Dr Huang is senior lecturer at School of Management. He has received his PhD from Monash University, and his Masters of Engineering from Wuhan University of Science and Technology (WUST). He has spent three years as Post-doctoral Research Fellow at Small and Medium Enterprise Research Centre at Edith Cowan University.
Dr Huang was the Founding Director of China-Australia Business Research Centre at Edith Cowan University from 2007 to 2010. His research focuses on strategic management, innovation management, and Chinese investment in Australia. He has published over forty referred academic papers and articles in leading international journals, including Industrial Marketing Management, Journal of Small Business Management, Journal of Advertising Research, and R&D Management. He has also provided consulting services and training programs to many Australian and Chinese firms.
Dr Huang’s teaching interest includes strategic management, business research methods, and international business. He was Deputy Director of Australia-China Iron and Steel Industry Training Centre between 1990 and 1995, and Chinese Director of RMIT – WUST Program, and Head of Department of Business at WUST in 1996. He is adjunct professor at Wuhan University of Science and Technology.
- Lu, J.,Huang, X.,Muchiri, M. (2017). Political risk and Chinese outward foreign direct investment to Africa: the role of foreign aid In: Africa Journal of Management, 3, 82 - 98
- Huang, X.,Staples, W. (2017). Do Chinese corporations take their governance practices abroad? Evidence from Chinese mining subsidiaries in Australia In: Thunderbird International Business Review, 60, 619 - 632
- Lu, J.,Li, W.,Wu, A.,Huang, X. (2017). Political hazards and entry modes of Chinese investments in Africa In: Asia Pacific Journal of Management, , 1 - 23
- Huang, X. (2016). Corporate governance in Chinese-controlled subsidiaries In: Managing Chinese Outward Foreign Direct Investment, Palgrave Macmillan, New York, United States
- Huang, X.,Zhu, Y. (2016). Managing Chinese outward foreign direct investment, Palgrave Macmillan, Hampshire, United Kingdom
- Huang, X.,McMurray, A. (2016). Regional Australia's engagement with China in the Asian century: Innovation, integration and impact In: Australia-China Council, Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade Melbourne, Australia
- Huang, X. (2015). The impact of strategic market entry considerations on the financial performance of Chinese investment in the Australian mining industry In: Thunderbird International Business Review, 57, 323 - 339
- Huang, X.,Staples, W. (2015). Community engagement by Chinese firms in Australia In: Chinese Investment in Australia, Renmin University of China, Beijing, China
- Huang, X.,Staples, W. (2014). How and why engage community in the Australian mining industry? Combining institutional and stakeholder perspectives In: Proceedings of the 28th Australia and New Zealand Academy of Management Conference, ANZAM 2014: Reshaping Management for Impact, Sydney, Australia, 3-5 December 2014
- Huang, X.,Staples, W. (2014). Community engagement by Chinese firms in Australia: practices and benefits In: Australia-China Council, Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade� Melbourne, Australia
- Sister-City Partnerships: Building Australia-China Economic, Cultural and Educational Exchange. Funded by: Australia-China Council 2018 from (2018 to 2019)
- Regional Australia's Engagement with China in the Asian Century. Funded by: Australia China Council 2015 from (2015 to 2016)
- Community engagement by Chinese firms in Australia: Practices and benefits. Funded by: Australia China Council from (2013 to 2014)
2 PhD Completions5 PhD Current Supervisions