Dr Qian (Chayn) Sun is a Lecturer within the School of Science
Dr Chayn Sun is a Lecturer/Spatial Scientist with over 10 years of experience in applying GIS technologies in multi-disciplinary projects and research.
Chayn's primary role is a Lecturer in School of Science teaching science skills and working in the Work Integrated Learning (WIL) area.
She previously worked as a GIS Analyst for a number of projects in New Zealand and Australia, her work included integrating, organising, processing and visualizing spatial data from multiple sources to conduct spatial and statistical analysis and modelling. Since pursuing her PhD at Curtin University, Chayn has been researching in interdisciplinary of geography, environment, human behaviour and transportation and traffic psychology, with a record of leading-author journal articles in those areas. Her current research activities at RMIT are to look at the impact of urban vegetation on urban heat islands (UHI) effect, and active traveling with temperature and tree shadeways information services, etc.
- Jamei, Y.,Rajagopalan, P.,Sun, C. (2019). Spatial structure of surface urban heat island and its relationship with vegetation and built-up areas in Melbourne, Australia In: Science of the Total Environment, 659, 1335 - 1351
- Jamei, Y.,Rajagopalan, P.,Sun, Q. (2019). Time-series dataset on land surface temperature, vegetation, built up areas and other climatic factors in top 20 global cities (2000-2018) In: Data in Brief, 23, 1 - 4
- Campbell, A.,Both, A.,Sun, Q. (2019). Detecting and mapping traffic signs from Google Street View images using deep learning and GIS In: Computers, Environment and Urban Systems, 77, 1 - 11
- Yamaguchi, K.,Nakayama, M.,Sun, Q.,Xia, J. (2019). Prediction of Cognitive Performance of Drivers using Eye Fixation Behaviours In: 2019 23rd International Conference Information Visualisation (IV), Paris, France, France , 2-5 July 2019
- Sun, Q.,Xia, J.,Foster, J.,Falkmer, T.,Lee, H. (2018). Driving manoeuvre during lane maintenance in older adults: Associations with neuropsychological scores In: Transportation Research Part F: Traffic Psychology and Behaviour, 53, 117 - 129
- Sun, Q.,Xia, J.,He, J.,Foster, J.,Falkmer, T.,Lee, H. (2018). Towards Unpacking Older Drivers' Visual-motor Coordination: A gaze-based integrated driving assessment In: Accident Analysis and Prevention, 113, 85 - 96
- Sun, Q.,Xia, J.,Li, Y.,Foster, J.,Falkmer, T.,Lee, H. (2018). Unpacking older drivers' maneuver at intersections: Their visual-motor coordination and underlying neuropsychological mechanisms In: Transportation Research Part F: Traffic Psychology and Behaviour, 58, 11 - 18
- Sun, Q.,Xia, J.,Foster, J.,Falkmer, T.,Lee, H. (2018). A psycho-Geoinformatics approach for investigating older adults� driving behaviours and underlying cognitive mechanisms In: European Transport Research Review, 10, 1 - 11
- Sun, Q.,Xia, J.,Foster, J.,Falkmer, T.,Lee, H. (2018). Unpacking older drivers' mobility at roundabouts: Their visual-motor coordination through driver-vehicle-environment interactions In: International Journal of Sustainable Transportation, , 1 - 12
- Duncan, J.,Boruff, B.,Saunders, A.,Sun, Q.,Hurley, J.,Amati, M. (2018). Turning down the heat: An enhanced understanding of the relationship between urban vegetation and surface temperature at the city scale In: Science of The Total Environment, 656, 118 - 128
PhD (Curtin University)
MSc (1st honors) (University of Auckland)
PGDipSci (University of Auckland)
3 PhD Current Supervisions