Dr Huang is senior lecturer at School of Management. He has received his PhD from Monash University, and his Masters of Engineering from Wuhan University of Science and Technology (WUST). He has spent three years as Post-doctoral Research Fellow at Small and Medium Enterprise Research Centre at Edith Cowan University.
Dr Huang was the Founding Director of China-Australia Business Research Centre at Edith Cowan University from 2007 to 2010. His research focuses on strategic management, innovation management, and Chinese investment in Australia. He has published over forty referred academic papers and articles in leading international journals, including Industrial Marketing Management, Journal of Small Business Management, Journal of Advertising Research, and R&D Management. He has also provided consulting services and training programs to many Australian and Chinese firms.
Dr Huang’s teaching interest includes strategic management, business research methods, and international business. He was Deputy Director of Australia-China Iron and Steel Industry Training Centre between 1990 and 1995, and Chinese Director of RMIT – WUST Program, and Head of Department of Business at WUST in 1996. He is adjunct professor at Wuhan University of Science and Technology.
- Do, L.,Huang, C. (2022). CSR Practices in the Vietnamese Food Companies: Evidence from an Emerging Economy In: Environmental Sustainability in Emerging Markets, Springer Nature, Singapore
- Rinawiyanti, E.,Huang, X.,As-Saber, S. (2022). Integration of corporate social responsibility for improved company performance: Evidence from the Indonesian manufacturing industry In: AIP Conference Proceedings, 2470, 1 - 12
- Rinawiyanti, E.,Huang, X.,As-Saber, S. (2022). Integrating corporate social responsibility into business functions and its impact on company performance: evidence from the Indonesian manufacturing industry In: Social Responsibility Journal, , 1 - 30
- Walker, M.,Fan, X.,Huang, X.,Bartram, T. (2022). The role of Australian local government in economic development: Building international engagement capacity In: Australian Journal of Public Administration, , 1 - 21
- Wei, Q.,Luo, J.,Huang, C. (2020). Influence of Social Identity on Family Firms’ FDI Decisions: The Moderating Role of Internal Capital Markets In: Management International Review, 60, 651 - 693
- Rinawiyanti, E.,Huang, X.,As-Saber, S. (2020). Adopting Management Control Systems Through CSR Strategic Integration and Investigating Its Impact on Company Performance: Evidence from Indonesia In: Corporate Governance: The international journal of business in society, 21, 463 - 478
- Fan, S.,Huang, C.,Walker, M.,Bartram, T. (2019). Australia-China Sister Cities: Seizing Opportunities Together In: Australia China Council, Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade Melbourne, Australia
- Lu, J.,Li, W.,Wu, A.,Huang, X. (2018). Political hazards and entry modes of Chinese investments in Africa In: Asia Pacific Journal of Management, 35, 39 - 61
- Huang, X.,Staples, W. (2017). Do Chinese corporations take their governance practices abroad? Evidence from Chinese mining subsidiaries in Australia In: Thunderbird International Business Review, 60, 619 - 632
- Dang, N.,McMurray, A.,Huang, C. (2017). Measuring New Product Development Project Success in Vietnamese Small and Medium-Sized Enterprises In: Advances in Human Factors, Business Management and Leadership, Springer, USA
2 PhD Current Supervisions7 PhD Completions
- Australia-Japan local government collaboration: building sustainable and resilient communities. Funded by: Australia-Japan Foundation (AJF) Grant 2018 onwards from (2021 to 2023)
- Sister-City Partnerships: Building Australia-China Economic, Cultural and Educational Exchange. Funded by: Australia-China Council 2018 from (2018 to 2019)
- Regional Australia's Engagement with China in the Asian Century. Funded by: Australia China Council 2015 from (2015 to 2016)
- Community engagement by Chinese firms in Australia: Practices and benefits. Funded by: Australia China Council from (2013 to 2014)