RMIT Accommodation Scholarship
For commencing students moving to Melbourne to study at RMIT; worth up to $5200
Semester 1 applicants: The scholarship provides $5200 for one year.
Semester 2 applicants: The scholarship provides $2600 for one semester.
To be eligible for this scholarship you must:
- be an Australian or New Zealand citizen, an Australian permanent resident or a permanent humanitarian visa holder
- be relocating from interstate rural/regional Victoria to study at RMIT in semester 2 2022 for the first time
- be commencing full time study in the standard semester 2 2022 in a certificate IV, diploma, degree or postgraduate by coursework program at RMIT
- be enrolled in a program with a duration of at least one semester
- be able to demonstrate financial disadvantage such as:
- receiving a Government tested low income benefit or having a Centrelink Health Care Card
- be able to demonstrate educational disadvantage such as:
- having a long term medical condition or disability which impacts your study
- have previously/are currently living in foster/kinship care or are a ward of the state
- experiencing difficult family/social circumstances
- were born overseas, are from a non-English speaking background and recently migrated to Australia
- are a current or former refugee
- completed your secondary education at a Schools Network Access Program school
- have not previously commenced or completed a program at the same level of study or higher
If you are a certificate IV or diploma student you must:
- have a government-subsidised place
- not be enrolled in an apprenticeship or traineeship program.
If you are a degree or honours student you must:
- have a Commonwealth supported place.
Direct to RMIT applications
The online application form will be made available here when applications open. In order to be considered for this scholarship, you must submit a complete online application. Partial applications will not be assessed.
Find out more about applying for scholarships.
Apply online through the Victorian Tertiary Admissions Centre (VTAC) website (www.vtac.edu.au).
Before you begin your application, please visit Supporting Your Application for more information about supporting your application with evidence, providing referee letters and answering application questions.
Notice to applicants
The scholarship application process is highly competitive with a limited number of scholarships available. Unfortunately, not all eligible applicants will receive one.
Only successful candidates will be notified via their RMIT student email account by 31 March 2022. If you have not received an offer by 31 March 2022, your application has been unsuccessful.