RMIT is growing and strengthening its research capability to deliver significant economic, social and environmental impact.
RMIT is driven by impact and, as the world economy transforms, the University has a responsibility to make the resulting changes work for the whole of society. In support of this, RMIT has created a cohesive and supportive environment for entrepreneurship and innovation activity within RMIT’s research network of enabling capability platforms (ECPs), research centres, groups and research collaborations.
Unlike traditional discipline-based research structures, ECPs connect researchers from multiple disciplines and from across all RMIT colleges under a thematic umbrella. This provides a vehicle that allows RMIT to deploy its areas of research excellence to comprehensively address critical local, national, regional and global challenges and capture emerging opportunities.
The role of the ECPs is to:
- drive impact in research and innovation
- enable a significant lift in research capability
- create a cohesive environment for entrepreneurship and innovation activity
- serve as focal points for strategic partnerships
- provide a catalyst for effective impact-associated research training
- underpin enhanced research capability supported by a positive culture of service and support.
Enabling Capability Platforms
Research at RMIT aims to solve critical global problems and to deliver significant economic, social and environmental impact.Enabling Capability Platforms
Each Enabling Capability Platform (ECP) Director is an international leader in their field and highly skilled in establishing multidisciplinary networks with industry partners.ECP Directors