical Signal Processing and Control, 69, 1 - 15
- Zanna, P.,Kumar, D.,Radcliffe, P. (2021). A novel method for utilizing RF information from IEEE 802.11 frames in Software Defined Networks In: MethodsX, 8, 1 - 7
- Manjeri Keloth, S.,Poosapadi Arjunan, S.,Raghav, S.,Kumar, D. (2021). Muscle activation strategies of people with early-stage Parkinson’s during walking In: Journal of NeuroEngineering and Rehabilitation, 18, 1 - 15
- Ngo, Q.,Bhowmik, S.,Sarossy, M.,Kumar, D. (2021). Pupillary Complexity for the Screening of Glaucoma In: IEEE Access, 9, 144871 - 144879
- Sarossy, M.,Kumar, D.,Wu, Z. (2021). Relationship between Glaucoma and Complexity Measures of the Electroretinogram In: Proceedings of the 7th International conference on Bio Signals, Images, and Instrumentation (ICBSII 2021), Chennai, India, 25-27 March 2021
- Peters, J.,Motin, M.,Shajahan, S.,Kumar, D. K. et al, . (2021). Computerised analysis of writing and drawing by essential tremor phenotype In: BMJ Neurology Open, 3, 1 - 9
- Sarossy, M.,Crowston, J.,Kumar, D.,Weymouth, A.,Wu, Z. (2021). Prediction of glaucoma severity using parameters from the electroretinogram In: Scientific Reports, 11, 1 - 9
- Innovation Connections Project - Smart glove for training and monitoring chiropractic spinal adjustive therapy. Funded by: Innovation Connections grant - Cat 1 from (2022 to 2022)
- Wearable sensors for gait assessment of neuromotor disorder patients to prevent freezing of gait. Funded by: Promobilia Foundation Sweden: Competitive Grant 2016 onwards from (2020 to 2022)
- Physiological Measures of Hearing Perception Using Function Near-Infrared Spectroscopy (APR Intern Rekha Puzhavakkathu Madom Viswanathan). Funded by: Australian Mathematical Sciences Institute Internship from (2020 to 2020)
- Hyperspectral Imaging for Ischaemia Detection. Funded by: Australian Academy of Technology and Engineering Primary Grant 2018 from (2018 to 2019)
- Muscle fatigue monitor. Funded by: Global Connections Fund Bridging Grants 2017 from (2017 to 2018)
Note: Supervision projects since 2004
25 PhD Completions and 7 Masters by Research Completions6 PhD Current Supervisions and 1 Masters by Research Current Supervisions
Biomedical engineering, neuromotor control, biosignal phenomena, human computer interaction, back ailments, fatigue.