Spatial Vision Women in Geospatial Scholarship
For women enrolled in their first year of Geospatial Sciences; worth $4,000 for one year.
One in 2021
One in 2022
To be eligible for this scholarship you must:
- be an Australian or New Zealand citizen, an Australian permanent resident or a permanent humanitarian visa holder
- identify as a woman
- be enrolled full-time in your first year in one of the following programs:
- Bachelor of Science (Geospatial Science) (Honours) (BH117)
- Bachelor of Science (Dean’s Scholar) (Honours), majoring in Geospatial Science (BH101GS)
- have completed Year 12 (or equivalent) within the past two years with an Australian Tertiary Admission Rank (ATAR) of at least 65.
- be able to demonstrate interpersonal, communication and leadership skills.
- are Australian Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islanders, and/or
- can demonstrate financial and/or educational disadvantage such as:
- receiving a Government tested low income benefit or having a Centrelink Health Care Card
- having a long term medical condition or disability which impacts your study
- have previously/are currently living in foster/kinship care or are a ward of the state
- experiencing difficult family/social circumstances
- have/will be relocating from interstate or rural/regional Victoria to Melbourne to study at RMIT
- were born overseas, are from a non-English speaking background and recently migrated to Australia
- are a current or former refugee
- have completed your secondary education at a Schools Network Access Program school
The online application form will be made available here when applications open.
Depending on your circumstances, you will need to provide different types of evidence and material to support your scholarship application. Applications without supporting documents will not be considered.
Please visit Supporting Your Application for more information.
It is expected that the online application will take approximately thirty minutes to complete. The main application questions are listed below to allow you time to prepare your answers in advance prior to starting the online application.
- Discuss your passion for studying in your chosen field, including the steps you have taken to achieve your educational goals.
- What are your future plans and career aspirations?
- How do you intend to use this scholarship and how will it assist you to achieve academic success?
- Discuss any difficult circumstances you have faced that have affected your education.
- Describe your interpersonal, communication and leadership skills.
Find out more about applying for scholarships.
Shortlisted applicants may be invited to participate in an interview, chaired by relevant RMIT staff and attended by representatives from Spatial Vision.
Scholarship recipients may be offered an opportunity to participate in a paid work experience placement or vacation employment with Spatial Vision at the end of the completed scholarship year
Notice to applicants
The scholarship application process is highly competitive with a limited number of scholarships available. Unfortunately, not all eligible applicants will receive one.
Only successful candidates will be notified via email to their RMIT student account.