Dr Qian (Chayn) Sun is a Lecturer within the School of Science
Dr Chayn Sun is a Lecturer/Spatial Scientist with over 10 years of experience in applying GIS technologies in multi-disciplinary projects and research.
Chayn's primary role is a Lecturer in School of Science teaching science skills and working in the Work Integrated Learning (WIL) area.
She previously worked as a GIS Analyst for a number of projects in New Zealand and Australia, her work included integrating, organising, processing and visualizing spatial data from multiple sources to conduct spatial and statistical analysis and modelling. Since pursuing her PhD at Curtin University, Chayn has been researching in interdisciplinary of geography, environment, human behaviour and transportation and traffic psychology, with a record of leading-author journal articles in those areas. Her current research activities at RMIT are to look at the impact of urban vegetation on urban heat islands (UHI) effect, and active traveling with temperature and tree shadeways information services, etc.
- Liu, C.,Yang, J.,Yu, X.,Sun, C.,Wong, P.,Zhao, H. (2021). Virtual power plants for a sustainable urban future In: Sustainable Cities and Society, 65, 1 - 18
- Zhou, H.,Sun, Q.,Blane, A.,Hughes, B.,Falkmer, T.,Xia, J. (2021). Investigating On-Road Lane Maintenance and Speed Regulation in Post-Stroke Driving: A Pilot Case�Control Study In: Geriatrics, 6, 1 - 14
- Teofilo, A.,Sun, Q.,Radosevic, N.,Tao, Y.,Iringan, J.,Liu, C. (2021). Investigating potential rooftop solar energy generated by Leased Federal Airports in Australia: Framework and implications In: Journal of Building Engineering, 41, 1 - 14
- Van Zuylen, M.,Lee, H.,Wilson, N.,Chee, D.,Vaz, S.,Sun, Q. (2020). Investigating the driving behaviours of learner drivers with Autism Spectrum Disorder: an on-road assessment with Global Navigation Satellite System data In: Advances in Transportation Studies, 51, 35 - 46
- Radosevic, N.,Duckham, M.,Liu, G.,Sun, Q. (2020). Solar radiation modeling with KNIME and Solar Analyst: Increasing environmental model reproducibility using scientific workflows In: Environmental Modelling & Software, 132, 1 - 30
- Hurley, J.,Saunders, A.,Boruff, B.,Duncan, J.,Knight, G.,Amati, M.,Sun, Q.,Caccetta, P.,Chia, J. (2020). Benchmarking Urban Vegetation Cover: Melbourne, Perth, Sydney In: Department of Environment, Land, Water and Planning Melbourne, Australia
- Sun, C.,MacLeod, T.,Both, A.,Hurley, J.,Butt, A.,Amati, M. (2020). A human-centred assessment framework to prioritise heat mitigation efforts for active travel at city scale In: Science of the Total Environment, 763, 1 - 39
- Sun, Q.,Choy, S.,Chua, Z.,Aitkenhead, I.,Kuleshov, Y. (2020). Geographic Information System for Drought Risk Mapping in Australia - Drought Risk Analyser Web App In: Proceedings of the 13th GeoInformation for Disaster Management Conference (Gi4DM 2020), Sydney, Australia, 30 November�4 December 2020
- Sun, Q.,Hurley, J.,Amati, M.,Saunders, A.,Arundel, J.,Boruff, B.,Caccetta, P. (2019). Urban Vegetation, Urban Heat Islands and Heat Vulnerability Assessment in Melbourne, 2018 In: Department of�Environment, Land, Water and Planning, Victorian Government Melbourne, Australia
- Butt, A.,Amati, M.,Sun, Q.,Deilami, K. (2019). Planning shadeways in Bendigo: an example of digital planning to adapt to extreme heat In: Proceedings of the 9th State of Australian Cities National Conference (SOAC 2019), Perth, Australia, 3 - 5 December 2019
PhD (Curtin University)
MSc (1st honors) (University of Auckland)
PGDipSci (University of Auckland)
6 PhD Current Supervisions
- Enabling active travel in Australian cities by mapping shadeways (Smart Active Transport - Urban Heat Maps for Bendigo). Funded by: Smart Cities and Suburbs Program - 2017 onwards from (2017 to 2020)