Dr Bruno Schivinski
Position: Senior Lecturer
College / Portfolio: Design and Social Context
School / Department: DSC|School - Media & Communication
Campus: City Campus
Contact me about: Research supervision
Dr Bruno Schivinski is a senior lecturer in the School of Media and Communication. He lectures in quantitative research methods to postgraduate students and supervises HDR students. His research interests are in online consumer behaviour.
Dr Bruno Schivinski, Ph.D., MA, BSc, FRSS, FHEA is a sociologist and senior lecturer in Advertising at RMIT University, Australia. He consults for online service providers, websites, and scientific institutions such as the Polish Ministry of Science and Higher Education (MNiSW) and the National Science Centre (NCN) in Poland. Dr. Schivinski is associate editor for SAGE Open and the Journal of Management and Business Administration–Central Europe. Dr. Schivinski specializes in quantitative research methods with focus on multivariate data analysis and generalization methods. His latest work can be found in the Journal of Business Research, Journal of Advertising Research, Industrial Marketing Management, and Journal of Clinical Medicine. His personal website: https:// brunoschivinski.wordpress.com/.
- Ph.D. candidate supervision (focused on social media and online consumer behavior)
- Teaching: Critical Enquiry in Media and Communication
- Ph.D. candidate supervision
- Ph.D. in Management (awarded with highest honors) focus on Marketing, Gdansk University of Technology, Poland
- MA in Sociology (awarded with highest honors) focus on Marketing, University Maria Curie-Sklodowska in Lublin, Poland
- BSc in Management, focus on Marketing, University Maria Curie-Sklodowska in Lublin, Poland
Memberships and associations
- 2020 – present RSS – Royal Statistics Society (UK): Fellow (Reference: 141866)
- 2017 – present HEA – Higher Education Academy: Fellow (Reference: PR142651)
- 2016 – present CIM – Chartered Institute of Marketing
- 2015 – present EAA - European Advertising Academy
- 2013 – present AMA - American Marketing Association
- 2013 – present ELMAR - Electronic Marketing
- 2020 Elsevier, Industrial Marketing Management, Awarded with Best Paper Award Runner-up for "Reflections of "Social media: Influencing customer satisfaction in B2B sales" and a research agenda".
- 2017 The Advertising Research Foundation, Journal of Advertising Research, Awarded with Best Paper Award Runner-up for "Developing and Validating a Scale to Measure Consumers' Engagement with Social Media Brand-Related Content".
- 2016 Emerald Literati Network, Journal of Research in Interactive Marketing, Awarded with Outstanding Paper for "The impact of brand communication on brand equity through Facebook".
- 2015 Gdansk University of Technology, Faculty of Management and Economics. Awarded with excellence in teaching, organizational, scientific activities.
- 2014 Best presentation award: CreativeTime – Wpływ młodych naukowców na osiągnięcia Polskiej nauki, V edycja, Kraków, Poland.
- 2012 Gdansk University of Technology Rector's Cup. Awarded for the first place at the "Barn Swallow Entrepreneurship 2011" contest for the best business plan and business innovation criteria.
- 2011 City Hall Scholarship from the City of Lublin. Awarded for the best M.A. dissertation dedicated to the economic development of the City of Lublin.
- 2011 Best paper award: Second place on the IX National Scientific Conference "Method, technique and tools of management", Lublin, Poland.
- 2010 Best case study presentation award: XIII International Scientific Conference Quality & Ethics, Kazimierz Dolny, Poland.
- 2009 Best case study presentation award: XII International Scientific Conference Activity 2009 - Creativity and entrepreneurship in the pro qualitative thinking and acting, Kazimierz Dolny, Poland.
- Rozgonjuk, D.,Schivinski, B.,Pontes, H.,Montag, C. (2023). Problematic Online Behaviors Among Gamers: the Links Between Problematic Gaming, Gambling, Shopping, Pornography Use, and Social Networking In: International Journal of Mental Health Addiction, 21, 240 - 257
- Brennan, L.,Francis, C.,Schivinski, B.,Jackson, M.,Parker, L.,Langley, S.,Lockrey, S.,Verghese, K.,Phan, T.,Hill, A.,Ryder, M. (2023). Consumer Perceptions of Food Packaging in Its Role in Fighting Food Waste In: Sustainability, 15, 1 - 16
- Brennan, L.,Schivinski, B.,Pochun, T.,Parker, L.,Hill, A.,Ryder, M.,Lockrey, S.,Verghese, K.,Langley, S.,Francis, C.,Jackson, M.,Phan, T. (2022). Consumer Acceptance of Packaging Design Alternatives: Industry Report In: Fight Food Waste Cooperative Research Centre; Woolworths; and Sustainability Victoria Urrbrae, Australia
- Brennan, L.,Parker, L.,Hill, A.,Pochun, T.,Schivinski, B.,Lockrey, S.,Ryder, M.,Verghese, K.,Langley, S.,Jackson, M.,Francis, C.,Phan, T. (2022). Consumer acceptance of packaging design alternatives: Survey Data Set In: Fight Food Waste Cooperative Research Centre; Woolworths; and Sustainability Victoria Adelaide, Australia
- Montag, C.,Schivinski, B.,Kannen, C.,Pontes, H. (2022). Investigating gaming disorder and individual differences in gaming motives among professional and non-professional gamers: An empirical study In: Addictive Behaviors, 134, 1 - 6
- Hoogeveen, S.,Sarafoglou, A.,Aczel, B.,Schivinski, B., et al, . (2022). A many-analysts approach to the relation between religiosity and well-being In: Religion, Brain and Behavior, , 1 - 47
- Stavropoulos, V.,Monger, K.,Zarate, D.,Prokofieva, M.,Schivinski, B. (2022). Online Gambling Disorder Questionnaire (OGD-Q): An item r‘esponse theory examination In: Addictive Behaviors Reports, 16, 1 - 9
- Langaro, D.,Loureiro, S.,Schivinski, B.,Neves, H. (2022). In the eye of the (fire)storm: better safe or sorry? Crisis communication strategies for managing virality of online negative brand-related content In: Journal of Marketing Communications, , 1 - 17
- Baxter, K.,Czarnecka, B.,Schivinski, B.,Massaro, M. (2022). Masculine men do not like feminine wording: The effectiveness of gendered wording in health promotion leaflets in the UK In: PLOS One, 17, 1 - 28
- Aleem, A.,Loureiro, S.,Schivinski, B.,Aguiar, M. (2022). In press - What if utilitarian products are regarded as high-status? The moderate role of iconic and popular as two dimensions of brand Coolness In: Journal of Marketing Communications, , 1 - 21
3 PhD Current Supervisions
- National Date Labelling and Storage Advice - Phase 1 (Project Code: 1.2.4). Funded by: Fight Food Waste CRC from (2022 to 2024)