Dr. Mahsa Majzoobi
Mahsa Majzoobi is a Vice-Chancellor's Senior Research Fellow at RMIT. She has about 15 years of international academic and research experience in plant food products especially in grain chemistry and processing, starch manufacturing, characterisation and modification, food waste transformation through upcycling and value-addition, and novel trends in food productions such as functional foods, vitamin-fortified foods, meat-free, low GI, and gluten-free products, has published about 150 research and review papers/book chapters.
Mahsa has developed a professional portfolio by working across the food supply chain with NSW Department of Primary Industries, CSU and RMIT Universities and has conducted/led research projects for several food and grain industries. Mahsa' research outputs have helped food industry solve its technological/operation problems related to food manufacturing, reducing/transforming food waste, new product development, sensory/consumer behaviour and value-addition.
- Postgraduates supervision
- PhD, Master of Science and Bachelor of Science in Food Science and Technology.
- Graduate Certificate in Teaching and Learning at Higher Education
- Starch manufacturing and processing
- Bakery industry
- Grain industry
- Mhaske, P.,Wang, Z.,Farahnaky, A.,Kasapis, S.,Majzoobi, M. (2022). Green and clean modification of cassava starch–effects on composition, structure, properties and digestibility In: Critical Reviews in Food Science and Nutrition, 62, 7801 - 7826
- Manyatsi, T.,Al-Hilphy, A.,Majzoobi, M.,Farahnaky, A.,Gavahian, M. (2022). Effects of infrared heating as an emerging thermal technology on physicochemical properties of foods In: Critical Reviews in Food Science and Nutrition, , 1 - 12
- Wang, Z.,Mhaske, P.,Farahnaky, A.,Kasapis, S.,Majzoobi, M. (2022). Cassava starch: Chemical modification and its impact on functional properties and digestibility, a review In: Food Hydrocolloids, 129, 1 - 19
- Majzoobi, M.,Ghiasi, F.,Eskandari, M.,Farahnaky, A. (2022). Roasted Wheat Germ: A Natural Plant Product in Development of Nutritious Milk Pudding; Physicochemical and Nutritional Properties In: Foods, 11, 1 - 11
- Mao, L.,Mhaske, P.,Jing, X.,Kasapis, S.,Majzoobi, M.,Farahnaky, A. (2021). Cold plasma: Microbial inactivation and effects on quality attributes of fresh and minimally processed fruits and Ready-To-Eat vegetables In: Trends in Food Science and Technology, 116, 146 - 175
- Pleming, D.,Farahnaky, A.,Majzoobi, M. (2021). Effects of bread making methods, lupin variety and gluten powder on the quality of bread enriched with high percentage of lupin flour In: International Journal of Food Science and Technology, 56, 6707 - 6718
- Sharifi, S.,Majzoobi, M.,Farahnaky, A. (2021). Development of healthy extruded maize snacks; Effects of soybean flour and feed moisture content In: International Journal of Food Science and Technology, 56, 3179 - 3187
- Sharifi, S.,Majzoobi, M.,Farahnaky, A. (2021). Effects of particle size and moisture content of maize grits on physical properties of expanded snacks In: Journal of Texture Studies, 52, 110 - 123
- Majzoobi, M.,Farahnaky, A. (2021). Granular cold-water swelling starch; properties, preparation and applications, a review In: Food Hydrocolloids, 111, 1 - 11
- Wang, X.,Majzoobi, M.,Farahnaky, A. (2020). Ultrasound-assisted modification of functional properties and biological activity of biopolymers: A review In: Ultrasonics Sonochemistry, 65, 1 - 15
- Developing Functional Cellulose for Application in Shelf Stable Beverages. Funded by: Innovation Connections grant - Cat 1 from (2022 to 2023)
2 PhD Current Supervisions