Fellowships, scholarships, and awards
A representative list of fellowships, scholarships, and awards are shown below.
- 2011- 2012- Brazil (CNPq) fellowship for International experts- Biomedical Engineering
- 2009- Erasumus Mundus International expert Fellowship
- 2015- IIT Madras Fellowship
Membership of professional societies
- Institute of Electrical and Electronic Engineers (IEEE)
- Australian Society of Medical and Biological Engineers (SMBE)- chair for 3 years.
- ARC Australian Research Network for Intelligent Sensors, Sensor Networks and Signal processing, (ISSNIP) [2006-2011]
- Associate Editor- IEEE Transactions of Neural Systems and Rehabilitation Engineering (TNSRE)
- International editor for Journal of Biomedical Engineering
- Guest editor for number of journals- such as Hindawi (2015), Elsevier (2013),
Chair for international conferences
- Chair of over 25 conferences.
- Founder and chair of IEEE Biosignals and Biorobotics since 2009.
- Electronic engineering, Biomedical engineering, Bio-signal processing, intelligent systems.
- 2 authored books, 8 book chapters, 83 journal articles, 255 conference proceedings.
- Full list of publications can be found in Google Scholar.
- Leader of Biomedical Engineering research
- Electronic Design
- Biomedical Electronics
- Introduction to Biomedical Engineering
- Biomedical Signal Processing
- Research Students mentoring
- 1991 – Ph.D., Biomedical Engg, Indian Institute of Technology, Delhi
- 1983 – Electrical Engg, Indian Institute of Technology, Madras (Chennai)
- Aliahmad, B.,Tint, A.,Poosapadi Arjunan, S.,Rani, P.,Kumar, D.,Miller, J.,Zajac, J.,Wang, G.,Ekinci, E. (2019). Is Thermal Imaging a Useful Predictor of the Healing Status of Diabetes-Related Foot Ulcers? A Pilot Study In: Journal of Diabetes Science and Technology, , 1 - 10
- Khojasteh, P.,Junior, L.,Carvalho, T.,Rezende, E.,Aliahmad, B.,Papa, J.,Kumar, D. (2019). Exudate detection in fundus images using deeply-learnable features In: Computers in Biology and Medicine, 104, 62 - 69
- Khojasteh, P.,Aliahmad, B.,Kumar, D. (2019). A novel color space of fundus images for automatic exudates detection In: Biomedical signal processing and control, 49, 240 - 249
- Zham, P.,Kumar, D.,Puzhavakkathu Madom Viswanatha, R.,Wong, K.,Nagao, K.,Poosapadi Arjunan, S.,Raghav, S.,Kempster, P. (2019). Effect of levodopa on handwriting tasks of different complexity in Parkinson�s disease: a kinematic study In: Journal of Neurology, 266, 1376 - 1382
- Ajaz, A.,Aliahmad, B.,Kumar, H.,Sarossy, M.,Kumar, D. (2019). Agreement study between color and IR retinal images based on retinal vasculature morphological parameters In: BMC Ophthalmology, 19, 1 - 9
- Zham, P.,Raghav, S.,Kempster, P.,Poosapadi Arjunan, S.,Wong, K.,Nagao, K.,Kumar, D. (2019). A Kinematic Study of Progressive Micrographia in Parkinson's Disease In: Frontiers in Neurology, 10, 1 - 8
- Manjeri Keloth, S.,PuzhavakkathuMadom Viswanathan, R.,Jelfs, B.,Poosapadi Arjunan, S.,Raghav, S.,Kumar, D. (2019). Which Gait Parameters and Walking Patterns Show the Significant Differences Between Parkinson's Disease and Healthy Participants? In: Biosensors, 9, 1 - 1
- Kumar, D.,Jelfs, B.,Sui, X.,Poosapadi Arjunan, S. (2019). Prosthetic hand control: A multidisciplinary review to identify strengths, shortcomings, and the future In: Biomedical Signal Processing and Control, 53, 1 - 31
- Rani, P.,Aliahmad, B.,Kumar, D. (2019). Curve irregularity index for quantification of roughness in non-fractal curves In: Physica A: Statistical Mechanics and its Applications, 528, 1 - 7
- Ogrin, R.,Puzhavakkathu Madom Viswanatha, R.,Aylen, T.,Wallace, F.,Scott, J.,Kumar, D. (2018). Co-design of an evidence-based health education diabetes foot app to prevent serious foot complications: a feasibility study In: Practical Diabetes, 35, 203 - 209
- Hyperspectral Imaging for Ischaemia Detection. Funded by: Australian Academy of Technology and Engineering Primary Grant 2018 from (2018 to 2019)
- Muscle fatigue monitor. Funded by: Global Connections Fund Bridging Grants 2017 from (2017 to 2018)
- Real-time Spectroscopic system for contaminant detection in red meat. Funded by: Australian Meat Processor Corporation (AMPC) and Meat and Livestock Australia (MLA) Joint Food Safety Program Grant 2016 from (2016 to 2018)
- Keeping Feet Healthy with Diabetes. Funded by: Royal District Nursing Service Grant 2016 from (2016 to 2017)
- Promoting inclusive healthcare - implementing a framework to support diversity in aged care.. Funded by: Royal District Nursing Service Grant 2016 from (2016 to 2017)
Note: Supervision projects since 2004
22 PhD Completions and 7 Masters by Research Completions6 PhD Current Supervisions
Biomedical engineering, neuromotor control, biosignal phenomena, human computer interaction, back ailments, fatigue.