Position: Lecturer in Management
College / Portfolio: College of Business and Law
School / Department: COBL|Graduate School of Business & Law
Campus: City Campus
Contact me about: Research supervision
Kendall Herbert is a lecturer at RMIT University in the Graduate School of Business and Law. She holds a PhD from Monash University, Department of Management. Kendall's key research interests surround organisational behaviour, leadership and international management. In line with her research she has undergraduate and postgraduate teaching experience in the areas of leadership, management, organisational behaviour, business strategy and international business. Kendall has received multiple awards and scholarships for her academic and teaching excellence.
- Kendall is continuously working on a number of research projects in collaboration with leading scholars in the business field. Please see publications for a list of Kendall's research outputs excluding conference papers.
Teaching and Coordination
- Leadership and Ethics (EMBA)
- People and Organisations (Master of Human Resource Management)
- RMIT Fastrack Innovation Challenge
- Doctor of Philosophy, Monash University
- Bachelor of Commerce (First Class Honours), Monash University
- Bachelor of Psychological Science and Business, Monash University
- Wang, C.,Piperopoulos, P.,Chen, S.,Ming, A.,Herbert, K. (2022). Outward FDI and Innovation Performance of Chinese Firms: Why Can Home-Grown Political Ties Be A Liability? In: Journal of World Business, 57, 1 - 16
- Tantawy, M.,Herbert, K.,McNally, J.,Mengel, T.,Piperopoulos, P.,Foord, D. (2021). Bringing creativity back to entrepreneurship education: Creative self-efficacy, creative process engagement, and entrepreneurial intentions In: Journal of Business Venturing Insights, 15, 1 - 8
- Miao, Q.,Eva, N.,Newman, A.,Nielsen, I.,Herbert, K. (2020). Ethical Leadership and Unethical Pro-Organisational Behaviour: The Mediating Mechanism of Reflective Moral Attentiveness In: Applied Psychology, 69, 834 - 853
- Eva, N.,Newman, A.,Miao, Q.,Cooper, B.,Herbert, K. (2019). Chief executive officer participative leadership and the performance of new venture teams In: International Small Business Journal, 37, 69 - 88
- Newman, A.,Eva, N.,Herbert, K. (2018). Leadership and leadership development in Asia In: Routledge Handbook of Human Resource Management in Asia, Routledge, Oxon, United States
- Cavanagh, A.,Freeman, S.,Kalfadellis, P.,Herbert, K. (2017). Assigned versus assumed: Towards a contemporary, detailed understanding of subsidiary autonomy In: International Business Review, 26, 1168 - 1183
- Zander, L.,Butler, C.,Mockaitis, A.,Herbert, K.,Lauring, J.,Makela, K.,Paunova, M.,Umans, T.,Zettinig, P. (2015). Team-based global organizations: The future of global organizing In: The future of global organizing, Emerald, United Kingdom
- Herbert, K.,Mockaitis, A.,Zander, L. (2014). An opportunity for east and west to share leadership: A multicultural analysis of shared leadership preferences in global teams In: Asian Business and Management, 13, 257 - 282
2 PhD Completions3 PhD Current Supervisions
Management and international business; Gobal virtual teams, Cross-cultural management, Leadership and team innovation.