Anna Hickey-Moody is a Professor of Media and Communications and an Australian Research Council Future Fellow 2017-2021. She also holds a Vice-Chancellor Senior Research Fellowship.
Anna Hickey-Moody has worked with arts practice as a research method since the late 1990's. She is known for her methodological expertise with affect theory, qualitative and practice research. Anna has developed a philosophically informed, cultural studies approach to youth arts as a subcultural form of humanities education. Her books include The Politics of Widening Participation and University Access for Young People (Routledge, 2016), Youth, Arts and Education (Routledge, 2013), Unimaginable Bodies (Sense, 2009) and Masculinity Beyond the Metropolis (Palgrave, 2006). Anna has also edited a number of collected works and themed journal editions.
Anna is available to supervise in the areas of: Socially engaged arts practice, multicultural Australia, religion and everyday life, disability and gender.
- Rousell, D.,Hickey-Moody, A. (2021). Speculative and symbolic forms of expression: New practices in community arts education In: Debates in art and design education, Routledge, Oxon, UK
- Hickey-Moody, A. (2020). New Materialism, Ethnography, and Socially Engaged Practice: Space-Time Folds and the Agency of Matter In: Qualitative Inquiry, 26, 724 - 732
- Hickey-Moody, A.,Horn, C.,Willcox, M. (2020). STEAM Education, Art/Science and Quiet Activism In: Why Science and Art Creativities Matter, Brill Sense, Netherlands
- Hickey-Moody, A.,Willcox, M. (2020). Material Expressions of Religious Culture In: Religion, Hypermobility and Digital Media in Global Asia, Amsterdam University Press, Amsterdam
- Hickey-Moody, A.,Proasi, L. (2020). Nuevo materialismo, etnografía, y Práctica social comprometida: pliegues espacio-tiempo y la agencia de la materia In: PRAXIS Educativa, 25, 1 - 14
- Hickey-Moody, A.,Willcox, M. (2019). Entanglements of difference as community togetherness: Faith, art and feminism In: Social Sciences, 8, 1 - 21
- Hickey-Moody, A. (2019). Faith In: Philosophy Today, 63, 927 - 941
- Hickey-Moody, A.,Harrison, M. (2018). Socially Engaged Art and Affective Pedagogy: A Study in Inter-Faith Understanding In: Tate Papers, , 1 - 10
- Hickey-Moody, A.,Hardwood, V. (2018). Technologies of Orientation: Pathways, Futures In: Youth, Technology, Governance, Experience: Adults Understanding Young, Routledge, Oxon, United Kingdom
- Hickey-Moody, A.,Laurie, T. (2017). Masculinity and Ridicule In: Gender : laughter, Macmillan Reference USA, USA
Arts practice as research, socially engaged practice, disability, religion, masculinity, media arts, feminist theory, ethnography.
5 PhD Current Supervisions
- Early Start Arts Programs to Counter Radicalisation. Funded by: ARC Future Fellowships Grant 2016 from (2017 to 2021)