As part of your studies in this certificate, you'll develop the the skills in cyber security and information security fundamentals, including governance, risk, legislative and compliance requirements.
You’ll assess cyber risks and develop strategies for cyber management.
You will also get the opportunity to work on a cyber security strategy project where you’ll conceptualise, develop, and recommend an organisational strategy for a client in partnership with the Cyber Ready Cloud Innovation Centre (CIC) at RMIT and Amazon Web Services (AWS).
As a result of this qualification, you will be able to:
- Develop and advise on cyber security risk and governance strategies
- Design and apply governance and corporate compliance frameworks to protect businesses against cyber security risks and threats
- Manage teams, processes and projects to deliver on risk, governance and security outcomes
- Build an understanding of the implications of law, policy, and ethics in cyber security
- Design appropriate security policy frameworks to protect business and information assets
- Interface with technical cyber security teams and individuals at different levels of organisational hierarchy
The 100% online program means your learning – and graduation – is fast-tracked and focused. You can enrol in any one of our four, ten-week teaching terms each year.
You can view online resources and learning activities, access course materials via Canvas, collaborate with lecturers and fellow students, and access your student email account anywhere, anytime.
Our online learning platform is purpose-built and brings authenticity to your learning experience, available using your laptop, tablet or smartphone. Coursework is delivered in an engaging way and easy to follow.
You will also have access to discussion boards, online forums, electronic assignment submission, the library and business journals.
Assessment is ongoing throughout the teaching period and includes essays, reports, presentations, case studies, quizzes and research projects.