RMIT Student Mobility Grants
For students undertaking an outbound mobility activity as part of their RMIT program; worth $1000
From 2016 you will no longer be able to apply directly for a mobility grant for a Global Intensive or Short-Term program that is on Mobi.
How do I receive a grant in 2016?
Your program leader applies directly for the grants, and then allocates the awarded grants to students in the program after applications have closed.
How do I know if there are grants for my program?
You can check if there are grants by going to your program website. It will be listed on the description under the section ‘Funding/Scholarships’.
How much are the grants?
Grants are generally worth $1,000 per student, however this amount may be split into $500 lots at the discretion of the Global Intensive Leader.
Are the grants guaranteed?
No. We have a limited amount of funding. Grants should be considered an added bonus. Refer to our financial support site for other funding options.
As a recipient of this grant you will be required to act as an RMIT Global Mobility Ambassador. This will involve producing image/video posts and blog posts during your mobility activity for promotional use by Global Mobility, and that you are available to do a profile with official RMIT news. Recipients will also be required to participate in one Pre-departure session for the following cohort of Outbound students upon your return to RMIT. This may include being on the panel to provide general advice and tips or share an example from your personal experience within one of the following areas- Intercultural identity, Health and Wellness abroad and Skill and Career development.
- 3 blog posts describing you experience
- Posted to the RMITAbroad Google + site
- Must include the following hash tags in the post #RMITAbroad and #outbound
- You'll need to opt in to use Google + on your student account
Images and Video:
- A combination of 12 images or videos showing your experience. It can be anything - the program you are studying, the travel you do on the weekends, favourite places to eat, your friends, form of transport
- Images: posted on Instagram
- Video: embed in Google + posts (you'll need to upload them to YouTube to get them on Google +)
- All posts must include the following hash tags: #RMITAbroad and #outbound
- There are a limited number of Student Mobility Grants available, and some students may not be awarded funding. Students should not rely on receipt of an RMIT Student Mobility Grant alone to fund their outbound mobility activity.
- Only one form of funding will be awarded by the Global Mobility office per student per activity.
- Student Mobility Grants will not be offered for activities retrospectively.
- Student Mobility Grants payments may not be paid prior to program commencement. Payments are electronically transferred to the student’s nominated bank account.
- Payment may not be made until evidence of your activity is received by the Global Mobility Office. You will be advised if you need to provide evidence.
- Assessment and awarding of the grants is managed by the Global Mobility Office.
Notice to applicants
The scholarship application process is highly competitive with a limited number of scholarships available. Unfortunately, not all eligible applicants will receive one.
Only successful candidates will be notified via email to their RMIT student account.