Online Graduate Certificate in Digital Transformation
DurationFull time 9 months, Part-time 1 year
AU$$15,360 (2020 total)
Next intakeJanuary, April, July, October
Next intakeNot applicable
Digital transformation is becoming increasingly important for companies looking to respond to changing market conditions and technological disruption. It focuses on leveraging technology to reimagine a business' strategy, people, and processes to deliver improved customer and business outcomes.
Designed to address the current skills gap preventing businesses’ ability to digitally transform, our Graduate Certificate in Digital Transformation will help you:
- Develop digital, customer-first strategies
- Redesign business and operating models
- Identify digital transformation initiatives and assess return on investment
- Define the people, process and technology capabilities required to undertake transformation
- Understand how to successfully execute transformation
- Turn data and analytics into insights to drive decision making
- Build soft skills for modern businesses like digital leadership, culture change, and agile teamwork.
With a strong focus on governance frameworks and data-driven insights, this course will help you learn how to maximise your company's return on investment by redefining its people, processes, and technological capabilities.
Learning outcomes for this course include:
- Develop digital transformation strategies that incorporate emerging technology to identify new avenues of business value
- Evaluate organisational readiness for digital transformation and identify capability, culture or operational gaps and opportunities
- Formulate business initiatives using insights drawn from multiple internal and external sources
- Enable effective digital transformation through clear articulation of benefits, plans, requirements and metrics
- Foster organisational cultures and team cultures that embrace digital change.
Ideal for mid-senior managers and consultants with some exposure to digital transformations, our project-based assessments mean you’ll create projects for real-world business scenarios.
Being 100% online, you'll get 24/7 on-demand access to the course content, ensuring you don’t have to reduce your work or compromise your lifestyle. Plus, you’ll graduate with a globally recognised postgraduate qualification.
RMIT has a range of longstanding links with industry through our Industry Advisory Committees (IACs) and through research projects, consulting, and industry-sponsored design projects. Membership of these committees includes industry executives and past graduates from the school. Their involvement ensures that our courses remain relevant to your needs as a graduate and to the needs of graduate employers, and the changing needs of industry.
Dr Paul Cerotti - Program Manager, RMIT
Dr Paul Cerotti has had a long and distinguished career in teaching and learning. He is the Director of the Master of Commerce, a position that he has held for the past 10 years. Paul is passionate about globalisation and has devoted the last 18 years to developing award winning global programs for students to travel and study to varied locations.
This Graduate Certificate comprises three core subjects, and the choice of one Future Skills elective bundle.
Digital Transformation Strategy and Governance
This subject lays down the strategy and governance groundwork required for a digital transformation:
- Identify opportunities for digital transformation and develop innovative and compelling strategies
- Explore digital business and operating models including governance structures
- Uncover how emerging technologies will create business value
- Apply key frameworks around organisational strategy, transformation management, and organisational theory
Digital Transformation Enablers
This subject interrogates the fundamental enablers required to successfully undertake digital transformation:
- Develop the mindset, organisational culture and team to embrace and drive change
- Make data-driven decisions from generated insights and identify valuable data sources
- Explore how technology can facilitate personalised experience, processes, and products
- Understand frameworks around change theory, organisational culture, business analytics, technology strategy, and data visualisation.
Digital Transformation Execution
This subject addresses how to execute a transformation on an initiative level:
- Understand how capability, communication and operational challenges often leads to transformation failure
- Explore how to mitigate transformation challenges and sell your vision by developing key artefacts such as business cases, budgets, and initiative roadmaps
- Comprehend the key theories and frameworks around effective communication, project evaluation, cost and benefit analysis, and project management.
Future Skills bundle
For this subject, you'll choose from one of the following Future Skills bundles:
- Digital Leadership + Digital Delivery with Agile
- Digital Leadership + Customer Experience Strategy and Design
- Cyber Security Risk and Strategy + Developing Blockchain Strategy
- Cyber Security Risk and Strategy + Developing AI Strategy.
International students are required to provide current evidence of English language proficiency for admission to RMIT University. You can provide your results from one of these three options:
- An accepted English language proficiency test, or
- An accepted English language provider, or
- A recognised Australian or international qualification.
2020 indicative fees
Full-fee places: AU$$15,360.
- Other items related to your program, including field trips, textbooks and equipment.
Annual fee adjustment
Amount quoted is the 2020 total program tuition fee, and is based on a total annual load of 48 credit points. A proportionate fee applies for more or less than the full-time study load.
Fees are adjusted on an annual basis and these fees should only be used as a guide.
Defer your payment
This program is offered on a full-fee paying basis only. If you are offered a place, you will need to pay the full tuition costs of your program. However, eligible students (such as Australian citizens or holders of an Australian permanent humanitarian visa) may apply to defer payment of some or all of their tuition fees via the Commonwealth Government’s FEE-HELP loan scheme.
Learn more about fees for postgraduate study.
How does a HELP loan work?
If your FEE-HELP and/or SA-HELP loan application is successful, the Australian Government will pay RMIT, on your behalf, up to 100% of your fees. This amount will become part of your accumulated HELP debt.
You only start repaying your accumulated HELP debt to the Australian Government once you earn above the minimum income threshold for repayment, which is set each year by the Australian Government (this also applies if you are still studying). The Australian Taxation Office (ATO) will calculate your compulsory repayment for the year and include this on your income tax notice.
This program is approved for income support.
You may be eligible for student income support payments from the Commonwealth Government if you are undertaking a graduate certificate, graduate diploma or an approved professionally oriented masters by coursework program. For more information see Income support for Masters students.
If you are enrolled in an eligible program you will also need to satisfy all other student payment eligibility requirements. You can contact Centrelink or the Department of Human Services for further information about student income support entitlements, your eligibility and how to apply.
In addition to tuition fees you also need to pay for:
- Student services and amenities fee (SSAF) in each calendar year.
- Overseas Student Health Cover (OSHC) - Student visa holders must have cover for the total duration of their visa.
- Some programs incur additional expenses.
You also need to account for your living expenses. Estimate the cost of living in Melbourne.