Dr Mohammad Saberian Boroujeni is a professional and experienced civil engineer with a PhD in civil engineering-geotechnical engineering from RMIT University.
Dr Mohammad Saberian Boroujeni is a professional and experienced civil engineer with a PhD in civil engineering-geotechnical engineering from RMIT University. He is currently working as a Vice Chancellor's Postdoctoral Fellow in the School of Engineering, RMIT University. Dr Saberian has outstanding knowledge, teaching experiences, and research background in the fields of geotechnics, pavements, circular economy and sustainability, waste management, applications of waste materials in civil engineering, soil stabilisations, foundations, tailings, earthworks, slope stability, concrete and infrastructures, artificial neural network, dry mix, cementitious compounds, construction materials, binders, and the chemistry of materials. He has authored more than 60 Scopus-indexed journal papers published in peer-reviewed academic journals.
Dr Saberian has received 9 competitive awards at the State and University levels, including the prestigious 2022 Malcolm Moore Industry Research Award, 2021 Victoria Fellowship, 2021 RMIT DVC Higher Degree by Research Prize, 2021 STEM Media Star Award, 2021 RMIT Prize for Best PhD Thesis, 2020 RMIT Prize for Research Excellence, 2020 HDR Publication Prize, 2019 APR Intern Impact Prize, and 2018 Ford Publication Prize.
His world-first research on repurposing COVID-19 waste for pavement application, which is in the top 5% of all research outputs ever tracked by Altmetric, published in 2021, has received outstanding national and international media coverage. This research has been covered by over 700 mainstream and industry media and over 25 live radio interviews, including The New York Times, Engineers Australia, The Age, Engineers Australia, ASCE Civil Engineering Magazine, Herald Sun, 7news, The Guardian, The Daily Telegraph, Daily Mail, Sustainability Matters, WORLD HIGHWAYS, etc. It was also promoted by Invest Victoria and the Australian Embassy Australian Ambassador to China, Belgium, Sweden, Finland & Latvia, and Thailand.
He also has more than five years of industry-related work experience in Australia and overseas in the fields of geotechnics, pavements, concrete and infrastructures, cementitious compounds, dry mix, construction materials, and binders.
- Beygi, M.,Keshavarz, A.,Abbaspour, M.,Vali, R.,Saberian Boroujeni, M.,Li, J. (2022). Finite element limit analysis of the seismic bearing capacity of strip footing adjacent to excavation in c-f soil In: Geomechanics and Geoengineering, 17, 246 - 259
- Saberian Boroujeni, M.,Perera, S.,Li, J.,Zhu, J.,Wang, G. (2022). Effect of Crushed Glass on the Shear Behavior of Recycled Unbound Granular Aggregates Incorporating Crumb Rubber In: International Journal of Pavement Research and Technology, 15, 1079 - 1092
- Wang, G.,Li, J.,Saberian, M.,Rahat, M.,Massarra, C.,Buckhalter, C.,Farrington, J.,Collins, T.,Johnson, J. (2022). Use of COVID-19 single-use face masks to improve the rutting resistance of asphalt pavement In: Science of the Total Environment, 826, 1 - 9
- Maghfouri, M.,Alimohammadi, V.,Gupta, R.,Saberian Boroujeni, M.,Azarsa, P.,Hashemi, M.,Asadi, I.,Roychand, R. (2022). Drying shrinkage properties of expanded polystyrene (EPS) lightweight aggregate concrete: A review In: Case Studies in Construction Materials, 16, 1 - 12
- Rahman, F.,Adil, W.,Raheel, M.,Saberian, M.,Li, J.,Maqsood, T. (2022). Experimental investigation of high replacement of cement by pumice in cement mortar: A mechanical, durability and microstructural study In: Journal of Building Engineering, 49, 1 - 14
- Kazemi, M.,Daneshfar, M.,Zandi, Y.,Agdas, A.,Yousefieh, N.,Mohammadifar, L.,Rahmani, A.,Saberian Boroujeni, M.,Mamdouh, A.,Khadimallah, M.,Li, J. (2022). Effects of the Concrete Strength and FRP Reinforcement Type on the Non-Linear Behavior of Concrete Deep Beams In: Sustainability, 14, 1 - 29
- Kilmartin-Lynch, S.,Roychand, R.,Saberian Boroujeni, M.,Li, J.,Zhang, K. (2022). Application of COVID-19 single-use shredded nitrile gloves in structural concrete: Case study from Australia In: Science of the Total Environment, 812, 1 - 6
- Jazebi, M.,Ahmadi, M.,Saberian Boroujeni, M.,Li, J.,Sahebalzamani, P. (2022). Performance of Open and In-Filled (Geofoam) Trenches in Mitigating Ground-Borne Vibrations Induced by Impact Loading In: International Journal of Pavement Research and Technology, , 1 - 13
- Islam, M.,Li, J.,Wu, Y.,Roychand, R.,Saberian, M. (2022). Design and strength optimization method for the production of structural lightweight concrete: An experimental investigation for the complete replacement of conventional coarse aggregates by waste rubber particles In: Resources, Conservation and Recycling, 184, 1 - 25
- Saberian Boroujeni, M.,Zhang, J.,Gajanayake, A.,Li, J.,Zhang, K.,Saberian Boroujeni, M. (2021). Life cycle assessment (LCA) of concrete containing waste materials: comparative studies In: Handbook of Sustainable Concrete and Industrial Waste Management, Elsevier, Naples, Italy
1 PhD Completions4 PhD Current Supervisions
- Malcolm Moore Research Project Transforming COVID-19 PPE wastes into valuable resources for construction applications: A practical, innovative and sustainable solution. Funded by: Casafico from (2022 to 2023)