Mahsa Majzoobi is a Vice-Chancellor's Senior Research Fellow at RMIT. She has about 15 years of international academic and research experience in plant food products especially in grain chemistry and processing, starch manufacturing, characterisation and modification, food waste transformation through upcycling and value-addition, and novel trends in food productions such as functional foods, vitamin-fortified foods, meat-free, low GI, and gluten-free products, has published about 150 research and review papers/book chapters.
Mahsa has developed a professional portfolio by working across the food supply chain with NSW Department of Primary Industries, CSU and RMIT Universities and has conducted/led research projects for several food and grain industries. Mahsa' research outputs have helped food industry solve its technological/operation problems related to food manufacturing, reducing/transforming food waste, new product development, sensory/consumer behaviour and value-addition.
- Postgraduates supervision
- PhD, Master of Science and Bachelor of Science in Food Science and Technology.
- Graduate Certificate in Teaching and Learning at Higher Education
- Starch manufacturing and processing
- Bakery industry
- Grain industry
- Mao, L.,Mhaske, P.,Farahnaky, A.,Majzoobi, M. (2023). Effect of Dry Heating on Some Physicochemical Properties of Protein-Coated High Amylose and Waxy Corn Starch In: Foods, 12, 1 - 20
- Gavahian, M.,Bannikoppa, A.,Majzoobi, M.,Hsieh, C.,Lin, J.,Farahnaky, A. (2023). Fenugreek bioactive compounds: A review of applications and extraction based on emerging technologies In: Critical Reviews in Food Science and Nutrition, , 1 - 18
- Majzoobi, M.,Jafarzadeh, S.,Teimouri, S.,Ghasemlou, M.,Hadidi, M.,Brennan, C. (2023). The Role of Ancient Grains in Alleviating Hunger and Malnutrition In: Foods, 12, 1 - 18
- Jiang, Y.,Zang, K.,Sun, J.,Chandrapala, J.,Brennan, C.,Majzoobi, M.,Zeng, X. (2023). Characterization and stability investigation of rhein encapsulated microcapsules using different enteric biopolymers with pullulan and Jiuzao glutelin conjugates via Maillard reaction In: Food Research International, 172, 1 - 13
- Mhaske, P.,Wang, Z.,Farahnaky, A.,Kasapis, S.,Majzoobi, M. (2022). Green and clean modification of cassava starch–effects on composition, structure, properties and digestibility In: Critical Reviews in Food Science and Nutrition, 62, 7801 - 7826
- Manyatsi, T.,Al-Hilphy, A.,Majzoobi, M.,Farahnaky, A.,Gavahian, M. (2022). Effects of infrared heating as an emerging thermal technology on physicochemical properties of foods In: Critical Reviews in Food Science and Nutrition, , 1 - 12
- Wang, Z.,Mhaske, P.,Farahnaky, A.,Kasapis, S.,Majzoobi, M. (2022). Cassava starch: Chemical modification and its impact on functional properties and digestibility, a review In: Food Hydrocolloids, 129, 1 - 19
- Majzoobi, M.,Ghiasi, F.,Eskandari, M.,Farahnaky, A. (2022). Roasted Wheat Germ: A Natural Plant Product in Development of Nutritious Milk Pudding; Physicochemical and Nutritional Properties In: Foods, 11, 1 - 11
- Sharifi, S.,Majzoobi, M.,Farahnaky, A. (2021). Effects of particle size and moisture content of maize grits on physical properties of expanded snacks In: Journal of Texture Studies, 52, 110 - 123
- Majzoobi, M.,Farahnaky, A. (2021). Granular cold-water swelling starch; properties, preparation and applications, a review In: Food Hydrocolloids, 111, 1 - 11
- Improving freekeh nutritional and technological quality through novel approaches. Funded by: Edlyn Foods Pty Ltd - Scholarship from (2023 to 2027)
- Developing Functional Cellulose for Application in Shelf Stable Beverages. Funded by: Innovation Connections grant - Cat 1 from (2022 to 2023)
4 PhD Current Supervisions