Associate Professor Enamul Haque
From 2021, Dr Enamul Haque is an Associate Professor at the City Campus. Dr Haque provides innovative ideas to the research students, and collaborates with local and international universities. Dr Haque is also engaged with industry partners, state and federal parliament members, to build a strong research funding network.
Dr Haque was awarded his PhD degree in Chemical & Biomolecular Engineering from the University of Sydney, which has been followed by various research positions at the University of Sydney, University of Wollongong, University of New South Wales, Deakin University and RMIT University.
In this time Dr Haque has developed an international research profile in the synthesis of porous carbon materials, Metal-Organic Frameworks (MOFs), Graphene-Organic Frameworks (GOFs), graphene quantum dots, and more recently the application of biosensors for their study. Dr Haque’s research has yielded new insights in the fields of chemistry and nanomaterials, which has already led to outstanding research publications, including in the high-impact journals, many in the top 10 % of journals in the relevant discipline, invitations to write reviews in the area, as well as several awards.
Collectively, Dr Haque’s research articles have been cited 4263 times (Google Scholar Citation), underpinned his impressive h-index of 24. Dr Haque’s name has been listed in 'World Top 2% Scientists' in the field of Nanoscience and Nanotechnology (including general chemistry and strategic technology) which was published by Stanford University, USA. Dr Haque’s name also nominated for IAAM Scientist Award by International Association of Advanced Materials (SWEDEN).
- Nano Materials: Porous Carbon, Graphene-Organic Frameworks (GOFs), Metal-Organic Frameworks (MOFs), Biomaterials, Carbon Quantum Dots, Nano Diamond, Nanoparticles, Carbon Fibers, Doped-carbon structural materials.
- Computational Chemistry: structures, interactions and properties of molecules.
- Applications: Electronic Devices, Drug Delivery. Bio-sensors, Bio-imaging, Cancer detection and remediation, Animal Model - Zebrafish, Molecular Imaging, Toxicity, Therapeutic Agent, Drug Discovery.
A Purification Method of Porous Metal-Organic Framework Materials
Inventors: Sung Hwa Jhung, Enamul Haque. Patent No: KR20110004092(A), 2011-01-13; Classification: International, C07B63/00,C07F5/06
Enamul Haque, Andrew Minett, Andrew Harris ‘Synthesis and Properties of Carbon Nano Structural Materials’ Lap Lambert Academic Publisher,ISBN-13: 978-620-2-08069-9, Number of Pages: 248, Publication Date: 13 Feb, 2018.
- Enamul Haque, Md Nurunnabi, Clifford Liongue, Alister C. Ward, “Biocompatibility Assessment of Nanomaterials using Zebrafish as a Model” Chapter in ‘Biomedical Applications of Graphene and 2D Nanomaterials.’ Elsevier Publisher, 2019, Pages: 217-234.
- Sudesh Kumar, Kakarla Raghava Reddy, Enamul Haque, Veera Sadhu, “Polymeric semiconductors as efficient photocatalysts for water purification and solar hydrogen production” Chapter in Nanophotocatalysis and Environmental Applications: Energy Conversion. Springer Publisher, 2019, Pages: 125 – 153.
- Afrin, S.,Khan, M.,Haque, E.,Ren, B.,Ou, J. (2022). Recent advances in the tuning of the organic framework materials – The selections of ligands, reaction conditions, and post-synthesis approaches In: Journal of Colloid and Interface Science, 623, 378 - 404
- Islam, M.,Faisal, S.,Tong, L.,Roy, A.,Zhang, J.,Haque, E.,Minett, A.,Wang, C. (2021). N-doped reduced graphene oxide (rGO) wrapped carbon microfibers as binder-free electrodes for flexible fibre supercapacitors and sodium-ion batteries In: Journal of Energy Storage, 37, 1 - 9
- Fei, Z.,Ying, S.,Fan, P.,Chen, F.,Haque, E.,Zhong, M. (2020). Facile preparation of a crosslinked hydrophilic UHMWPE membrane In: Journal of Applied Polymer Science, 137, 1 - 7
- Haque, E.,Zavabeti, A.,Uddin, N.,Wang, Y.,Rahim, M.,Syed, N.,Xu, K.,Jannat, A.,Haque, F.,Zhang, B.,Ou, Jianzhen. et al.,, . (2020). Deciphering the role of quaternary n in o2 reduction over controlled n-doped carbon catalysts In: Chemistry of Materials, 32, 1384 - 1392
- Haque, E.,Pahlevani, F.,Gorjizadeh, N.,Hossain, R.,Sahajwalla, V. (2020). Thermal Transformation of End-of-Life Latex to Valuable Materials In: Journal of Composites Science, 4, 1 - 15
- Wang, Y.,Zhang, S.,Haque, E.,Zhang, B.,Ou, J.,Liu, J.,Liu, Z.,Li, Y.,Gao, W.,Haque, F.,Xu, K., et al, . (2019). Immobilisation of microperoxidase-11 into layered MoO3 for applications of enzymatic conversion In: Applied Materials Today, 16, 185 - 192
- Jannat, A.,Haque, F.,Xu, K.,Zhou, C.,Zhang, B.,Syed, N.,Mohiuddin, M.,Messalea, K.,Li, X.,Gras, S.,Wen, X.,Fei, Z.,Haque, E.,Walia, S.,Daeneke, T.,Zavabeti, S.,Ou, J. (2019). Exciton-Driven Chemical Sensors Based on Excitation-Dependent Photoluminescent Two-Dimensional SnS In: ACS Applied Materials and Interfaces, 11, 42462 - 42468
- Faisal, S.,Haque, E.,Noorbehesht, N.,Liu, H.,Islam, M.,Shabnam, L., et al, . (2018). A quadrafunctional electrocatalyst of nickel/nickel oxide embedded N-graphene for oxygen reduction, oxygen evolution, hydrogen evolution and hydrogen peroxide oxidation reactions In: Sustainable Energy and Fuels, 2, 2081 - 2089
- Faisal, S.,Haque, E.,Islam, M.,Noorbehesht, N., et al, . (2018). Nanoarchitectured Nitrogen-Doped Graphene/Carbon Nanotube as High Performance Electrodes for Solid State Supercapacitors, Capacitive Deionization, Li-Ion Battery, and Metal-Free Bifunctional Electrocatalysis In: ACS Applied Energy Materials, 1, 5211 - 5223
- Pourazadi, E.,Haque, E.,Faisal, S.,Harris, A. (2018). Identification of electrocatalytic oxygen reduction (ORR) activity of boron in graphene oxide; incorporated as a charge-adsorbate and/or substitutional p-type dopant In: Materials Chemistry and Physics, 207, 380 - 388