Fellowships, scholarships, and awards
A representative list of fellowships, scholarships, and awards are shown below.
- 2011- 2012- Brazil (CNPq) fellowship for International experts- Biomedical Engineering
- 2009- Erasumus Mundus International expert Fellowship
- 2015- IIT Madras Fellowship
Membership of professional societies
- Institute of Electrical and Electronic Engineers (IEEE)
- Australian Society of Medical and Biological Engineers (SMBE)- chair for 3 years.
- ARC Australian Research Network for Intelligent Sensors, Sensor Networks and Signal processing, (ISSNIP) [2006-2011]
- Associate Editor- IEEE Transactions of Neural Systems and Rehabilitation Engineering (TNSRE)
- International editor for Journal of Biomedical Engineering
- Guest editor for number of journals- such as Hindawi (2015), Elsevier (2013),
Chair for international conferences
- Chair of over 25 conferences.
- Founder and chair of IEEE Biosignals and Biorobotics since 2009.
- Electronic engineering, Biomedical engineering, Bio-signal processing, intelligent systems.
- 2 authored books, 8 book chapters, 83 journal articles, 255 conference proceedings.
- Full list of publications can be found in Google Scholar.
- Leader of Biomedical Engineering research
- Electronic Design
- Biomedical Electronics
- Introduction to Biomedical Engineering
- Biomedical Signal Processing
- Research Students mentoring
- 1991 – Ph.D., Biomedical Engg, Indian Institute of Technology, Delhi
- 1983 – Electrical Engg, Indian Institute of Technology, Madras (Chennai)
- Khojasteh, P.,Junior, L.,Carvalho, T.,Rezende, E.,Aliahmad, B.,Papa, J.,Kumar, D. (2019). Exudate detection in fundus images using deeply-learnable features In: Computers in Biology and Medicine, 104, 62 - 69
- Khojasteh, P.,Aliahmad, B.,Kumar, D. (2019). A novel color space of fundus images for automatic exudates detection In: Biomedical signal processing and control, 49, 240 - 249
- Naik, G.,Selvan, S.,Poosapadi Arjunan, S.,Acharyya, A.,Kumar, D.,Ramanujam, A.,Nguyen, H. (2018). An ICA-EBM-based sEMG classifier for recognizing lower limb movements in individuals with and without knee pathology In: IEEE Transactions on Neural Systems and Rehabilitation Engineering, 26, 675 - 686
- Poosapadi Arjunan, S.,Aliahmad, B.,Kumar, D.,Shukla, R.,Puzhavakkathu Madom Viswanatha, R. (2018). High-Resolution Spectral Analysis Accurately Identifies the Bacterial Signature in Infected Chronic Foot Ulcers in People With Diabetes In: International Journal of Lower Extremity Wounds, 17, 78 - 86
- Aliahmad, B.,Poosapadi Arjunan, S.,Kumar, D.,Rani, P. (2018). Is Thermal Imaging a Useful Predictor of the Healing Status of Diabetes-Related Foot Ulcers? A Pilot Study In: Journal of Diabetes Science and Technology, 00, 1 - 10
- Siddiqi, A.,Poosapadi Arjunan, S.,Kumar, D. (2018). Computational model to investigate the relative contributions of different neuromuscular properties of tibialis anterior on force generated during ankle dorsiflexion In: Medical and Biological Engineering and Computing, 56, 1413 - 1423
- Khojasteh, P.,Aliahmad, B.,Kumar, D. (2018). Fundus images analysis using deep features for detection of exudates, hemorrhages and microaneurysms In: BMC Ophthalmology, 18, 1 - 13
- Khojasteh, P.,Aliahmad, B.,Poosapadi Arjunan, S.,Kumar, D. (2018). Introducing a Novel Layer in Convolutional Neural Network for Automatic Identification of Diabetic Retinopathy In: Proceedings of the 40th Annual International Conference of the IEEE Engineering in Medicine and Biology Society (EMBC 2018), Honolulu, Hawaii, United States, 18-21 July 2018
- Khojasteh, P.,Puzhavakkathu Madom Viswanatha, R.,Aliahmad, B.,Ragnav, S.,Zham, P.,Kumar, D. (2018). Parkinson's Disease Diagnosis Based on Multivariate Deep Features of Speech Signal In: Proceedings of the 2nd IEEE Life Sciences Conference (LSC 2018), Montreal, Quebec, Canada, 28-30 October 2018
- Puzhavakkathu Madom Viswanatha, R.,Khojasteh, P.,Aliahmad, B.,Poosapadi Arjunan, S.,Ragnav, S.,Kempster, P.,Wong, K.,Nagao, J.,Kumar, D. (2018). Efficiency of Voice Features Based on Consonant for Detection of Parkinson's Disease In: Proceedings of the 2nd IEEE Life Sciences Conference (LSC 2018), Montreal, Quebec, Canada, 28-30 October 2018
- Hyperspectral Imaging for Ischaemia Detection. Funded by: Australian Academy of Technology and Engineering Primary Grant 2018 from (2018 to 2019)
- Muscle fatigue monitor. Funded by: Global Connections Fund Bridging Grants 2017 from (2017 to 2018)
- Real-time Spectroscopic system for contaminant detection in red meat. Funded by: Australian Meat Processor Corporation (AMPC) and Meat and Livestock Australia (MLA) Joint Food Safety Program Grant 2016 from (2016 to 2018)
- Keeping Feet Healthy with Diabetes. Funded by: Royal District Nursing Service Grant 2016 from (2016 to 2017)
- Promoting inclusive healthcare - implementing a framework to support diversity in aged care.. Funded by: Royal District Nursing Service Grant 2016 from (2016 to 2017)
Note: Supervision projects since 2004
18 PhD Completions and 7 Masters by Research Completions8 PhD Current Supervisions
Biomedical engineering, neuromotor control, biosignal phenomena, human computer interaction, back ailments, fatigue.