Dr Polly Stanton
Polly Stanton is a lecturer in the school of Media and Communication. She teaches and supervises across sound, video and installation practice in the Master of Media program.
Polly’s work investigates the relations between environment, human actions, and land use. Her films and installations focus on extractive zones and contested sites, presenting landscape as a politically charged field of negotiation. Sound also plays a critical role in her work, with listening practices and field recordings engaged with as a means to expand vision and consider the unseen elements of place. Polly’s mode of working is expansive and site based, with her practice intersecting across a range of disciplines from film production, sound design, fieldwork, performance, writing and publication.
Polly’s work is held in a number of private and public collections. Her artwork has been exhibited internationally and she is the recipient of numerous grants and Artist-in-Residence programs.
For further information please visit www.pollystanton.com
- Dean, B.,Stanton, P. (2020). Propositions for Listening In: Avantwhatever Festival Melbourne, Australia
- Stanton, P. (2019). Sound, listening and the moving image In: Qualitative Research Journal, 19, 65 - 71
- Stanton, P. (2019). Indefinite Terrains In: The Model Citizen Melbourne
- Stanton, P. (2019). Embodied Listening: exceeding the restrictions of visual perception In: Proceedings of the 8th International Conference on Media Art, Science, and Technology (RE:SOUND 2019), Aalborg, Denmark, 20-23 August 2019
- Dean, B.,Stanton, P. (2019). Emergent Fields In: Translating Ambiance Melbourne, Australia
- Stanton, P. (2018). Three Rooms In: Super Field Melbourne, Australia
- Stanton, P.,Nightingale, S. (2017). The Spectral Field In: Spectral Ecologies Mildura, Australia
- Stanton, P. (2017). Between Two Suns In: The Ecology of Place Melbourne, Australia
- Stanton, P. (2017). Undercurrents In: Current Melbourne, Australia
- Stanton, P.,Kanngieser, A. (2016). And Then the Sea Came back In: ABC Soundproof Melbourne, Australia
1 Masters by Research Completions5 PhD Current Supervisions