Professor Dan Harris (previously known as Anne Harris) is Associate Dean, Research & Innovation at the School of Education, RMIT.
They are an Australian Research Council Future Fellow, and Co-Director of Creative Agency research lab: www.creativeresearchhub.com.
Harris is editor of the book series Creativity, Education and the Arts (Palgrave), and has authored over 100 articles/book chapters, 17 books, plays, films and spoken word performances.
Their research focuses on the intersection of creativity at both practice and policy levels; on cultural, sexual and gender diversities; and on performance and activism. They are committed to the power of collaborative creative practice and social justice research to inform social change. Harris is most widely known for their scholarship in creativity studies, affect theory and autoethnography.
- PHD Victoria University (2010)
- Master of Fine Arts (Playwriting/Screenwriting) New York University (1995)
- Bachelor of Fine Arts (Dramatic Writing, English) New York University (1994).
- Harris, D.,Holman Jones, S. (2022). A Manifesto for Posthuman Creativity Studies In: Qualitative Inquiry, 28, 522 - 530
- Welch, R.,Alfrey, L.,Harris, A. (2021). Creativity in Australian health and physical education curriculum and pedagogy In: Sport, Education and Society, 26, 471 - 485
- Markham, A.,Harris, A. (2021). Prompts for Making Sense of a Pandemic: The 21-Day Autoethnography Challenge In: Qualitative Inquiry, 27, 928 - 941
- McLaughlin, T.,Kennedy, B.,Harris, A.,Hamilton, M.,Richardson, J.,Holman Jones, S. (2021). Online and social media resilience in young people in vulnerable contexts In: Vulnerable Children and Youth Studies, 16, 178 - 188
- Harris, D.,Carter, M. (2021). Applied creativity and the arts In: Curriculum Perspectives, 41, 107 - 112
- Gomes, C.,Hendry, N.,De Souza, R.,Hjorth, L.,Richardson, I.,Harris, A.,Coombs, G. (2021). Higher Degree Students (HDR) during COVID-19: Disrupted routines, uncertain futures, and active strategies of resilience and belonging In: Journal of International Students, 11, 1 - 19
- Willcox, M.,Hickey-Moody, A.,Harris, A. (2021). Isol-AID, Art and Wellbeing: Posthuman Community Amid COVID-19 In: The COVID-19 Crisis, Routledge, London, United Kingdom
- Harris, A. (2020). Creative-Relational Inquiry The Power of the Small In: Departures in Critical Qualitative Research, 9, 16 - 25
- Harris, A.,Holman Jones, S. (2020). Massive and Microscopic: Autoethnographic Affects in the Time of COVID In: Qualitative Inquiry, 27, 861 - 869
- Markham, A.,Harris, A.,Luka, M. (2020). Massive and Microscopic Sensemaking During COVID-19 Times In: Qualitative Inquiry, 27, 759 - 766
12 PhD Current Supervisions and 1 Masters by Research Current Supervisions4 PhD Completions
- Borderline Personality as Social Phenomena. Funded by: ARC Linkage Project Grants 2019 from (2021 to 2024)
- Staging Australian Women’s Lives: Theatre, Feminism and Socially Engaged Art (externally led by Monash University). Funded by: ARC Discovery Projects via other university 2020 from (2020 to 2023)
- Transforming 21st Century Creativity Education in Australasia. Funded by: ARC Future Fellowships Grant 2016 from (2017 to 2021)
- Narratives of digital resilience. Funded by: Department of Premier and Cabinet: Social Cohesion Research Grant 2017 from (2017 to 2019)
- Innovation in methods and ethics: Digital ethnography and vulnerable communities. Funded by: ATN (Australian Technology Network) Research Project from (2017 to 2018)