Professor Dinesh Kumar
College / Portfolio: STEM College
School / Department: STEM|School of Engineering
Campus: City Campus
Contact me about: Research supervision, Media comments
Fellowships, scholarships, and awards
A representative list of fellowships, scholarships, and awards are shown below.
- 2011- 2012- Brazil (CNPq) fellowship for International experts- Biomedical Engineering
- 2009- Erasumus Mundus International expert Fellowship
- 2015- IIT Madras Fellowship
Membership of professional societies
- Institute of Electrical and Electronic Engineers (IEEE)
- Australian Society of Medical and Biological Engineers (SMBE)- chair for 3 years.
- ARC Australian Research Network for Intelligent Sensors, Sensor Networks and Signal processing, (ISSNIP) [2006-2011]
- Associate Editor- IEEE Transactions of Neural Systems and Rehabilitation Engineering (TNSRE)
- International editor for Journal of Biomedical Engineering
- Guest editor for number of journals- such as Hindawi (2015), Elsevier (2013),
Chair for international conferences
- Chair of over 25 conferences.
- Founder and chair of IEEE Biosignals and Biorobotics since 2009.
- Electronic engineering, Biomedical engineering, Bio-signal processing, intelligent systems.
- 2 authored books, 8 book chapters, 83 journal articles, 255 conference proceedings.
- Full list of publications can be found in Google Scholar.
- Leader of Biomedical Engineering research
- Electronic Design
- Biomedical Electronics
- Introduction to Biomedical Engineering
- Biomedical Signal Processing
- Research Students mentoring
- 1991 – Ph.D., Biomedical Engg, Indian Institute of Technology, Delhi
- 1983 – Electrical Engg, Indian Institute of Technology, Madras (Chennai)
- Ogrin, R.,Motin, M.,Aliahmad, B.,Elder, K.,Anderson, J.,Kumar, D. (2023). Can Thermal Imaging Technique be Used to Predict the Healing Status of a Venous Leg Ulcer? In: International Journal of Lower Extremity Wounds, 22, 85 - 92
- Sarossy, M.,Crowston, J.,Kumar, D.,Wu, Z. (2022). Empirical mode decomposition denoising of the electroretinogram to enhance measurement of the photopic negative response In: Biomedical Signal Processing and Control, 71, 1 - 8
- Hires, M.,Gazda, M.,Drotar, P.,Pah, N.,Motin, M.,Kumar, D. (2022). Convolutional neural network ensemble for Parkinson's disease detection from voice recordings In: Computers in Biology and Medicine, 141, 1 - 9
- Shajahan, S.,Arjunan, S.,Peters, J.,Perju-Dumbrava, L.,Ding, C.,Eller, M.,Raghav, S.,Kempster, P.,Motin, M.,Radcliffe, P.,Kumar, D. (2022). Wearable sensors during drawing tasks to measure the severity of essential tremor In: Scientific Reports, 12, 1 - 10
- Pah, N.,Motin, M.,Kumar, D. (2022). Phonemes based detection of parkinson’s disease for telehealth applications In: Scientific Reports, 12, 1 - 9
- Mohonta, S.,Motin, M.,Kumar, D. (2022). Electrocardiogram based arrhythmia classification using wavelet transform with deep learning model In: Sensing and Bio-Sensing Research, 37, 1 - 8
- Selvan, S.,Arjunan, S.,Swaminathan, R.,Kumar, D. (2022). Complexity Analysis in the PR, QT, RR and ST Segments of ECG for Early Assessment of Severity in Cardiac Autonomic Neuropathy In: Applied Sciences, 12, 1 - 12
- Pah, N.,Indrawat, V.,Kumar, D. (2022). Voice Features of Sustained Phoneme as COVID-19 Biomarker In: IEEE Journal of Translational Engineering in Health and Medicine, 10, 1 - 9
- Ngo, Q.,Motin, M.,Pah, N.,Drotar, P.,Kempster, P.,Kumar, D. (2022). Computerized analysis of speech and voice for Parkinson's disease: A systematic review In: Computer Methods and Programs in Biomedicine, 226, 1 - 20
- Zanna, P.,Radcliffe, P.,Kumar, D. (2022). Preventing Attacks on Wireless Networks Using SDN Controlled OODA Loops and Cyber Kill Chains In: Sensors, 22, 1 - 1
- Core partner agreement Australian Centre for Accelerating Diabetes Innovations (ACADI) (administered by the University of Melbourne). Funded by: Medical Research Future Fund from (2022 to 2026)
- Innovation Connections Project - Smart glove for training and monitoring chiropractic spinal adjustive therapy. Funded by: Innovation Connections grant - Cat 1 from (2022 to 2023)
- Wearable sensors for gait assessment of neuromotor disorder patients to prevent freezing of gait. Funded by: Promobilia Foundation Sweden: Competitive Grant 2016 onwards from (2020 to 2022)
- Physiological Measures of Hearing Perception Using Function Near-Infrared Spectroscopy (APR Intern Rekha Puzhavakkathu Madom Viswanathan). Funded by: Australian Mathematical Sciences Institute Internship from (2020 to 2020)
- Hyperspectral Imaging for Ischaemia Detection. Funded by: Australian Academy of Technology and Engineering Primary Grant 2018 from (2018 to 2019)
Note: Supervision projects since 2004
26 PhD Completions and 7 Masters by Research Completions6 PhD Current Supervisions
Biomedical engineering, neuromotor control, biosignal phenomena, human computer interaction, back ailments, fatigue.