Dr Fatima Madani is a lecturer in Marketing (ECDF) in RMIT's School of Economics, Finance and Marketing.
Fatima Madani holds a PhD in Marketing from Monash University. Her primary research area is in Quantitative Marketing, with a specific focus on retailing (store loyalty, fair-trade products), Consumer Analytics (Alcohol consumption, Healthy food consumption, Consumption coping, Food packaging), and Consumer Behaviour (Political ideology, Tight and Loose culture, etc).
Her research has been published in Marketing Journals such as the Journal of Retailing and Consumer Services and Current Issues in Tourism. She has also presented her research at several conferences such as INFORMS Marketing science and Marketing Analytics Symposium (MASS),Sydney. Prior to RMIT Fatima was working at the Department of Premier and Cabinet (Vic) as a Behavioural Insights Technical Specialist.
View Fatima Madani's LinkedIn.
- Quantitative Marketing
- Consumer Analytics
- Consumer Behaviour
- Marketing Analytics
- Digital Marketing
- 2021 – PhD in Marketing, Monash University, Victoria, Australia
Thesis Title: Household Life Cycle Transitions: Implications for Grocery Consumption
- 2009 – Master in International Marketing, Shahid Beheshti University (SBU), Tehran, Iran
- 2007 – Bachelor in Industrial Management,The University of Isfahan, Isfahan, Iran
- 2020-2021 - Behavioural Insights Technical Specialist, Department of Premier and Cabinet (Vic), Melbourne, Australia
- 2009-2013 - Marketing Specialist, Iran insurance Co., Tehran, Iran
- Gohary, A.,Madani, F.,Chan, E.,Tavallaei, S. (2023). Political ideology and fair-trade consumption: A social dominance orientation perspective In: Journal of Business Research, 156, 1 - 11
- Gohary, A.,Shah, A.,Hosseini, S.,Chan, E.,Madani, F. (2022). God salience and tourists' pro-environmental behavior In: Annals of Tourism Research, 93, 1 - 4
- Madani, F.,Seenivasan, S.,Ma, J. (2021). Determinants of store patronage: The roles of political ideology, consumer and market characteristics In: Journal of Retailing and Consumer Services, 63, 1 - 11
- Madani, F.,Gohary, A.,Chan, E. (2020). Motivations behind visiting unplanned tourist attractions: an Iranian context In: Current Issues in Tourism, 23, 947 - 951
- Gohary, A.,Pourazizi, L.,Madani, F.,Chan, E. (2020). Examining Iranian tourists’ memorable experiences on destination satisfaction and behavioral intentions In: Current Issues in Tourism, 23, 131 - 136