Dr Qian (Chayn) Sun is a Lecturer within the School of Science
Dr Chayn Sun is a Lecturer/Spatial Scientist with over 10 years of experience in applying GIS technologies in multi-disciplinary projects and research.
Chayn's primary role is a Lecturer in School of Science teaching science skills and working in the Work Integrated Learning (WIL) area.
She previously worked as a GIS Analyst for a number of projects in New Zealand and Australia, her work included integrating, organising, processing and visualizing spatial data from multiple sources to conduct spatial and statistical analysis and modelling. Since pursuing her PhD at Curtin University, Chayn has been researching in interdisciplinary of geography, environment, human behaviour and transportation and traffic psychology, with a record of leading-author journal articles in those areas. Her current research activities at RMIT are to look at the impact of urban vegetation on urban heat islands (UHI) effect, and active traveling with temperature and tree shadeways information services, etc.
- Van Zuylen, M.,Lee, H.,Wilson, N.,Chee, D.,Vaz, S.,Sun, Q. (2020). Investigating the driving behaviours of learner drivers with Autism Spectrum Disorder: an on-road assessment with Global Navigation Satellite System data In: Advances in Transportation Studies, 51, 35 - 46
- Radosevic, N.,Duckham, M.,Liu, G.,Sun, Q. (2020). Solar radiation modeling with KNIME and Solar Analyst: Increasing environmental model reproducibility using scientific workflows In: Environmental Modelling & Software, 132, 1 - 30
- Jamei, Y.,Rajagopalan, P.,Sun, C. (2019). Spatial structure of surface urban heat island and its relationship with vegetation and built-up areas in Melbourne, Australia In: Science of the Total Environment, 659, 1335 - 1351
- Jamei, Y.,Rajagopalan, P.,Sun, Q. (2019). Time-series dataset on land surface temperature, vegetation, built up areas and other climatic factors in top 20 global cities (2000-2018) In: Data in Brief, 23, 1 - 4
- Campbell, A.,Both, A.,Sun, Q. (2019). Detecting and mapping traffic signs from Google Street View images using deep learning and GIS In: Computers, Environment and Urban Systems, 77, 1 - 11
- Yamaguchi, K.,Nakayama, M.,Sun, Q.,Xia, J. (2019). Prediction of Cognitive Performance of Drivers using Eye Fixation Behaviours In: 2019 23rd International Conference Information Visualisation (IV), Paris, France, France , 2-5 July 2019
- Hurley, J.,Amati, M.,Both, A.,Sun, Q. (2019). Urban Vegetation Cover Change in Melbourne 2012-2018 In: Department of Environment, Land, Water and Planning Melbourne, Australia
- Hurley, J.,Saunders, A.,Amati, M.,Boruff, B.,Both, A.,Sun, Q., et al, . (2019). Melbourne Metropolitan Region Urban Vegetation Cover: 2018 In: Department of Environment, Land, Water and Planning, Victorian Government Melbourne, Australia
- Sun, Q.,Hurley, J.,Amati, M.,Saunders, A.,Arundel, J.,Boruff, B.,Caccetta, P. (2019). Urban Vegetation, Urban Heat Islands and Heat Vulnerability Assessment in Melbourne, 2018 In: Department of�Environment, Land, Water and Planning, Victorian Government Melbourne, Australia
- Butt, A.,Amati, M.,Sun, Q.,Deilami, K. (2019). Planning shadeways in Bendigo: an example of digital planning to adapt to extreme heat In: Proceedings of the 9th State of Australian Cities National Conference (SOAC 2019), Perth, Australia, 3 - 5 December 2019
PhD (Curtin University)
MSc (1st honors) (University of Auckland)
PGDipSci (University of Auckland)
3 PhD Current Supervisions
- Enabling active travel in Australian cities by mapping shadeways (Smart Active Transport - Urban Heat Maps for Bendigo). Funded by: Smart Cities and Suburbs Program - 2017 onwards from (2017 to 2020)