Dr Bruno Schivinski is a senior lecturer in the School of Media and Communication. He lectures in quantitative research methods to postgraduate students and supervises HDR students. His research interests are in online consumer behaviour.
- Ph.D. candidate supervision (focused on social media and online consumer behavior)
- Teaching: Critical Enquiry in Media and Communication
- Ph.D. candidate supervision
- Ph.D. in Management (awarded with highest honors) focus on Marketing, Gdansk University of Technology, Poland
- MA in Sociology (awarded with highest honors) focus on Marketing, University Maria Curie-Sklodowska in Lublin, Poland
- BSc in Management, focus on Marketing, University Maria Curie-Sklodowska in Lublin, Poland
Memberships and associations
- 2020 – present RSS – Royal Statistics Society (UK): Fellow (Reference: 141866)
- 2017 – present HEA – Higher Education Academy: Fellow (Reference: PR142651)
- 2016 – present CIM – Chartered Institute of Marketing
- 2015 – present EAA - European Advertising Academy
- 2013 – present AMA - American Marketing Association
- 2013 – present ELMAR - Electronic Marketing
- 2020 Elsevier, Industrial Marketing Management, Awarded with Best Paper Award Runner-up for "Reflections of "Social media: Influencing customer satisfaction in B2B sales" and a research agenda".
- 2017 The Advertising Research Foundation, Journal of Advertising Research, Awarded with Best Paper Award Runner-up for "Developing and Validating a Scale to Measure Consumers' Engagement with Social Media Brand-Related Content".
- 2016 Emerald Literati Network, Journal of Research in Interactive Marketing, Awarded with Outstanding Paper for "The impact of brand communication on brand equity through Facebook".
- 2015 Gdansk University of Technology, Faculty of Management and Economics. Awarded with excellence in teaching, organizational, scientific activities.
- 2014 Best presentation award: CreativeTime – Wpływ młodych naukowców na osiągnięcia Polskiej nauki, V edycja, Kraków, Poland.
- 2012 Gdansk University of Technology Rector's Cup. Awarded for the first place at the "Barn Swallow Entrepreneurship 2011" contest for the best business plan and business innovation criteria.
- 2011 City Hall Scholarship from the City of Lublin. Awarded for the best M.A. dissertation dedicated to the economic development of the City of Lublin.
- 2011 Best paper award: Second place on the IX National Scientific Conference "Method, technique and tools of management", Lublin, Poland.
- 2010 Best case study presentation award: XIII International Scientific Conference Quality & Ethics, Kazimierz Dolny, Poland.
- 2009 Best case study presentation award: XII International Scientific Conference Activity 2009 - Creativity and entrepreneurship in the pro qualitative thinking and acting, Kazimierz Dolny, Poland.
- Rozgonjuk, D.,Schivinski, B.,Pontes, H.,Montag, C. (2023). Problematic Online Behaviors Among Gamers: the Links Between Problematic Gaming, Gambling, Shopping, Pornography Use, and Social Networking In: International Journal of Mental Health Addiction, 21, 240 - 257
- Alahmari, A.,Schivinski, B.,Li, X. (2023). Place branding and social media in the sharing economy: a literature review In: Technology Brands in the Digital Economy, Routledge, Poland
- Brennan, L.,Francis, C.,Schivinski, B.,Jackson, M.,Parker, L.,Langley, S.,Lockrey, S.,Verghese, K.,Phan, T.,Hill, A.,Ryder, M. (2023). Consumer Perceptions of Food Packaging in Its Role in Fighting Food Waste In: Sustainability, 15, 1 - 16
- Brennan, L.,Parker, L.,Schivinski, B.,Jackson, M.,Pochun, T.,Florence, E.,Langley, S.,Hill, A.,Ryder, M.,Lockrey, S.,Verghese, K.,Francis, C.,Sherman, A.,Phan, T.,Chorazy, E. (2023). Consumer perceptions of the role of packaging in reducing food waste: Final Project Report In: Fight Food Waste Cooperative Research Centre Adelaide, Australia
- Park, D.,Schivinski, B.,Duns-McKay, H.,Mclachlan, E. (2023). In press - The effect of social media communication on intention to vaccinate against COVID-19: A relationship mediated by perceptions of vaccine efficacy and safety In: Journal of Marketing Communications, , 1 - 20
- Hoogeveen, S.,Sarafoglou, A.,Aczel, B.,Schivinski, B., et al, . (2022). A many-analysts approach to the relation between religiosity and well-being In: Religion, Brain and Behavior, , 1 - 47
- Stavropoulos, V.,Monger, K.,Zarate, D.,Prokofieva, M.,Schivinski, B. (2022). Online Gambling Disorder Questionnaire (OGD-Q): An item r‘esponse theory examination In: Addictive Behaviors Reports, 16, 1 - 9
- Langaro, D.,Loureiro, S.,Schivinski, B.,Neves, H. (2022). In the eye of the (fire)storm: better safe or sorry? Crisis communication strategies for managing virality of online negative brand-related content In: Journal of Marketing Communications, , 1 - 17
- Baxter, K.,Czarnecka, B.,Schivinski, B.,Massaro, M. (2022). Masculine men do not like feminine wording: The effectiveness of gendered wording in health promotion leaflets in the UK In: PLOS One, 17, 1 - 28
- Aleem, A.,Loureiro, S.,Schivinski, B.,Aguiar, M. (2022). In press - What if utilitarian products are regarded as high-status? The moderate role of iconic and popular as two dimensions of brand Coolness In: Journal of Marketing Communications, , 1 - 21
1 PhD Completions8 PhD Current Supervisions
- National Date Labelling and Storage Advice - Phase 1 (Project Code: 1.2.4). Funded by: Fight Food Waste CRC from (2023 to 2025)